Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 236

Thread: The Coachella Flu ...fact or fiction?

  1. #31
    Member elChurro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Empire Polo Grounds, Indio Ca.
    Posts
    1,184

    Default Re: The Coachella Flu ...fact or fiction?

    Most of society set themselves up these days giving into the whole personal day to day germ warfare by using excessive anti-whatever products and drinking bottled water. So when it comes time to actually battle something you're up shit creek cause your immune system is so used to being pampered.

    but yea, allergies... big time out here.

  2. #32

    Default Re: The Coachella Flu ...fact or fiction?

    Just found this thread ... Glad to know I am not the only one!!! Flew back to NJ on Monday and felt pretty bad by the time I landed, worse that night, and absolutely horrible by Tuesday morning. Stayed home, then went back to work yesterday - today am feeling kind of OK (probably from all the Dayquil, saline spray, salt-water gargling, neti pot usage, cough drops, soup, etc. etc.). Sounds v. similar to what everybody else described - REALLY awful sore throat, sinus stuff, etc. I def. have allergy issues so am thinking despite taking Claritin/Flonase out there, maybe the change in climates when I left just made everything that much worse?? Don't remember this happening last year, but I also didn't remember feeling really crappy by the end of every day last year like I did this year (and we didn't camp and didn't party excessively, etc.). Weird - definitely sounds like the Coachella Flu is for real ...

  3. #33
    Lurker
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Whale's Vagina
    Posts
    7

    Default Re: The Coachella Flu ...fact or fiction?

    I am thinking someone there, maybe one of the water people, which a lot of individuals would have come in contact with, had the common cold because it sounds like a virus not a bacterial infection. I know that I was touching all sorts of people and stuff and then touching my face which is the main way of transferring a virus (not airborne as a lot of people think).

  4. #34
    Member foto_synthesis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    199

    Default Re: The Coachella Flu ...fact or fiction?

    My boyfriend puked by the side of the highway on our way back to Ontario Monday morning. And he only had 2 drinks on sunday. I think his body finally had it with all the crap we were eating/drinking/breathing in.
    I'm starving... let's get some f*ckin french toast!

  5. #35
    Stage Manager captncrzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    TBD
    Posts
    19,590

    Default Re: The Coachella Flu ...fact or fiction?

    Quote Originally Posted by tibu1 View Post
    OMG!! I have that, too! I have it on my legs, arms and torso. I think I'm either allergic to grass, or there was some weird pesticide sprayed. I'm still tired from the weekend, and a little brain-dead. I normally whip out crossword puzzles in nothing flat, but so far, I'm just staring at my paper everyday, wishing I knew the words......
    My digestive system is totally shot. I hope that we don't see some weird break out from some vegetable served there. There's been so much of that going on in California lately.
    Other than that, I'm GREAT!!
    Well at least I know I'm not the only one. I wish it would go away. It's not itchy anymore but it still looks disgusting.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

  6. #36
    Stage Manager captncrzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    TBD
    Posts
    19,590

    Default Re: The Coachella Flu ...fact or fiction?

    Quote Originally Posted by bonesgrrrr View Post
    I am thinking someone there, maybe one of the water people, which a lot of individuals would have come in contact with, had the common cold because it sounds like a virus not a bacterial infection. I know that I was touching all sorts of people and stuff and then touching my face which is the main way of transferring a virus (not airborne as a lot of people think).
    That's totally possible-#1 way of spreading infection is by not washing hands.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

  7. #37
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV, USA
    Posts
    3,500

    Default Re: The Coachella Flu ...fact or fiction?

    I am perfectly fine and never got sick/felt bad/etc.

    Maybe you all should get better immune systems.

    E

  8. #38
    Coachella Junkie SFChrissy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    live in Pacifica Work 'n Play in SF
    Posts
    6,102

    Default Re: The Coachella Flu ...fact or fiction?

    I've been fine until today but that could be from my plane ride...it's time for the a shot of liquid echinacea

  9. #39
    Lurker washingtonpear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Palm Springs
    Posts
    7

    Default Re: The Coachella Flu ...fact or fiction?

    I have a really strong immune system, i am not overly cautious staying safe from germs just for the fact that i wanna keep my immune system fighting germs not protected from them, and i have been to coachella four times, but this year I got really sick saturday afternoon and my only cure was the beat at MSTRKRFT oh and barfing at ARCADE FIRE, which i accounted to something else until monday when i was packing at had zero energy. I have been asleep since i made it home, now it is thursday and i feel like i am under water plugged ears and nose, dizzy when i stand scratchy sore throat even my teeth hurt... i didn't get the rash, but i saw alot of it on people.. hope we all feel better soon and to those that were lucky enough to stay healthy don't gloat cause sometimes even the strongest people get taken down.
    This is really happening

  10. #40
    Member thaipod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Sherman Oaks, CA
    Posts
    214

    Default Re: The Coachella Flu ...fact or fiction?

