Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: undercover cops at a festival... come on

Thumbs down undercover cops at a festival... come on

fgh
    Last edited by kelliku92; 05-02-2007 at 02:12 PM.

Banned

Default Re: undercover cops at a festival... come on

Shut the fuck up.

Quote Originally Posted by J~$$$ View Post
    Shut the fuck up.
    no im sorry but i am not! they arrested so many people, and the festival supports it

what happened to a concert without cops

Banned

get in your fucking uniforms you weasels...
    looking to purchase:big brother skateboarding magazine back issues. travis bean tb1000s electric guitars.

Woah, I didn't know there were under cover cops at Coachella! That's really low for a music festival.

Quote Originally Posted by clarky123 View Post
    Fuck your formal education up for music and stop being a coward.
    Quote Originally Posted by braundiggity View Post
    I dunno. Lots of the arguments seem hypocritical to me. Can't we leave it simply as: I loved the shit out of it, some hated the shit out of it, and that's just how some shows go?
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/musicislife/

Karma Police are coming for you

Headwear Fo Ya Backside chrislasf's Avatar

You people are truly fucktarded. Who whines about undercover police officers? Seriously. If someone killed your Mom and an undercover sting was necessary to catch the person youd be gluing the fucking mustache on for them. Here's a hint - dont do illegal shit and you dont have anything to worry about. Worried about buying drugs from a narc? Bring your fucking own. Worried about getting caught with them at the gate? Stick them farther up your ass. Just make sure you crane your neck a bit so youre not stuffing them in your ear.
    I like it. It's not my favorite shit in the world, but it's a smart, funny show.

P.S. I'm gay

Quote Originally Posted by chrislasf View Post
    You people are truly fucktarded. Who whines about undercover police officers? Seriously. If someone killed your Mom and an undercover sting was necessary to catch the person youd be gluing the fucking mustache on for them. Here's a hint - dont do illegal shit and you dont have anything to worry about. Worried about buying drugs from a narc? Bring your fucking own. Worried about getting caught with them at the gate? Stick them farther up your ass. Just make sure you crane your neck a bit so youre not stuffing them in your ear.
    there is a verryyy big difference between undercover officers for a MURDER CASE and undercover cops to bust kids having a good time at a festival

draw some better analogies

Principle, hoss. You are down with undercover cops as long as they arent going after shit you are guilty of. I could really care less, but having CBP time about undercover cops busting people is lame.
    I like it. It's not my favorite shit in the world, but it's a smart, funny show.

P.S. I'm gay

Why be so naive? It doesn't suit you well.
    Hunting has been part of our society since the first Europeans came over and shot buffalo and Native Americans and whatnot.
    ---
    The Dive Poets

i am sorry for those of you who think you are better than me bc u didnt get caught

maybe you are better than me, i honestly dont know, but im sure if you met me you wouldnt be saying half of the shit ur saying now. people make mistakes...

all i want to do is make sure that people are aware of the consequences of their seemingly harmless concert activities... smoking a joint at coachella could fuck ur future up.

but i saw some damned decent kids in the indio jail that night. kids who got caught standing next to people smoking a joint and booked on conspiracy. that is just not right to me.

Here's a hint - dont do illegal shit and you dont have anything to worry about.
    Don't you think this is kind of a ridiculous suggestion?
    Quote Originally Posted by york707 View Post
    I can't tell a british accent from a gay accent.

Worried about buying drugs from a narc? Bring your fucking own. Worried about getting caught with them at the gate? Stick them farther up your ass. Just make sure you crane your neck a bit so youre not stuffing them in your ear.
    Its not always about buying or sneaking... sometimes its about USING the product. If an undercover sees me smoking a simple joint to myself it would suck because i'd be keeping an eye out for a suited police officer, not a cute girl to hide from that looks like the typical concert goer

Don't you think this is kind of a ridiculous suggestion?
    Suggesting that one doesnt do anything illegal if they dont want to be caught by police officers who dont happen to be wearing big shiny stars is ridiculous? Explain.

P.S. I'm gay

Quote Originally Posted by kelliku92 View Post
    i am sorry for those of you who think you are better than me bc u didnt get caught

maybe you are better than me, i honestly dont know, but im sure if you met me you wouldnt be saying half of the shit ur saying now. people make mistakes...

all i want to do is make sure that people are aware of the consequences of their seemingly harmless concert activities... smoking a joint at coachella could fuck ur future up.

but i saw some damned decent kids in the indio jail that night. kids who got caught standing next to people smoking a joint and booked on conspiracy. that is just not right to me.

That really is sad and shouldnt happen, rules are rules but sometimes they shouldnt be taken too far as in this case

elitist
    Quote Originally Posted by chairmenmeow47 View Post
    i fucking hate women with their lives together who try and help other people. where are the needy bitches at?!

Quote Originally Posted by wisconsinboozer View Post
    Its not always about buying or sneaking... sometimes its about USING the product. If an undercover sees me smoking a simple joint to myself it would suck because i'd be keeping an eye out for a suited police officer, not a cute girl to hide from that looks like the typical concert goer

this is exactly my point, people need to be aware that they bussed tons of kids out of the concert who were first time offenders

and they had very attractive females, and males for that matter, all over the place.
    we dont need that, we just need some uniforms to make sure that nobody gets hurt.

if they put half that manpower towards actual big fish drug dealers, maybe there wouldnt be such a big problem with these drugs

Quote Originally Posted by wisconsinboozer View Post
    That really is sad and shouldnt happen, rules are rules but sometimes they shouldnt be taken too far as in this case
    exactly, it should be a cite and release ticket, but instead they're being booked and thrown into jail with bails past 5 digits... the redneck cops out in indio are taking this too damned far

you cant trust anyone at the festival anymore, and it ruins the atmosphere, you cant just talk to people and make friends, because they might be out to bust you

it creates paranoia when a festival should create community...

