Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: The Coachella Flu ...fact or fiction?

Lurker

Exclamation The Coachella Flu ...fact or fiction?

I think there is some sort of pesticide or maybe it the grass itself, but everyone I have talked to that went this year or past years says that after and during Coachella their lungs feel like crap. Maybe it is all the smoke from the cigarettes, agricultural pollution, etc, but I doubt it. Could anybody confirm my suspicions?

Another thought...I am not a germaphobe, but could you imagine the potential to spread diseases that Coachella has? I saw some really sick people that were jumping up and down right next to me and some guy that looked like he had small poxes.

Coachellacitous

Default Re: The Coachella Flu ...fact or fiction?

I say it's the dust.
    At some point in time a man switches from "I'll have what he's having" to "I'll have what I'm having."

Behind the Redwood Curtain, Lost Coast Northern California

It's good to get out sometimes and spread the sickness.
    This forest is growing faster than I can tell.

I was fine last year, this year my lungs, nose, and throat are still killing me. I think it was the dust/dirt. I come from an agricultural area, I think I am immune to its pollution. Who else is sick?
    "my ovaries are bigger than your testicles"

"Procrastination is like masturbation...It feels good until you realize you're screwing yourself"

Lurker

Maybe it was horsey poop in dust form, it is a polo field.

I wonder why they didn't do anything to control the dust situation at camp. Seriously, at night you couldn't even see because there was so much dust in the air. I thought Coachella had to be at that hellish time of year because of the grass. Well, all that grass was dead, and the dust was killer. Infinitely worse than in the previous years.

I'm very sick right now. My sinuses and chest feel like they're going to die any minute. I can't swallow without wincing in agony, and when I cough, it's so painful and long that I usually barf. This morning I coughed up fresh blood. Yum.

I don't know what the deal is, but I am so fucking sick now :[

I'm sick right now too.. and my sinus's were all fucked up at coachella, but they have got messed up other years.. but I think this was the worst.. probably because of it being an extra day, and the grass being completely dead by the third day, which created more dust.

OUTKAST 2014
    it's finally happening

Röyksopp, FC Kahuna, Télépopmusik, The Knife, RJD2, Futue Sound of London, The Avalanches, 808 State, Zero 7, Tycho, Mr. Scruff

me too, the very first time in five years of attending this festival! seriously guys, here's hoping we all get better soon.

Yeah, I'm sick-ish with a sore throat too. I assumed it was from a combination of lack of sleep, too much substance use, second-hand smoke, and lots of screaming.

It didn't hit me or my boyfriend until yesterday afternoon. We're both dying here.

What are people taking medicine-wise?

Quote Originally Posted by NoneForMeThanks View Post
    It didn't hit me or my boyfriend until yesterday afternoon. We're both dying here.

What are people taking medicine-wise?

mucinex - break up shit in lungs
    saline spray - clear up nose
    nyquil - sleep
    airborne - boost my immune system
    tea with honey to calm my throat
    "my ovaries are bigger than your testicles"

"Procrastination is like masturbation...It feels good until you realize you're screwing yourself"

lowfront

sore throat here

I'm very sick. I had to call in sick and stayed in bed. Extremely sore throat, fever, muscle pain, cough etc.
    Camping in the desert (dust, heat), lack of sleep and then freezing cold airports/planes add up.

The desert here is notorious for allergies. The dust & dried grass & straw just added to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

I feel ok, but I have a weird rash all over my arms and feet. The grass, perhaps?
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    I feel ok, but I have a weird rash all over my arms and feet. The grass, perhaps?
    OMG!! I have that, too! I have it on my legs, arms and torso. I think I'm either allergic to grass, or there was some weird pesticide sprayed. I'm still tired from the weekend, and a little brain-dead. I normally whip out crossword puzzles in nothing flat, but so far, I'm just staring at my paper everyday, wishing I knew the words......
    My digestive system is totally shot. I hope that we don't see some weird break out from some vegetable served there. There's been so much of that going on in California lately.
    Other than that, I'm GREAT!!

Completely fucked up my camping experience. I was fine at the festival field, but as soon as I got to the campground, my body went into full defense mode.

I couldn't speak, see, breathe, swallow, or move without agonizing symptoms, all of which were described above. One of the things I looked most forward to about camping (if not THE most forward) was the guaranteed random interactions with other campers.

However, cooping up in the shut tent, wrapping 2 wet bandanas around my nose and mouth, hiding inside a shell fashioned from a comforter, and trying to keep my eyes shut as tight as possible while wearing earplugs to avoid all the SHIT my body was violently rejecting isn't my idea of socializing.

I thought I was the only one that had it that bad. I know it sounds selfish, but this thread makes me feel a little better... just to know I wasn't alone.

So sooo empathetic to those of you with the same problems.

I feel fine, as do the 5 people i came with. I didn't camp, if that makes a difference?
    Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    well, for all intensive porpoises it is, will sell out within seconds tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by korbinn View Post
    It's jsut dawned on me that I'm overly confident and a extremely ocd perfectionist.
    Quote Originally Posted by kroqken View Post
    I don't give a flying fuck about the Kardashians, I doubt they know who Belle and Sebastian are.

I was slightly weezing and coughing by the end of the first day - and each day it got progressivly worse. But, it was never horrible. However, I'm now coming down with a cold. I'm making friends with Airborn.

i have a rash on my knee area and my throat is KILLING ME!

Last edited by barrett90; 08-21-2008 at 02:54 AM.

lowfront

My throat keeps on getting worse and worse

Today is sick day number 2 for me

My allergies were KILLING me @Coachella but I took sudafed/clariton/benadryl. It wasn't until after I got off work on Tuesday that I began to feel like complete shit. Yesterday, forget about it! I was in bed all day with a sore throat/body ache/fever/chill thing going on.

Think it was the dust and lack of recovery time...

I was reading that sex is a natural antihistamine, so I've been doing that as much as possible, but my nose is still stuffed/running : (

Saturday was bad. I took 2 Claritons and all was well. Strong as a fat horse right now.
    Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.

Anyone else notice that the insides of their nostrils had become lined with a substance of pitch blackness over the course of the weekend? Maybe just a campsite thing?

And no, it had nothing to do with heroin. Naturally, that fell through--fucking junkies.
    Quote Originally Posted by schoolofruckus View Post
    Look, your parenting is yours and Randy's business alone.
    Fans of TheLastGreatMan Accessory Shop

You are all just weak! Nah i kinda felt like shit myself, had to have been all the acid in the minute maid lemonaids i went through

Prolly allergic to RATM
    Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

Quote Originally Posted by sonofhal View Post
    I feel fine, as do the 5 people i came with. I didn't camp, if that makes a difference?
    I didn't exactly "camp" either. I slept in my vehicle on the grounds.