Thread: I wanna thank everyone.

Default I wanna thank everyone.

A lot of people will give something the title of "Best Ever" and usually after a little while they'll remember some other event and start to reconsider. With that in mind, I think I can truthfully say that this was the best weekend of my life. It didn't even have anything to do with the music (although, 7 of the 10 best performances I've ever seen were this weekend).

I met tooooons of new people from all over the world at Coachella and not one of them was a jackass. This really is special and a beautiful thing. Anytime you get 60,000 people in the desert heat, the level of irritability tends to be high, but the entire weekend with was nothing but friendliness and everyone getting along. When I was reading this message board before the festival, I saw tons of complaining about the lineup and so forth and was a little skeptical on the crowd. But on the plane ride in, I thought "those people make up a small percentage of the message board crowd which is an even smaller percentage of the Coachella crowd". That couldn't be more true. Everyone was wonderful. I loved walking around in my Winnipeg Jets jersey and talking to everyone in the campground about hockey. I loved standing beside a total stranger during a set and having a 20 minute discussion about music. I loved hearing people's stories from other festivals.

So overall, yes thank you to the Coachella organizers for throwing an amazing festival. But more importantly, THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR REASSURING ME THAT THERE ARE TRULY GOOD PEOPLE OUT THERE. Sometimes that is too easy to forget.

Default Re: I wanna thank everyone.

Amen, girlfriend!! Sometimes it's just easier to vent about the bad stuff on the boards. But, you have tapped into exactly what Coachella is all about. Good people, great music, and being surrounded by creativity and energy. Yes, you'll find a dipshit in any mass of people, but thankfully - even with Rage - the ratio is much more reasonable compared to other crowds.

Quote Originally Posted by algunz View Post
    Amen, girlfriend!! Sometimes it's just easier to vent about the bad stuff on the boards. But, you have tapped into exactly what Coachella is all about. Good people, great music, and being surrounded by creativity and energy. Yes, you'll find a dipshit in any mass of people, but thankfully - even with Rage - the ratio is much more reasonable compared to other crowds.
    I'm a dude, but I'll let it slide this time

I also thought I'd add that I will be going down next year, for sure. I don't care who's playing, I'm there.

I was wandering around in the camping parking lot looking for my car. I couldn't find it and didn't want to drag my bags back to my tent to get help. So I set them down in the middle of nowhere. They were there thirty minutes later when I returned.
    At some point in time a man switches from "I'll have what he's having" to "I'll have what I'm having."

Gummi bear sultan miscorrections's Avatar

the people were beyond friendly. everyone was so damn nice!
    and i agree, i'm there for sure next year no matter what the lineup.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    Has anyone gone on a date with a sandwich recently? What base did you get to? Ham?

I like to think of all ya all as "girlfriends."

also the best weekend of my life. Except when somebody trashed our campsite on sunday

Thumbs up Re: I wanna thank everyone.

yeah this was the BEST coachella ever for me... i really think it improves every year... the water recycling idea was great! the lockers were a great idea as well (i did not get one this year i wanted to see how it went but plan on it next year)... the lines were AWESOME @ the gates, by far the fastest and shortest lines i ever experienced at the gates of coachella... great job whomever
    "conversation is a game of circles and i'm getting dizzy-- bye"

I felt like i was in Canada the people where so nice.... wicked times.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmycrackcorn View Post
    yeah this was the BEST coachella ever for me... i really think it improves every year... the water recycling idea was great! the lockers were a great idea as well (i did not get one this year i wanted to see how it went but plan on it next year)... the lines were AWESOME @ the gates, by far the fastest and shortest lines i ever experienced at the gates of coachella... great job whomever
    It was pretty long the coming in from the campground and getting back after the fest the first day, but they really got it together for the next two nights. I only had to wait maybe 5 minutes on Saturday and went right to the front on Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by algunz View Post
    I like to think of all ya all as "girlfriends."
    are there pillow fights involved?