    Quote Originally Posted by DeltaSigChi4 View Post
    I am perfectly fine and never got sick/felt bad/etc.

    Maybe you all should get better immune systems.

    E
    I picked up a better immune system at Target on the way out there. Didn't get sick, and still feel great. Target really does have everything!


    To be serious, though. Every day at Coa, I had a Claritin and a multi-vitamin. I honestly think it helps a lot. I do feel bad for you guys flying in though. After 3 days in the heat and then going into the freezing cold airport, then a pressurized airplane, that can fuck with you. Try having an Airborne capsule before you get on the plane. That will help.
    Last edited by thaipod; 05-03-2007 at 09:34 AM.
    Hello hippies! I smell patchouli!

  11. #41
    old school leo01g's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    4,310

    Default Re: The Coachella Flu ...fact or fiction?

    I think It was just the dry weather. I felt like i couldnt breath and my chest and throat hurt when ever i coughed.

  12. #42

    Default Re: The Coachella Flu ...fact or fiction?

    Quote Originally Posted by alyssak View Post
    I don't know what the deal is, but I am so fucking sick now :[

    I'm pretty sick too
    I still feel like shit
    How come you didn't tell me you were eating dog food?

  13. #43

    Default Re: The Coachella Flu ...fact or fiction?

    I'm really sick.. my nose has been running NON STOP and my throat has been killing me..

  14. #44
    MENACING Courtney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    15,954

    Default Re: The Coachella Flu ...fact or fiction?

    I have a fairly strong immune system, which I think has something to do with the fact that I used to live near the world's epicenter of communicable disease (Mecca during Hajj). But the combination of Coachella factors caused me to get sick anyway, so this isn't a question of weak immune systems. I think it's probably more of a question of taking care of your body and not over-exerting yourself.

    And as for the allergies, I have no idea. It's definitely not allergies in my case.
    Last edited by Courtney; 05-03-2007 at 09:55 AM.

  15. #45
    Lurker
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Victoria, BC
    Posts
    48

    Default Re: The Coachella Flu ...fact or fiction?

    i woke up really sick on monday. i don't know if it was the dust or what but i feel like crap and still do 4 days later. no booze or anything else to contribute to the sickness either. =/ maybe it's just "that time of year".

  16. #46
    Member judila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Venice, CA
    Posts
    268

    Default Re: The Coachella Flu ...fact or fiction?

    Crazy! I am really sick right now, too. Started with a really bad sore throat on Tuesday and has turned into full-blown sinusitis HELL.

    Perhaps it was terrorists and some sort of germ warfare…
    Yeah, well, luck pushed me first.

  17. #47
    Member tubescape's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    745

    Default Re: The Coachella Flu ...fact or fiction?

    ugh... the rash! got it from my elbows down. probably from lying on the grass. never had an allergic reaction like this to grass. it has mellowed now, but it still sucks. i bet it was from all the herbicides and fertilizers they use to keep the grass green.

  18. #48
    old school MarkO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    I can hear them calling way from Oregon
    Posts
    4,547

    Default Re: The Coachella Flu ...fact or fiction?

    I feel like canned ass and I camped off site for 5 days. Scratchy throat, runny nose and no energy.

  19. #49
    old school fober's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    2,526

    Default Re: The Coachella Flu ...fact or fiction?

    I don't know if it actually works:

    http://www.airbornehealth.com/

    but I've never had a problem in 7 years.
    ▓░░░░▓░░▓▓▓░▓▓▓░▓▓▓
    ▓░░░▓░▓░▓░░░▓▓░░▓░▓
    ▓░░░▓▓▓░▓░▓░▓░░░▓▓░
    ▓▓▓░▓░▓░▓▓▓░▓▓▓░▓░▓
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ▓░░░░▓░░▓▓▓░▓▓▓░▓▓▓
    ▓░░░▓░▓░▓░░░▓▓░░▓░▓
    ▓░░░▓▓▓░▓░▓░▓░░░▓▓░
    ▓▓▓░▓░▓░▓▓▓░▓▓▓░▓░▓
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ▓░░░░▓░░▓▓▓░▓▓▓░▓▓▓
    ▓░░░▓░▓░▓░░░▓▓░░▓░▓
    ▓░░░▓▓▓░▓░▓░▓░░░▓▓░
    ▓▓▓░▓░▓░▓▓▓░▓▓▓░▓░▓


  20. #50
    MENACING Courtney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    15,954

    Default Re: The Coachella Flu ...fact or fiction?

    Placebo effect, I assume. But hey, if it works don't knock it.

  21. #51

    Default Re: The Coachella Flu ...fact or fiction?

