Thread: COACHELLA 07 YOUR FULL REVIEW HERE.

Banned

Default COACHELLA 07 YOUR FULL REVIEW HERE.

well just flew back into town after 3 amazing days and there is so much to tell got to see around 50 bands but ill condense it into a god litle read:

first the experience and tips for future coachella goers:
    get there early. got there around noon each day. soaked it all in traffic not a problem.
    the vibe was amazing so many good people had only 2 rude people encounters and both were from england. i guess they are used the mud and crap at european festivals.
    the heat. day 1 was ok day 2 was tough had to sit for a while cuz i just got heat exhausted. day 3 was perfect hot but with a breeze.
    beer gardens were very cool. clsoe to stages so i could hear the music while soaking in a beer

OK NOW THE MUSIC:

much love to the promoters. great selection of artists!

friday favorites:

the noisettes: they kicked it off for me and it was a fun set. god way to start coachella.
    satellite party actually enjoyed the set. good job..

amy winehouse
    another fun set. she is not a polished performer but it was a fun set and has a amazing voice. great backing band.

faithless
    so much fun dancing and hearing them live is a must! great vibe.

band of the night: peeping tom listen im a big mike patton fan but their set blew me away and i wasnt expecting to be blown away like that. amazing set and the band was tight and it all worked perfectly patton has grown into a great frontman.

downers of the night:

of montreal: just didnt feel it. they started it out slow and never got it back. we left.

peaches: novelty act at best. boring.

bjork
    its just not good for me to almost fall asleep. she would be amazing in a club setting or in a tent just didnt work for me.

Saturday favorites:

phoarohe monch: solid band and the vibe was cool. really surprised. good set:

ozomotli: great band had alot of fun dancing to them.

!!! good live band alot of potential. solid set.

regina spektor
    very cool girl. great voice good songs.

mstrkrft great vibe and did a solid set.

downer sets:

rhcp what the fuck happened to this band. kiedis looks bored and they are going through the motions so disappointed. they lost their vibe... total top 40 band.

the arcade fire
    it wasnt a disaster but i expected more cuz of the hype they didnt show it. they have the songs that could become concert anthems but they are not there yet but still have alot of potential.

fountains of wayne
    zzzzzzzzzzzzz no vibe at all. lazy band..

sunday favorites:

ratm
    they were a little rusty at times. last 30 min of show was epic. overall it was great to see them rock again!

lily allen
    why? well i was drunk and had fun just listen to pop songs with a girl who hates men attitude. cool set.

kaiser chiefs
    enjoyed the set. solid and had alot of fun listening to them.

the roots; great hip hop band.

willie nelson i was gonna watch only 5 min ended up watching about 30 min cool mutha fucka right there.

Mika
    good band and good songs had the elton john/freddie mercury thing going. good job.

the coup another surprise. dug the vibe. looking forward to seeing them at rick the bells.

downers:

crowded house fucking awful. sorry i tried.

lupe fiasco boring has alot to learn.

overall i had a amazing time and will come back again next year! love to u all.

Default Re: COACHELLA 07 YOUR FULL REVIEW HERE.

Wow, at least you have the energy to type all of that! Thanks for a great review. After reading it, seems like you and I were on opposite ends of the festival grounds the entire time...but that's part of what makes it so cool [that everyone's experience is so vastly different]. Very sad I missed Faithless--they seemed to blow everyone's minds. Glad you had so much fun! I may try to attempt a review tomorrow after sleep (literally just got in) and I'd love to read more from everyone.

Note for future Coachellers. DO NOT go to the festival early. It is way too hot to sit there for 12 hours each day.

Lurker

sounds like you didn't really like anything. too bad, i thought a lot of the shows that you hated, in actuality, really rocked. (arcade fire, lupe fiasco, bjork). maybe i'm not a pretentious indie music snob.
    later.

I loved it, ate some carls jr in line, they let me bring in a big sealed bottled water, comedians of comedy were funny, bought only 2 garotades and 1 pretzel while I was there foodwise, of montreal was great, bjork was awesome, caught a cold from being front row next to sick people yelling in my ear for 6 hours but it was worth it.

THE GOOD:

David Guetta
    Amy Winehouse
    Benni Benassi
    Faithless
    Bjork

Steve Aoki
    Regina Spektor

Trent Cantrelle
    Rodrigo Y Gabriela
    Richie Hawtin
    Paul Van Dyk