Id have to agree with the "This was the best weekend of my life" statement. I met so many random cool people from all over the world, saw so many good bands, and just had a ball. I will be attending next year with bells on.
    "The older you get, the more rules they are going to try and get you to follow. You just gotta keep on livin', man. L-I-V-I-N."

http://www.myspace.com/andresanchosanchez

Quote Originally Posted by dontfeedthebird View Post
    I was wandering around in the camping parking lot looking for my car. I couldn't find it and didn't want to drag my bags back to my tent to get help. So I set them down in the middle of nowhere. They were there thirty minutes later when I returned.
    I was kickin' it outside the Sahara, by the back fence near the beer garden, and left my camera on the ground.. When I came back 20 minutes later in a frantic, it hadn't moved an inch..

Awesome..

Disclosure - October 12 - Reno, NV.
    Treasure Island Music Festival - October 19 - San Francisco, CA.
    Portugal, The Man - October 22 - Reno, NV.
    Cut Copy - October 31 - Reno, NV.
    Phoenix w/ Alt-J - December 5 - Reno, NV.

COACHELLA '07, '08, '09, '11, '13

Yeah everyone I met was awesome!

Coachella is the best weekend of my life every year!!! Thank you Goldenvoice and Coachella Attendees!!!

Fortunately, we live within walking distance to COACHELLA...There's all that damn traffic...More people than the city actually even has...More than our streets can really handle...And, the noise coming from the venue? Oh my God! Or, how 'bout the fact that locals can't get anywhere, thanks to all those people? READY FOR THIS??? Once a year, Pete n' I get to spend 2-3 days with people from around the world that we would never have an opportunity to passby, or meet otherwise...People who enjoy the music, the sounds, the COACHELLA lifestyle... People who are all there for the same thing...A Good Time, the Music, and making new aquaintances...And, it happens every year...Then, COACHELLA ends...Everyone goes away...And, we're left with the best memories until the next year..Not a bad deal at all for what inconveniences our lil' desert city has to deal with...To each and every one of you...Thank You for those memories! We'll see you next year! Pete (Suffacated) and Beverly (BROKENDOLL)
    Quote Originally Posted by SFChrissy View Post
    Coachella is the best weekend of my life every year!!! Thank you Goldenvoice and Coachella Attendees!!!

fuck yeah. it was my first time at coachella and despite the cost, it was the best weekend of my life and i'm completely hooked. i'll be back, again and again and again...

Quote Originally Posted by gmoneyak View Post
    I was kickin' it outside the Sahara, by the back fence near the beer garden, and left my camera on the ground.. When I came back 20 minutes later in a frantic, it hadn't moved an inch..

Awesome..
    its too damn hot too steal...

2007 was best Coachella yet.

I can feel the love

see you all next year
    Pragmatists Unite!
    (If that works for you)

I got a little misty reading this.

Coachella is a gift. I adore it. I've been to every day of the past seven.
    I would buy tkts to the next seven if they sold it.
    I might even start going to Stagecoach based on the messageboard reviews there. I'll get a cowboy hat.

To the guy from the Peg who started this thread - I hope one of your top seven best shows was Justice.

amen!! i met some absolutely amazing people at coachella.. being away from coachella has been quite depressing. i miss everyone so much! i didn't meet a single person that wasn't completely awesome. i met so many people from so many different countries, backgrounds, etc.. yet, we all seemed to immediately be friends and have so much in common.

anyone up for starting a coachella nation? hehe.. we should all pitch in and buy our own island and live there happily all year.
    carpe diem.

Coachella is the greatest thing to happen to me all year, every year, and I totally agree that every year I meet the nicest people, and I can't wait till next year to get back to the place I feel more at home at then anywere else in the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastgreatman View Post
    tomato soup looks and tastes like vegetable menstruation.

