Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: The Coachella Flu ...fact or fiction?

Default Re: The Coachella Flu ...fact or fiction?

Quote Originally Posted by thaipod View Post
    it's not a placebo because it's not a drug. It's a mega-multi-vitamin. It certainly does the trick.
    Uh, as far as I understand you can talk about a placebo effect even if you're not talking about drugs. So, say that I had depression and heard that eating lots of pizza would help me feel better, so I ate lots of pizza and convinced myself it was working and started to feel happier. That wouldn't be a drug, but it would be a placebo effect. Right?

that brought back memories

Gummi bear sultan miscorrections's Avatar

i don't know, i think pizza has been clinically proven to have a direct causal effect on happiness.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    Has anyone gone on a date with a sandwich recently? What base did you get to? Ham?

Quote Originally Posted by miscorrections View Post
    i think pizza has been clinically proven to have a direct causal effect on happiness.
    mmmmmmm pizzzzzzzza

I feel like shit, my ears and throat are all jacked up. I think its due to NO sleep all weekend (and the dust). No sleep fucks up your system.
    Someone should jam a panda up his peehole.
    Fuck Tiesto and his overblown schtick.

Quote Originally Posted by algunz View Post
    "I have the measles and the mumps,
    A gash, a rash and purple bumps.
    My mouth is wet, my throat is dry,
    I'm going blind in my right eye.
    My tonsils are as big as rocks,
    I've counted sixteen chicken pox
    And there's one more - that's seventeen,
    And don't you think my face looks green?
    My leg is cut, my eyes are blue -
    It might be instamatic flu.
    I cough and sneeze and gasp and choke,
    I'm sure that my left leg is broke -
    My hip hurts when I move my chin,
    My belly button's caving in,
    My back is wrenched, my ankle's sprained,
    My 'pendix pains each time it rains.
    My nose is cold, my toes are numb,
    I have a sliver in my thumb.
    My neck is stiff, my voice is weak,
    I hardly whisper when I speak.
    My tongue is filling up my mouth,
    I think my hair is falling out.
    My elbow's bent, my spine ain't straight,
    My temperature is one-o-eight.
    My brain is shrunk, I cannot hear,
    There is a hole inside my ear.
    I have a hangnail, and my heart is - what?
    What's that? What's that you say?
    You say today is . . . Saturday?
    G'bye, I'm going out to play!"
    YEAH Shel Silverstein! That was my favorite poem from Where the Sidewalk Ends.
    I think the safest course is to assume everyone is a fucking nightmare and proceed from there.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.

I woke up quite ill on Sunday. Forced myself through the day, but I felt a lot better by the time CSS played, and once the sun went down I felt even more better. No doubt though, that allergies were definately at work. The straw and dust also did me some damage, and on the way back home on Monday I felt like crap. I feel good now though.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    I try to be politically pc more than most here: As a dude, anyone who could put a shark up a gals pc body, is pretty creepy, different and interesting. Just saying big time ..... cr****

Has anyone else been running a temperature? I've got the cough and the sore throat like everyone else, but I've also had a low-grade fever since Monday, which hasn't been much fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Riggins33 View Post
    Hey rubber toe, it's a message board not a English essay. NERD

not reading this whole thread, but has anyone suggested yet that it could have been the aidz needles?

maybe someone did make a crime?

Thumbs down Re: The Coachella Flu ...fact or fiction?

I have a very subtle rash all over my arms and on top of my hands. Never had an allergy, or skin condition before.

Can anyone confirm what this could be / how to treat?

My entire group had black boogers all weekend long - had to be the dust.

Never had health problems at all during Coachella over the last 2 years.. something strange was in the air ;(

Lurker

I got real sick sunday night and i was only there for friday. bad sore throat which is now a real bad cold.

All I know is my throat is sore and my nose is running. That could be because I was surrounded by thousands of people, but now I'm sick for the Spider-man 3 premiere. LAME!
    why isnt ridge racer playin at coachella?

Man, I knew something was up. I'm never, ever sick. I'm a Coachella vet (5+ years) and I've been 100% fine every time back, but this year, on Monday when I woke up, it was the worst sore throat ever. That's subsided by now, but I still after five days have a bad, bad cold. And a friend that I know went came back and was coughing up blood on Monday. It sucks cause I can't take off any more time from work (already used up my days for Coachella itself) so I'm stuck here in the office sneezing and coughing non-stop.

Something was definitely in the air/water-guy was sick/something going on this year.

lowfront

Ya this is really horrible, I feel like dog shit and my mornings are killing with my sore throat

Day 3 was bad for me, I couldn't breath at all. By the time Rage came out I was dying. I had to go watch from afar because dealing with the dicks jumping on me while not being able to breath was more then I wanted to deal with.

