Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spank Rock

Default Spank Rock

After 3 long days of dancing, i did not think it would have been possible to get me to do anything beyond basic movement, but spank rock proved me wrong. I never thought that it was possible to say "shake it till my dick turns racist" in classy manner, but once again, spank rock proved me wrong. for everyone who saw their set, what did you think?

Banned

Default Re: Spank Rock

Were there eight [8] people in there?

E

Lurker

LOVEEEEEEEEEEE SPANKROCK!!!!!!!! I became a huge fan this year. Great show! I was up front dancing my ass off. He needs to tour.

i wish i'd seen that instead of rage. how many people were there?

Quote Originally Posted by Trick Loves The Kids View Post
    i wish i'd seen that instead of rage. how many people were there?
    1/3 of the gobi was tightly packed, the rest was a fair amount of people dancing. i think about 20 people got on stage to dance. It was more than Mike Relm if you saw him on Saturday

OMG poor mike relm. Damn, I so would have been at spank rock. I seriously hope someone took some vids.

I really wanted to stay for them, but had to leave a little early so I wasn't completed fried at work today (I'm too responsible). Was Amanda Blank there to do her part on "Bump"? Anything else worth mentioning about the set?

they didnt play bump which was sad but it was rockin in there...me and my buddies were front row and my friend jumped onstage and danced with flosstradamus and spank ro! it was awesome for him

I caught the last half of the set which was really fun.

Quote Originally Posted by the_e_guy View Post
    they didnt play bump which was sad but it was rockin in there...me and my buddies were front row and my friend jumped onstage and danced with flosstradamus and spank ro! it was awesome for him
    Oh shit, I was right next to you guys! Those security guards looked like they were ready to kick his ass when he first went over the barrier. Props to him for making it up on stage.

Gummi bear sultan miscorrections's Avatar

fucking spank rock was awesome. i was up front at the barrier shaking it hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    Has anyone gone on a date with a sandwich recently? What base did you get to? Ham?

Spank Rock was fucking insane on sunday night. Stage full of non-stop dancing...drum groups and booty shakin'...MC Spank Rock killed it...Pase Rock killed it as well.

Did they play Touch Me?

Spank Rock was in my top 3 for the weekend (tied with Gogol Bordello and LCD Soundsystem). I had planned to see them since I love to end each Coachella with a total party vibe. They ruled my face. I loved it that they showed appreciation for the fans there: "You guys came all the way out here and not see Rage and see us?!"
    This is my 2.5th time seeing them live (jimmy kimmel barely counts) and I'll definetely be there next time they are in L.A... once again, sorry if my horns got in anyone's way.

SPANK ROCK WAS AMAZING!

Top 3 of the festival for sure I watched the first 3 Rage songs and was like - b o r i n g , then Spank Rock fucking killed it! I couldn't believe the energy and fun he provided - FANTASTIC! Oh, since you are continuing your dick tendancies after the fest I'll answer you stupid remark. There was plenty of people there Delta, plenty that won't go home later and smack the girlfriends from all the alpha male aggrresion inside.

Ken you and I have the same top 3!

For those who missed Spank - I'd say that was the miss of the festival... easy.
    The Glitter Freeze

Coachella 99-10 Vet, the run has ended in 2011

for those who live in LA: Spank Rock and Flosstradamus are playing tonight at Check Yo' Ponytail at Safari Sam's on Sunset. It's a free event and doors open @ 9, be there.

Quote Originally Posted by hammerandasickle View Post
    for those who live in LA: Spank Rock and Flosstradamus are playing tonight at Check Yo' Ponytail at Safari Sam's on Sunset. It's a free event and doors open @ 9, be there.

ohhh shit! See you there!
    I'll be the short guy with glasses with the blue soccer Coachella shirt or the black king tut Spank Rock shirt, can't decide.

i was right up front against the rail for spank rock - SO GREAT! those guards weren't havin' it with the people going up on stage. i think i saw one guy get his ass beat or something.

I was there up close...:

And couldn't stop dancing...

Disclosure - October 12 - Reno, NV.
    Treasure Island Music Festival - October 19 - San Francisco, CA.
    Portugal, The Man - October 22 - Reno, NV.
    Cut Copy - October 31 - Reno, NV.
    Phoenix w/ Alt-J - December 5 - Reno, NV.

COACHELLA '07, '08, '09, '11, '13

Just got back from the Safari Sams show.. thank you Hammer for letting us know about this, would not have known otherwise. Now my 4th time seeing these fuckers... ass shakin competition champs!

Ooooooh that pussy get damp. Bump that bump that bump that bump that bump that bump that amp.

I am sad I missed this and just discovered the Safari Sam show. I would have gone. Dammit. But tell me: did they play "Touch Me"?

Lurker

could someone post what songs they played?

i had a blast at their set and wanted to know the names of the "ass and titties" song and the "dick turns racist" song.

thanks.

That show ruled, I saw the first bit of rage and really didn't feel like getting pummelled by idiots for another 45 mins so went to spank rock and did not regret it.

As they said, it was good to see all the people that went to Coachella to party, not see rage.

Quote Originally Posted by C DUB YA View Post
    SPANK ROCK WAS AMAZING!

Top 3 of the festival for sure I watched the first 3 Rage songs and was like - b o r i n g , then Spank Rock fucking killed it! I couldn't believe the energy and fun he provided - FANTASTIC! Oh, since you are continuing your dick tendancies after the fest I'll answer you stupid remark. There was plenty of people there Delta, plenty that won't go home later and smack the girlfriends from all the alpha male aggrresion inside.

Ken you and I have the same top 3!

For those who missed Spank - I'd say that was the miss of the festival... easy.
    You're speaking to Delta, don't you mean boyfriend.

hahaha. yes or dare i say grizzled troll he keeps in the basement of his mothers house.

as far as a setlist...

Can't say totally, but these were included:

Backyard Betty
    Sweet Talk
    Till My Dick Turns Racist (?)
    Lohan
    Ass and Titties (?)
    Competition
    The Glitter Freeze

Coachella 99-10 Vet, the run has ended in 2011

I definately shot my wad at Spankrock! So fun!
    MY SISTER IN 1994

RACE RIOT is the name of the "Shake it til my dick turns racist" song.

For all y'alls at BOTH Safari Sam's and Gobi tent for Spank, holla! I was rockin it hard both places, now i'm back in NYC--I literally have bruises all over my legs and my new sneakers are trashed, but well worth it.

I will be posting great video and pics soon, right now I am going to pass out from a week of Spank. And Coachella. Wow. (yes, i JUST got back into NYC).
    We got the fly rhymes on the hustle and grind

I loved how they were the last group on the last day in the smallest tent and they set the roof on fire! ASS AND TITTIES!

Wheelchair Epidemic hawkingvsreeve's Avatar

There is a Spank Rock remix of Bjork's Earth Intruders going around. Pretty fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by obzen View Post
    Giant. Fucking. Bjork. Buttons.
    last.fm

Is Spank Rock like another peaches? Is a lot of dirty songs? Peaches mentioned Spank Rock and how they sampled her song during her set.. I'm not really familiar with them though.

OUTKAST 2014
    it's finally happening

Röyksopp, FC Kahuna, Télépopmusik, The Knife, RJD2, Futue Sound of London, The Avalanches, 808 State, Zero 7, Tycho, Mr. Scruff