    I'm back in Scotland and feeling like s hite. Worth it though.

  22. #52
    Gummi bear sultan miscorrections's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Citty upon a Hille
    Posts
    15,979

    Default Re: The Coachella Flu ...fact or fiction?

    what's wrong with you all? the only problem i had was my nose was plugged up in the mornings with dust but no lasting damage.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    Has anyone gone on a date with a sandwich recently? What base did you get to? Ham?

  23. #53
    Member Basskitten85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Through the looking glass
    Posts
    254

    Default Re: The Coachella Flu ...fact or fiction?

    All that dust is known to casue even the most healthiest people breathing and respiratory problems and lots of disconfort. Hang in there. Have some hot tea or if you have access to an inhaler use that.

  24. #54
    Milkshake suprefan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Burbank CA
    Posts
    43,940

    Default Re: The Coachella Flu ...fact or fiction?

    I barely have an audible voice. I took claritan before I walked into the venue each day and it helped. But now I am just dragging. My ears are bugging me and I kind of have a headache but thats it. Hopefully I get over it by the end of the weekend since I am off.

  25. #55
    Member thaipod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Sherman Oaks, CA
    Posts
    214

    Default Re: The Coachella Flu ...fact or fiction?

    Quote Originally Posted by Courtney View Post
    Placebo effect, I assume. But hey, if it works don't knock it.
    it's not a placebo because it's not a drug. It's a mega-multi-vitamin. It certainly does the trick.
    Hello hippies! I smell patchouli!

  26. #56

    Default Re: The Coachella Flu ...fact or fiction?

    All these allergies are due to a hyperactive immune system, not a weak one. So, it's not that.

    Anyway...I'm in the same boat. First year I went out there, I basically got no sleep on Thurs and Fri nights, and then 4 hours on Saturday night. So, I spent half of my time at Coachella laying on the ground in a stupor...took a couple of naps. And by 6 PM Sunday I could hardly breathe and I had to leave. First time I'd ever really had a problem like that.

    Since then, I've brought an inhaler every year, and I refuse to let myself sit on the ground for even a second...and I've been okay. Have to use the inhaler from time to time...especially when the air is hot and still and filled with smoke...but I've avoided anything resembling a crisis.

    By the way, turns out I'm allergic to horses, which I found out while riding one in Mongolia.

    But I've never been sick afterwards...I get progressively worse while I'm there, but I'm pretty much fine by Monday. Don't know what's going on with y'all.

    For what it's worth, I highly recommend you stay off the grass from now on. Air's much clearer six feet up.

  27. #57
    Gummi bear sultan miscorrections's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Citty upon a Hille
    Posts
    15,979

    Default Re: The Coachella Flu ...fact or fiction?

    Quote Originally Posted by thaipod View Post
    it's not a placebo because it's not a drug. It's a mega-multi-vitamin. It certainly does the trick.
    i hope you know that when you take multi-vitamins only a tiny tiny bit actually absorbs. it doesn't matter how concentrated the vitamin is, you'll still only get a very slight intake.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    Has anyone gone on a date with a sandwich recently? What base did you get to? Ham?

  28. #58

    Default Re: The Coachella Flu ...fact or fiction?

    Myself and my roomate are pretty laid out as well. Sore throats, bad coughs, run down. At east it happened afterwards.

  29. #59
    Bambi menikmati's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    North Hollywood, CA
    Posts
    14,988

    Default Re: The Coachella Flu ...fact or fiction?

    i have a cold now actually

  30. #60
    Coachella Junkie algunz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Rustin' in Tustin
    Posts
    20,900

    Default Re: The Coachella Flu ...fact or fiction?

    "I have the measles and the mumps,
    A gash, a rash and purple bumps.
    My mouth is wet, my throat is dry,
    I'm going blind in my right eye.
    My tonsils are as big as rocks,
    I've counted sixteen chicken pox
    And there's one more - that's seventeen,
    And don't you think my face looks green?
    My leg is cut, my eyes are blue -
    It might be instamatic flu.
    I cough and sneeze and gasp and choke,
    I'm sure that my left leg is broke -
    My hip hurts when I move my chin,
    My belly button's caving in,
    My back is wrenched, my ankle's sprained,
    My 'pendix pains each time it rains.
    My nose is cold, my toes are numb,
    I have a sliver in my thumb.
    My neck is stiff, my voice is weak,
    I hardly whisper when I speak.
    My tongue is filling up my mouth,
    I think my hair is falling out.
    My elbow's bent, my spine ain't straight,
    My temperature is one-o-eight.
    My brain is shrunk, I cannot hear,
    There is a hole inside my ear.
    I have a hangnail, and my heart is - what?
    What's that? What's that you say?
    You say today is . . . Saturday?
    G'bye, I'm going out to play!"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •