Thread: Arcade Fire!

Banned

Default Re: Arcade Fire!

Can someone IP-ban HEADSTRUCK?

Thanks in advance.

E

Quote Originally Posted by saxomophone View Post
    Umm, they finished ALL their songs. And ALL the songs were amazing. You sir, don't know what you're talking about.

No, he thinks of annoying Arcade Fire fans as a temp job until he gets a real one...don't mind him, he wears Che Guevara shirts and camo shorts, and Delta...I have tried everything to get rid of him.
    Quote Originally Posted by superfan View Post
    And I have a dick for you to eat if youre hungry still.

Banned

Have you tried killing him?

E

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaSigChi4 View Post
    Have you tried killing him?

E
    hmmmmmm...

Arcade Fire's set was my favorite of the weekend and is probably only second to last year's Daft Punk show. I'm not one for singing along to songs (at least not outside of the relative comfort of my house or car when I'm alone) but damn it, I couldn't help joining in to "Laika" and "No Cars Go" and "Tunnels," et al. My favorite song was "Ocean of Noise," and the way Win's sweaty hair was affixed to his face as he played the organ and sang so passionately made me wonder how they don't have the #1 album in the world right now. It's just such an exciting time to be a fan of theirs, right as we're on the cusp of them potentially becoming the biggest band in the world. Maybe their sales don't reflect that, but their talent and showmanship certainly suggest as much. Oh yeah, was it during "Power Out" that that one guy went crazy and destroyed that drum? That was an intensity not matched by anything Rage put forth. Arcade Fire were the highlight of the weekend, hands down.
    Quote Originally Posted by stinkbutt View Post
    It's like finding out an old high school buddy is on meth, and you're not sure if any of the rumors of him giving handies behind Burger King are true but they very likely could be.

The drum destroying happened during Laika, I'm pretty sure you can see it in the youtube video of the song, which is a great video anyway.

I was in the front but everyone was being fucking brutal and I had to get out. Hahahahaha I was like grabbing onto this boy and I said "If I fucking fall, you falling with me too!" I didn't even know him. Yeah so I crowd surfed out and I had to watch from the back, sort of a disappointment, but what else could I have done?

Oh god I know, I somehow got the front rail and held on for dear life. It was crazy seeing all of the people getting pulled out and the state they were in.

Fake Plastic and Hello, what side of the front were each of you on right or left?

Did anyone else catch the mess up in Rebellion? I think they sang the first verse twice? Win got back to the stage after going into the crowd just as the second verse started again. I think he went back into the first verse. Half of the band caught it I think, but the violins missed it and started with the backup vocals they do for the second verse, at which point the rest of the band just went with it. I'll check youtube to be sure, did anyone else notice this?

Quote Originally Posted by ThomThom View Post
    Fake Plastic and Hello, what side of the front were each of you on right or left?
    I was on the far right side....in front of speakers between the band and the first aid tent (where many ended up). I just noticed I have this HUGE bruise on my underarm from clinging for life on the rail. Some of my friends thought they saw me on the jumbotron, I was wearing a black/white striped tube dress.

Their set was one of my favorites of the weekend, too. Their set was a lot of fun, and they can rock out the xylophone and accordion like no other. Their music puts a smile in my soul.
    Hello hippies! I smell patchouli!

"come on Alex!"
    I'm a reasonable man, get off my case.

great show, good setlist.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaSigChi4 View Post
    Can someone IP-ban HEADSTRUCK?

Thanks in advance.

E
    god u did work for bush didnt you, someone thinks another way then u do and u shun them. it is ok to attack rage fans left (and i mean far left) and right but when someone points out a flaw in this "band" you love they should be baned. you want to run this board just like our country? no wonder why this country is laughing stock of the world and everyone hates and wants to destroy it. people like you si that only see in one color........

No, he thinks of annoying Arcade Fire fans as a temp job until he gets a real one...don't mind him, he wears Che Guevara shirts and camo shorts, and Delta...I have tried everything to get rid of him.
    haha...thom i like that u have the time to try.....i really do, thanks. i am not going anywhere though.

Quote Originally Posted by HEADSTRUCK View Post
    haha...thom i like that u have the time to try.....i really do, thanks. i am not going anywhere though.
    I have also come to terms with the fact that you aren't going anywhere and the fact that you just don't like this band, I think it would be better though to start a "I hate Arcade Fire" thread rather then posting negative shit on a "I love Arcade Fire" thread...what do you think?