Quote Originally Posted by BROKENDOLL View Post
    Fortunately, we live within walking distance to COACHELLA...There's all that damn traffic...More people than the city actually even has...More than our streets can really handle...And, the noise coming from the venue? Oh my God! Or, how 'bout the fact that locals can't get anywhere, thanks to all those people? READY FOR THIS??? Once a year, Pete n' I get to spend 2-3 days with people from around the world that we would never have an opportunity to passby, or meet otherwise...People who enjoy the music, the sounds, the COACHELLA lifestyle... People who are all there for the same thing...A Good Time, the Music, and making new aquaintances...And, it happens every year...Then, COACHELLA ends...Everyone goes away...And, we're left with the best memories until the next year..Not a bad deal at all for what inconveniences our lil' desert city has to deal with...To each and every one of you...Thank You for those memories! We'll see you next year! Pete (Suffacated) and Beverly (BROKENDOLL)

Thanks for inviting all of us to your little town! This was an amazing experience I hope to repeat every year. Thanks to everyone involved with this. I heard they shut down this board.

I couldn't agree with you guys more. I mean, the first morning there my girlfriend and I exchanged travel horror stories with another couple over breakfast. Turns out they'd just flown in from England the day before and the guy was a Manchester Utd. supporter, who happened to be playing my team, Everton (whose jersey I just happened to be wearing), the next day. We had fun talking trash over breakfast burritos and egg sandwiches. Right away I knew that if even a fraction of the people I was going to meet turned out to be that nice I was going to have a great time. As luck would have it, it wasn't a fraction, but the overwhelming majority.

Much love!

lineup is secondary- people r fun!
    coachella vet: 02, 03, 06, 07, 08, 09......
    http://mrgwillgo.blogspot.com/

I want to thank PF in particular... for all the sweet, sweet lovin'.

Also, let's not start sucking each other's cocks quite yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by schoolofruckus View Post
    Look, your parenting is yours and Randy's business alone.
    Fans of TheLastGreatMan Accessory Shop

This year was my first Coachella and, essentially, it reaffirmed my faith in music being the one thing in life that I can count on, as well as the one thing I ought to strive to create.

I witnessed so many great acts, saw so many random entertaining things not only around the campsite but on the festival grounds themselves, and ran into a half-dozen people on this board, the majority of whom sought me out rather than the other way around.

The people. The location. The music. It makes it more than worth it, it makes the event damn near perfect, and as such I'd like to thank all the Goldenvoice employees (especially Dani) for putting on such a good show and having to deal with more shit from customers and acts alike that I, myself, probably would never be able to contend with. Also, I'd like to thank the members of this board without whom I may never have discovered the... 25 or so acts I would have been clueless about had I gone to the festival without ever checking them out.

I mean, hell, it's now my dream to one day play Coachella as one of the acts, if that's any indication of how the festival's changed my life.

So thanks, really, for the experience, and see you in 08'!
    Upcoming Shows:
    * Dillon Francis + Anamanaguchi -- December 28th

Going to Weekend 1 of Coachella 2014

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Cara. Don't judge a man for not being able to formulate a coherent thought. On an internet forum of all places.

Judgy McMarco TeamCoachellaHellYeah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SFChrissy View Post
    Ditto here...
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Reviewers who note the size of the crowd are dumb fucks.
    COACHELLA's: 2001. 2002. 2003. 2004. 2005. 2006. 2007. 2008. 2009. 2010. 2011. 2012. 2013. 2014. 2015.

Smile Re: I wanna thank everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by imrad View Post
    fuck yeah. it was my first time at coachella and despite the cost, it was the best weekend of my life and i'm completely hooked. i'll be back, again and again and again...

agreed

well what can i say that hasnt already been said. last year was my first Coachella experience and it had a big impact on me. not just the music, but the people and the environment. and this year was even better then before. the music was amazing ofcourse but the other individuals that attend the festival made the experience even better. see you all there next year.

Oh man I met so many people. I still talk to the Canadians we walked with from the In and Out burger. WORST WALK EVER. Take a fucking cab. We camped with them all weekend. And shared a cab back to Palm Springs where our cab driver was falling asleep. MEMORIES!
    :;:;:;:;

I've been trying to get a feeling from the city, but I've been unfaithful--I've been traveling abroad.