Thread: i live in glastonbury, anyone no it?

Default i live in glastonbury, anyone no it?

so ye i live in glastonbury, does anyone no what that is? coz we have a festival most years and aperently its one of the best and biggest in the world but i wandered what the amercans knew, this is in england btw, and well if youve been? does coachella live up to the standard of glastonbury?

Default Re: i live in glastonbury, anyone no it?

glastonbury has gotten worse and worse as the years have rolled on....I'll take Paul T. over Michael Eavis any day of the week.

Glasto seems like bizarro world this year. Bjork is headlining a day and Arctic Monkeys most likely closing ou the second stage at Coachella, but at Glasto Arctic Monkeys are headlining and Bjork is closing out the second stage....something's not right there. I really want to attend Glasto one year though and if I can get over my fear of flying over large bodies of water I'll go (Yes, its an irrational fear I know) But I highly doubt Glasto will top Coachella's lineup this year.

Quote Originally Posted by summerkid View Post
    Glasto seems like bizarro world this year. Bjork is headlining a day and Arctic Monkeys most likely closing ou the second stage at Coachella, but at Glasto Arctic Monkeys are headlining and Bjork is closing out the second stage....something's not right there. I really want to attend Glasto one year though and if I can get over my fear of flying over large bodies of water I'll go (Yes, its an irrational fear I know) But I highly doubt Glasto will top Coachella's lineup this year.
    have you ever thought that bjork's and the arctic monkeys's popularity in the USA are swapped in britain?

I know that, but reguardless of popularity they only have one cd. How can a band with one cd be a headliner?

It's been my dream to go to Glasto one day. However, I don't think I'd enjoy the mud and no shower thing. Also, after seeing their headliners this year thus far (The Who.....zzzzzzzzzzz), I'm not all that interested.

I went to Glasto on 2004.
    BEST. FESTIVAL. EVER!

I plan on applying for tickets this year and crossing my fingers I get a one.

You can never really explain what Glastonbury is to people who have never been there.

Sitting on the top of Stone Circle on Monday morning watching the sun rise at the end of the festival is one of those times in your life that you'll remember forever. Magical.
    Last edited by trvlgrl66; 01-25-2007 at 05:48 PM.

besides the three radiohead shows..what are some other epic performances that have taken place at Glasto?

Orbital has done a few great sets for Glasto (1994, 1995, 1999, 2002, 2004), Paul McCartney performed in 2004, David Bowie in 2000, and of course the great New Order set from 1987. Pulp in 1995 too.

Glasto is a pretty nasty festival to walk around and stay at. Coachella is ALWAYS sunny, and doesn't have all the smelly, scummy, dirty bastards that you get in Glasto. It's an entirely different experience.

I can't believe the Arctic Monkeys are headlining. What a fucking joke.

I went to Glastonbury in 2004 as well. Best three days of my whole life. Its hard to explain to people over here who are accustom to Coachella. It's a totally different world, a totally different vibe. The Coachella line-ups are pretty seminal but as far as vibe and sheer badass-ery nothing can even touch Glasto. Not to mention its about 10 times bigger than the Polo Fields. Everyone should make a point of going at least once in their lives.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
    so ye i live in glastonbury, does anyone no what that is? coz we have a festival most years and aperently its one of the best and biggest in the world but i wandered what the amercans knew
    omg i hope go to glaston one year!

Taking my first trip overseas this year and it just so happens that the last days I will be there will be while Glastonbury is happening. I am seriously considering going.
    "God got Wendys' period mixed up, every 28 days she starts acting nice...it lasts about a weekend."

Quote Originally Posted by SometimesNJ View Post
    besides the three radiohead shows..what are some other epic performances that have taken place at Glasto?
    Orbital, Pulp, and more recently Muse come to mind. Coachella is better except for the extreme heat, but I'll take that over rain anyday.
    The Glitter Freeze

Coachella 99-10 Vet, the run has ended in 2011

I went to glastonbury 94' with my parents, i was 6 years old, i remember them wanting to see johnny cash, i had a tantrum, cus' i didnt want to see the bands perform, that pissed them off, and in later years, pissed me off too, i coulda seen CASH!

I went to the festival in 1994. I hitchhiked with some other backpackers, and I don't even remember what I saw. Too many good drugs and great people, that I don't think my brain had enough ability to concentrate to even pay attention to the music. Can anybody fill in my lost memories?

Much better crowds at Coachella than Non-Shavedonbury.
    Hygiene wise...

Are you pushing it out, you ******?

Quote Originally Posted by summerkid View Post
    I know that, but reguardless of popularity they only have one cd. How can a band with one cd be a headliner?
    If you've seen the Arctic Monkeys live, you'd know. I saw them at the Reading Festival last year. They f*ckin rocked it.

They also have a new album due out in March, and Glastonbury's not until June, so they will have two albums of material to play from.
    Last edited by back4more; 01-28-2007 at 08:53 PM.
    A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory

GLASTONBURY HAS BIGGEST LINE-UP ON THE PLANET ...BLOWS ME AWAY ...AND HAD LOT OF FUN THERE ...BUT IF YOU HAVE NEVER BEEN TO COACHELLA GO ...I NEVER LISTENED TO FRIENDS FOR YEARS AND THEN ENDED UP GOING AND CAN ONLY SAY GOOD THINGS ITS BETTER IN MY MIND ...WEATHERS BETTER AND CROWD IS COOLER ..THINK GLASTO HAS BECOME ALMOST TO BIG TO KEEP JUST A COOL CROWD ...LIKE THE HEALING FIELDS THOUGH...

I DID SEE MUSE LIVE THERE AND THAT WAS OUT OF THIS WORLD....
    Last edited by musichead; 02-02-2007 at 01:54 PM.