Thread: V.I.P. passes

Default V.I.P. passes

Will VIP passes go on sale at the same time as the presale? If so, is there any info on it? Cost, same password, etc...?
    I wouldn't recommend sex, drugs or insanity for everyone, but they've always worked for me.

Default Re: V.I.P. passes

No.

They don't sell VIP passes like that.

You can buy a "packaged VIP deal", but you might as well buy a new car.
    The Glitter Freeze

Coachella 99-10 Vet, the run has ended in 2011

Last year they did an auction for V.I.P passes. I'm not sure how high the bidding went however.

V.I.P. passes don't seem like they're that great.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

VIPs are a waste...don't fall for that gimmick.

I bought 4 last year...the "side view" of the stage promised is STILL 100 yards away from the actual stage. Celebrities? None. Food was just as expensive, restrooms just as dirty, and the only difference is that it was shaded and there were couches there.

BUT YOU'RE STILL 100 F*CKING YARDS AWAY FROM THE STAGE!!!

Bought them for $400 last year...sold them for $400 to 2 naive individuals to make it their problem instead ...

AGAIN, DON'T DO VIP.

VIP is overrated. If you can get a press pass or a photo pass, that's the way to go.
    Hunting has been part of our society since the first Europeans came over and shot buffalo and Native Americans and whatnot.
    ---
    The Dive Poets

Okay...I'm a dumbass, so let me get this straight - VIP passes are in addition to the tickets? I thought VIP passes were just more expensive tix with percs (ie - shade). In other words I'd have to pay the $249 plus whatever the VIP pass costs?
    I wouldn't recommend sex, drugs or insanity for everyone, but they've always worked for me.

vip tickets are not sold to the general public.
    .................................................. ..............
    She added the phrase "meany head" to my profile.
    I hardly think I'm an attention whore.
    I train birds of prey and am I licensed falconer

Quote Originally Posted by psychic friend View Post
    vip tickets are not sold to the general public.
    well, not by GV ... but, e-bay on the other hand ....

Quote Originally Posted by pewter14 View Post
    well, not by GV ... but, e-bay on the other hand ....

Would you trust them anyway? And if you wanna fork over like a lot of money for it be my guest. You will have been paying just to have another wristband that lets you into another area where you can buy different food and different alcohol thats still expensive....

unless I was getting back stage, I wouldn't buy anything outside the standard tix.

Just making the claim that people will probably sell this on e-bay, which, is to the general public.

It's nothing to cry over, really. Don't sweat it. If you can get one, then enjoy it, but for those of you that might be fretting about it, they really aren't that big of a deal.
    Hunting has been part of our society since the first Europeans came over and shot buffalo and Native Americans and whatnot.
    ---
    The Dive Poets

I went last year with VIP passes and actually enjoyed it quite immensely. Massive Attack from the VIP area was fantastic. I would never buy a VIP pass, but the opportunity came and I was happy to use them. As for seeing celebrities... You won't be seeing anyone you'll recognize (we did see Matisyahu though he was flanked by his crew). The VIP passes are in no way related to All Access/Backstage passes. Those are the golden ticket. VIP gets you shorter food/drink lines, with the added bonus of a full bar (though the drinks were still super-expensive. As a scotch fan, I loved the VIP passes. I could go chug a few scotches, then get out of the VIP area and go watch bands.
    -----------------------

Thanks for all the advise/help. I could care less about seeing celebs. I could stay in Mojave all day long. I'm just going with a friend who suffered heat stroke at ACL last Sept. Was looking to make their Coachella experience a little more cushy. (And mine more fun.) Peace.

VIP passes will do absolutely nothing for you if you want to see bands on any stage other than the main stage
    ---
    The Dive Poets

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by nothingman00 View Post
    I went last year with VIP passes and actually enjoyed it quite immensely. Massive Attack from the VIP area was fantastic. I would never buy a VIP pass, but the opportunity came and I was happy to use them. As for seeing celebrities... You won't be seeing anyone you'll recognize (we did see Matisyahu though he was flanked by his crew). The VIP passes are in no way related to All Access/Backstage passes. Those are the golden ticket. VIP gets you shorter food/drink lines, with the added bonus of a full bar (though the drinks were still super-expensive. As a scotch fan, I loved the VIP passes. I could go chug a few scotches, then get out of the VIP area and go watch bands.
    ding ding ding!

that was my vip experience last year too! short lines for beer, short lines for restrooms, maybe the view of the main stage wasn't that close, but it was still nice to not hassle with the crowd, especially after 6 to 8 hours of dealing with large amounts of people. i enjoyed VIP very much.

why the hell would ANYONE not want to be close to the mainstage? Are you kidding me?!?!@? That almost defeats the purpose of even going to a concert!!!

After I sold my VIPs, I ended up right up against the front-row rails for Depeche Mode & Tool last year. Security hooked it up with FREE water so we in the front wouldn't be dehydrated--and it was great!!!

F*CK VIP--DO IT RIGHT. Front row, backstage, press pass, OR BUST.