I had no idea you were arrested when I made that comment, but I stand by it. It doesn't take many brain cells to know that if you choose to do something illegal, there's a chance you can get arrested. It's the benefit cost analysis you go through (whether you realize it or not) before you chose to do it.

all i want to do is make sure that people are aware of the consequences of their seemingly harmless concert activities...
    WHO DOESN'T KNOW THESE CONSEQUECES?
    Hunting has been part of our society since the first Europeans came over and shot buffalo and Native Americans and whatnot.
    ---
    The Dive Poets

lowfront

I'm sorry but when I smoke pot I never ever have and never will think

"Hey I could get arrested for this"

i dont think im better than you. i just disagree with your stance.

and i take pleasure in name calling.

it sounds like your beef is with the law and not undercover police. are you cool with uniformed police throwing your ass in jail?

i would like to see some evidence of this.

youre kidding, right?

elitist
    dont fucking start with me

this is exactly my point, people need to be aware that they bussed tons of kids out of the concert who were first time offenders
    i do not need to be made aware of this

and they had very attractive females, and males for that matter, all over the place.
    yes, we need uglier undercover cops.

you cant trust anyone at the festival anymore, and it ruins the atmosphere, you cant just talk to people and make friends, because they might be out to bust you

it creates paranoia when a festival should create community...
    sounds like you got your hands on some bad weed, cheech. i thought the festival atmosphere was perfect.

P.S. I'm gay

Except that you could. Because that's the law.

Quote Originally Posted by lowfront View Post

If you know it's illegal, then you do make that calculation, even if you don't realize it.
    ---
    The Dive Poets

Suggesting that one doesnt do anything illegal if they dont want to be caught by police officers who dont happen to be wearing big shiny stars is ridiculous? Explain.
    If someone disagrees with the enforcement of a law, their method of recourse is not to just not do it. If this guy or the kids he is talking about got arrested for smoking pot at a concert by an undercover cop, that is ridiculous. There are laws that are unjust and there are law enforcement officers that are unfair. Saying "don't do anything illegal if you don't want to get arrested" is kind of like saying "lock the door when you poop if you don't want me to walk in and watch you shit." Especially when the law being broken is "Don't smoke pot" and you are doing it at a concert where probably 30% or more fo the people there are smoking pot, and out in the open.
    Quote Originally Posted by york707 View Post
    I can't tell a british accent from a gay accent.

ahahahaa

I love undercover cops at Coachella with their pulled-up white socks and khaki shorts. It's almost as much fun as playing find-the-air-marshal when you fly.

Lurker

Yeah, the amount of rules at this festival was just ridiculous. They wouldn't even let me bring in a freakin apple or orange! I didn't see any fresh fruit inside so I thought I'd bring my own. Ugh, sooo lame.

Stupid rules like this make me want to leave back to EU. There, I went to a festival and the only rule was: no glass bottles or caps on drinks! You simply poured your drink into a plastic cup and thats it, go have fun.

Jamm all night, all day, everyone was chill and cool. No worries and this festival was a week long!

Undercover cops? That's just so low. *shakes head*

Quote Originally Posted by psychedelic_Ed View Post
    Yeah, the amount of rules at this festival was just ridiculous. They wouldn't even let me bring in a freakin apple or orange! I didn't see any fresh fruit inside so I thought I'd bring my own. Ugh, sooo lame.

Stupid rules like this make me want to leave back to EU. There, I went to a festival and the only rule was: no glass bottles or caps on drinks! You simply poured your drink into a plastic cup and thats it, go have fun.

Jamm all night, all day, everyone was chill and cool. No worries and this festival was a week long!

Undercover cops? That's just so low. *shakes head*
    what festival is this? sounds like fun
    Then I will hold you down and spit her percolations all over you until you're as greasy as the day she regrets pushing your big fat ass out her big fat cunt.

I don't know, it just seems like a violation of common sense to assume that cops, undercover or otherwise, would be absent from a mass gathering comprised mainly of people between the ages of 18-40.

And to address Cody, I think what Chris is getting at is that it's a predictable situation that can be avoided. If you go to a house where there's a known bathroom-walker-in, you behave accordingly if you don't want to get walked in on. At a festival, especially in the US, I feel that it's understood that undercover cops will be present. And so I'd lock the door, f'I were you.

If someone disagrees with the enforcement of a law, their method of recourse is not to just not do it. If this guy or the kids he is talking about got arrested for smoking pot at a concert by an undercover cop, that is ridiculous. There are laws that are unjust and there are law enforcement officers that are unfair. Saying "don't do anything illegal if you don't want to get arrested" is kind of like saying "lock the door when you poop if you don't want me to walk in and watch you shit." Especially when the law being broken is "Don't smoke pot" and you are doing it at a concert where probably 30% or more fo the people there are smoking pot, and out in the open.
    Is it ridiculous if it is a uniformed cop? Is your beef with the fact that pot is illegal or that undercover cops are doing the busting? This whole argument started because I said it was lame to whine about undercover cops busting you for doing something illegal. It's like if I hire a hitman to kill my wife and it turns out to be a cop I am not coming to the message board to say how unfair it is. Which youll in turn respond by saying killing someone isnt the same as smoking weed. And thats where I say that your beef is with the law then, not the undercover cops.

Coachella is a commercial public festival. It is not your house. It is not your fucking property. Indio ALLOWS Goldenvoice to have the festival there. If they want to bust some ass, they can. Do I think that a five figure bail for smoking weed is fair? Not necessarily but to have Johnson & Johnson No Tears time about cops who arent wearing big signs identifying themselves is silly.

P.S. I'm gay