After that my nose starting running a lot. It took until today for it to really stop, but I can still feel my breathing isn't quite right. I think that will take a few more days to get back

I'm thinking it was the dead grass is the parking area, that hit me hard. Not sure what it was inside the fields though, unless that crap carried over

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaSigChi4 View Post
    I am perfectly fine and never got sick/felt bad/etc.

Maybe you all should get better immune systems.

E
    Do you mock the dead at funerals too?

Are you as much of a jerk in real life as you are on these boards?, or are you just hungry for attention?

Last edited by barrett90; 08-21-2008 at 03:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JOEJOEJOE View Post
    Do you mock the dead at funerals too?

Are you as much of a jerk in real life as you are on these boards?, or are you just hungry for attention?

I didn't think that was THAT mean (or really mean at all)

OUTKAST 2014
    it's finally happening

Röyksopp, FC Kahuna, Télépopmusik, The Knife, RJD2, Futue Sound of London, The Avalanches, 808 State, Zero 7, Tycho, Mr. Scruff

[QUOTE=thelastgreatman;186027]Anyone else notice that the insides of their nostrils had become lined with a substance of pitch blackness over the course of the weekend? Maybe just a campsite thing?

I feel fine, but maybe the black shit is what caused all the blood when I blew my nose? Black bloody snot is not good.

Quote Originally Posted by ellynet View Post
    I have a very subtle rash all over my arms and on top of my hands. Never had an allergy, or skin condition before.

Can anyone confirm what this could be / how to treat?

My entire group had black boogers all weekend long - had to be the dust.

Never had health problems at all during Coachella over the last 2 years.. something strange was in the air ;(
    My rash is all over the tops of my arms and the tops of my feet; which is odd because those particular body parts weren't in the grass. I've never had any skin or sun allergies either. Mine is starting to go away-not itchy anymore.
    I think the safest course is to assume everyone is a fucking nightmare and proceed from there.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.

i do like 3 lines of airborne every 6 hrs

wow, it looks like i'm not alone. My friend and I both came down with a runny nose mid day Sunday and we didn't camp. I'm still sick, but getting bettery. My sinus congestion has been pretty bad though.

hope everyone feels better soon.

edit: bettery...hahah
    Then I will hold you down and spit her percolations all over you until you're as greasy as the day she regrets pushing your big fat ass out her big fat cunt.

I feel pretty good, but my girlfriend took an aidz needle to the left big toe.
    Quote Originally Posted by yellowbird404 View Post
    I want to go but fuck, thats a lot of money...

im suing Goldenvoice....I cant brefff (ala g.lo style)

Global Warming Could Worsen Allergies, Study Finds:

http://www.nytimes.com/library/natio...n-climate.html

This was my 4th Coachella and it was weird because everyone except one guy in our carpool got sick, we thought it was hay fever, all I know is that on sunday and monday my nose wouldn't stop running and I couldn't stop sneezing and the pitch blackness that was spoken of earlier was coming out of my nose, yuck, then on tuesday on our 3 hour drive back home from the bay area a terrible fever hit me. Next day I was fine, but my sister was nearly dead, but she's better now, she drank like 4 Essential orange-orange Vitamin Waters in one day, she got like 800% of her daily vitamin c. Ka Pow!

My fever went away today. But I can't swallow without agony. And I'm still draining out lots of green nastiness. Not coughing up blood anymore, thankfully, but it seems everyone I know who went is sick. I figured my sickness was because I went to the desert while recovering from a sinus infection. I've never been sick like this in previous years...burned, dehydrated, and exhausted, yes, but not actually sick sick. And everyone I know is in a similar state. Even those who only went two days. Something was seriously wrong this year. Something in the dirt, and therefore the air? If so, what? Will we ever know?

I'm feeling ok but my co-worker who went is really sick. He's got a gnarly sinus infection and then started puking tonight at work.

Quote Originally Posted by tubescape View Post
    ugh... the rash! got it from my elbows down. probably from lying on the grass. never had an allergic reaction like this to grass. it has mellowed now, but it still sucks. i bet it was from all the herbicides and fertilizers they use to keep the grass green.

I have a bit of it on my legs too, and I think it's probably from sweating onto grass covered with pesticides/herbicides. I'm really surprised I am not sick though! I am allergic to everything in nature, but feel fine. I took some airborne before going and when coming back, claritin while there, and used my neti pot when I got back. I felt WAY better after getting all that black grime out of my nasal passages.

Knowing that so many other people got sick too makes me feel a little better. Misery loves company, I suppose.

Did anybody get a blister on their lip? I was sober (or at least coherent) 99% of the time, and I'm almost positive I didn't get it the fun way.