Oh by the way...overall what did you think of the Rage performance on Sunday?

Quote Originally Posted by Somewhat Damaged View Post
    Arcade Fire's set was my favorite of the weekend and is probably only second to last year's Daft Punk show. I'm not one for singing along to songs (at least not outside of the relative comfort of my house or car when I'm alone) but damn it, I couldn't help joining in to "Laika" and "No Cars Go" and "Tunnels," et al. My favorite song was "Ocean of Noise," and the way Win's sweaty hair was affixed to his face as he played the organ and sang so passionately made me wonder how they don't have the #1 album in the world right now. It's just such an exciting time to be a fan of theirs, right as we're on the cusp of them potentially becoming the biggest band in the world. Maybe their sales don't reflect that, but their talent and showmanship certainly suggest as much. Oh yeah, was it during "Power Out" that that one guy went crazy and destroyed that drum? That was an intensity not matched by anything Rage put forth. Arcade Fire were the highlight of the weekend, hands down.

Well said. I'm so addicted to them right now that I'm trying to figure out which US show I can make before they leave for Europe. I know I'll be buying tickets from a scalper....Delta?
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

I have also come to terms with the fact that you aren't going anywhere and the fact that you just don't like this band, I think it would be better though to start a "I hate Arcade Fire" thread rather then posting negative shit on a "I love Arcade Fire" thread...what do you think?

Oh by the way...overall what did you think of the Rage performance on Sunday?
    i would do that maybe if the rage haters didnt do the same as what i am doing...!!!??? overall i thought they put on the show i expected. they played what i wanted to hear...i wish they wouldve had a new song or 2 but maybe when i see them in new your in july but i doubt it. they sound wasnt the best but what can they do about that?! i am overall happy with it and am glad nothing bad happened after......... i will stop attacking AF now due to the fact that the show is over and u have come around and instead of telling me to die you have become civil and i respect that....good day

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    Well said. I'm so addicted to them right now that I'm trying to figure out which US show I can make before they leave for Europe. I know I'll be buying tickets from a scalper....Delta?
    If your interested in the Berkeley Greek Theater shows I have two tickets for Friday night June 1st that my friends flaked on, if you want them their yours at whatever the cost was.

the fuck up they're talking about was in rebellion but it wasn't that bad, they were supposed to go to another chorus or something and instead they went to the outro and then it sounded like the song ended too soon or something like that, i dunno i was too busy anticipating the next song. you could see AF laughing about it cos they're human, with songs like theirs it's hard to beleive they're not robots, but fuck that i dont wanna go see a bunch of robots play...i thought the show was fucking mind blowing would definitely slot into my top 5 somewhere. unbeleivable

also whats with comparing arcade fire and rage? it's ridiculous its like comparing an apple with a pen.

Lurker

Quote Originally Posted by HEADSTRUCK View Post
    how can it be mind blowing when they fuck up and dont even finish a song?
    Because you don't know the band and their music at all, I'll cut you some slack for being rude about the band. However, I think the song you are referring to that they didn't "finish" is called 'Antichrist Television Blues' and it ends abruptly on purpose both on the album and when they play it live. I LOVE the way they end this song and thought it was brilliant the way they were able to reproduce it live. I think Will was actually mixing it on stage and pulled all the instruments out at the end. Absolutely beautiful!!!

Banned

I am not a scalper.

E

If your interested in the Berkeley Greek Theater shows I have two tickets for Friday night June 1st that my friends flaked on, if you want them their yours at whatever the cost was.
    I might be interested in those in case you don't sell them.

I smoked a blunt and danced to the good grooves

ooohhhh.....that sounds pretty good; lemme see what's going on that night and I'll let u know tomorrow....
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

Quote Originally Posted by ADrunkPoet View Post
    As a three year vet now, Arcade Fire this year may be the best experience I have ever had at the festival. Up there with Daft Punk for me. But once again that is just my opinion. Not making any absolute statements for everyone else.
    5 year vet and I agree, Arcade Fire was one of the best sets I've ever seen at Coachella because everyone sang along.

Arcade Fire was one of the best sets i've seen anywhere!

Cool Re: Arcade Fire!

Quote Originally Posted by Down Rodeo View Post
    I might be interested in those in case you don't sell them.
    Sure thing, just pm me if your interested...

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    ooohhhh.....that sounds pretty good; lemme see what's going on that night and I'll let u know tomorrow....
    The same applies to you as well, pm me if all goes through with your friend...