Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: The Coachella Flu ...fact or fiction?

Member John Peel is My Co-pilot's Avatar

Default Re: The Coachella Flu ...fact or fiction?

I think the government, shit-scared at the mobilization of a disaffected youth full of Rage fans, used the police helicopters to crop-dust the campsite with a potent chemical weapon.
    A teenage dream, so hard to beat...

Just got over my second day with a sore throat today (it's gone now). I also had a rash develop on the inside of my arm and torso probably on Monday or so. It's pretty much gone now. Why are so many people complaining of rashes and cold-like symptoms? I never get sick (once a year or so during Christmas), I've been taking a Trader Joe's multi-vitamin for 4.5 months everyday now and I slept better at Coachella than I do at home. Something seems not right. Even if it's a cold, where did all these rashes that everyone has come from?
    Quote Originally Posted by hannibul View Post
    It was NOT over when the germans bombed Pearl Harbor!
    '06, '07, '08, '09, '11!

i was fine till the first day of the fest. i started having allergy like symptoms in my nose. the second day i was sneezing non stop and really congested. the third day i was having trouble breathing. no flu or cold symptoms... just what seemed like VERY severe allergic reactions. by monday (the day after the last day of the fest) i had to start using an inhaler. i used an inhaler for 2 days because of chest tightness. it started getting better a day and 1/2 ago... but my nose is still congested.

it actualy made me doubt going to coachella next year. i had a blast, but that dust fucked me so bad i was MISERABLE. i can deal with this nasal stuff, but chest tightness??? no way. sucks.

i didn't camp. i'm afraid if i had i would have died.
    Last edited by ashtraygrl; 05-03-2007 at 11:46 PM.

Lurker

I know 3 people that got sick after Coachella too. hmmm. maybe it's a terrorist plot!

yeah i got these bumps on my penis...anyone else ?

Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.

My daughter woke up yesterday with a very runny nose and very sore throat; she'll be home from school for a few days. I was sneezing a lot on Friday and Saturday, but started feeling better Sunday. I was taking an Airborne each day of the festival, and each day since I've been home; maybe that helped. I'm allergic to dead, dry grass so I thought it was just allergies. I've had a little sore throat coming and going this week, and my digestive system is a little off, mostly I am just <very> sleepy. Friday when I was sitting in the grass in the Gobi tent, I noticed some odd black stuff on my legs, was not sure where it came from -- maybe pesticide or something? Also, it was extremely dusty leaving the parking lot on Sunday night, I could barely breathe.

hey i sick too. and i didnt camp. and the kidd i went with is sick. this is strange
    http://blogs.1077theend.com/internbryce/

Quote Originally Posted by OnlyNonStranger View Post
    I bet all those Canucks fans from last year would love it if Mumford & Sons headlined.
    Quote Originally Posted by bobert View Post
    It is good rioting music.

I'm not reading this entire thread. All I can say is I haven't had any problems, and my husband is fine too.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

i think 1/2 the people on this thread are just suffering from the flu, strep, or a cold. traveling and staying with other people in crowded situations will do that.

i think the other 1/2 (myself included) are suffering from some kind of reaction to the dust.

th sore throat, fever, etc. stuff sounds more like a virus than an environmental thing. those of us having congestion and chest tightness alone are either allergic to the dust or something was in it... such as spores or whatnot.

I'm on day three of laying on my pull out couch with a big box of kleenex. : (

Quote Originally Posted by MikeWeez View Post
    yeah i got these bumps on my penis...anyone else ?
    ha ha ha ewwww

this sucks...started with a HORRIBLE sore throat, bloody noses, and has turned into the worse sinus problems yet....all i'm doing is coughing, sitting by drenched boxes of kleenex, and typing this. Conspiracy!

I'm going to overdose on ricolas

Take some AIRBORNe ,. GREAT STUFF. Helps out alot

Quote Originally Posted by menikmati View Post
    this sucks...started with a HORRIBLE sore throat, bloody noses, and has turned into the worse sinus problems yet....all i'm doing is coughing, sitting by drenched boxes of kleenex, and typing this. Conspiracy!
    Aww. I feel bad for you, Erik. I did actually take Airborne and/or a vitamin just about every day, and I'm fine. I count myself lucky though, considering I had 2-3 hours sleep every night.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

Did any of you ever here of Valley Fever. It is spread in the dust, microscopic spores. Your doctors won't know anything about it, unless they practiced medicine in California's central valley. Can be deadly, or just long term debilitating. Don't know the symtoms, or how fast it spreads, but some of you might tell your doctors, if the symptoms continue. When I was little, it nearly killed my dad. He was in hospital several months. If you grew up in central valley, probally immune, othrwise, you could be screwed. Good luck

lowfront

Now when I blow my nose in the morning there is blood....

wonderful

Lurker

Quote Originally Posted by traviscanada View Post
    Wow, that is really interesting.

Just to check, is anyone feeling better? I saw someone got antibiotics, did that help? I've been feeling sick (similar to allergies) for about a week now and I'm really not feeling any better. Someone please tell me this feeling goes away!!!

wow i thought i was the only one to get sick.... i am seriously dying. i contracted pink eye in both eyes on Sunday like right during Willie Nelson. And two days after the festival i developed an ear infection. and ive just been generally sick and feel like crap still!!! damn you coachella!

I feel like crap...ugh...

I got thrush. This is the second time I've had thrush after a Coachella weekend. Too much social interaction I guess.
    I'll take you. I can't promise to stay soft the whole time, though.

i am also sick
    Posted up like Andre Agassi on the tennis court

i'll include myslef in the not so healthy. i normally take Monday off, but had to take Tuesday as well because i was out of it with the sinuses, weakness, and cough. i was practically in a coma with the amount of sleep. i attributed that to the need for make up zzzz's. The cough is not knarly, just a weak consistent one that i still have today. i've been to all Coachellas and never be ill afterwards. i don't have allergies (of course that i am aware of). hmmmm.

Quote Originally Posted by spertierra View Post
    Did any of you ever here of Valley Fever. It is spread in the dust, microscopic spores. Your doctors won't know anything about it, unless they practiced medicine in California's central valley. Can be deadly, or just long term debilitating. Don't know the symtoms, or how fast it spreads, but some of you might tell your doctors, if the symptoms continue. When I was little, it nearly killed my dad. He was in hospital several months. If you grew up in central valley, probally immune, othrwise, you could be screwed. Good luck

i was worried about valley fever before even going to coachella. however, i was told that you only get it from dust that's just been dug up, like on construction sites.

i'M SICK. AND IT ISN'T THE CIGARETTES, i'VE SMOKED A PACK A DAY FOR YEARS. MY LUNGS AND THROAT ARE STILL FUCKED. GOOD OL COACHELLA.

I live here & I didn't get sick. Be glad it wasn't this weekend, cuz the winds are kicking up the sand & dust like crazy.
    Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

i camped for the 3 days and im also sick with a soar throat and mucus....
    What happen if someone make a crime?