Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Girl Talk

Coachella Junkie jackstraw94086's Avatar

Default Re: Girl Talk

Quote Originally Posted by jigglypuflvr@mac.com View Post
    You've seriously responded like 3 times to this thread in the past 10 minutes. I hope you're having a really nice day. Outside. Or something. Peace anyhow, topic over, you lose.

oooooh topic over. I lose. waaaaaahhhh

Part of my job is programming. I'm waiting for shit running in the background and amuse myself in the interrim by reading your lame attempts at insults.

I suppose your post count in this thread falls below this arbitrary pathetic level you've defined.

My sister and I got to dance on stage during Girl Talk. I don't care what anyone else says, we had SOOO much fun. I kept that balloon that they gave us as a souvenir.

Lurker

i don't know what you people are talking about. girl talk was a lot of fun and it was awesome going from arcade fire to him because we kept dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by aiduh View Post
    i don't know what you people are talking about. girl talk was a lot of fun and it was awesome going from arcade fire to him because we kept dancing.

You danced to that because you just don't know!
    lol just playing.

Quote Originally Posted by KenMixtape View Post
    You danced to that because you just don't know!
    lol just playing.
    you like skewing arguments.

nobody (or at least relatively few) claims that enjoying girl talk's music is in itself a crime. putting him on a pedestal, thinking his music is so revolutionary and shit, paying real money to see him, etc., is a bit of a crime.
    I still respect the hell out of Gillis for taking that act as far as he has though.

There are soooo many better laptop performers out there.

Me, for example.

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw94086 View Post
    you like skewing arguments.

nobody (or at least relatively few) claims that enjoying girl talk's music is in itself a crime. putting him on a pedestal, thinking his music is so revolutionary and shit, paying real money to see him, etc., is a bit of a crime.
    I still respect the hell out of Gillis for taking that act as far as he has though.

There are soooo many better laptop performers out there.
    You're still assuming I give a shit about your little opinions.

you were passe already last year. I've still got a box and half of "This Is Not A Full On Idle Shirt" mediums, and a few smalls.

Quote Originally Posted by KenMixtape View Post
    You're still assuming I give a shit about your little opinions.
    Ya. It's very clear that you don't, loser.

Here's the first five minutes of his set.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yC8XpjwdckM

people bobbing their heads to the Under The Bridge riff was painful to watch.

I trust he picked it up a bit after those first 5 minutes because it looks like y'all were barely hanging in there.

Quote Originally Posted by Senor Cardgage View Post
    Best "empty calorie" act of the whole damn weekend.
    Just big dumb stupid fun.
    It was DELICIOUS!

QFT

After the intense bliss and catharsis of Arcade Fire's set, running over to the Gobi to be greeted by this was simply heaven.

All I read is a bunch of Love/Hate: some people like him and some don't. Personally, I think Girl Talk loves music and he likes to mix it up, so I'm sure that all the people who like him love to dance and listen to crazy mixes and the people who don't are looking for an artist who physically performs and plays music. Lets not forget that Girl Talk is a dj and not someone who plays instruments or dances. He's just a guy with a lap top.

Quote Originally Posted by cracknowledge View Post
    Well, he added a bunch of new stuff but the core beats that he was using were straight off Night Ripper. I could've just stayed at home and played that album and put my iPod on shuffle on my computer and it would've been the same thing.
    I watched Justice instead, but my friend who went to GirlTalk said it was dissapointing that he played a lot of stuff off of nightripper as well..
    2001, 2004, 2007, 2009

2013 EDM wishlish (please):

classixx, stanton warriors, logistics, jefr tale
    spencer & hill, bent, eric prydz, mike realm, nick thayer
    kruder & dorfmeister, young punx, phonat, treasure fingers
    Kraak & Smaak, sergio & benoit, kris menace, bassjackers, DJ Craze
    DIGITALISM, knifeparty, chemical brothers, bassbintwins, seth troxler

Quote Originally Posted by summerkid View Post
    Cant believe you guys saw girl talk over justice
    quote of the day

Quote Originally Posted by crazzz2007 View Post
    quote of the day
    seriously

Quote Originally Posted by daftmonkey64 View Post
    SHUT! THE FUCK!! UP!!!!!
    but this is a message board.....the whole point is to NOT SHUT THE FUCK UP

This thread is awesome.

I didn't see GT this weekend - saw him @Seattle in Jan and caught Blonde Redhead instead.

At this point the hype dust has settled down and I don't think anyone is calling GT anything other than a fun live show. I'm not sure who's saying his sequencer manipulation skills are the best or which blogs are hyping his technical abilities. Several months ago there was a lot more noise about GT and I can see people getting sick of it to the point where it became a backlash.

Now it's more about him doing a really fun live show and I think we all kinda know that. Sorry dudes

LOL i was the one who said GO DJ GIRL TALK!!!!! i was doing that on purpose because i find it hilariously ignorant. and NO JOKE i was also the one who threw the alcohol that landed in someones eye (it was gin).... AND i was also one of those stupid teenager kids who was dancing on stage!!!

AND I HAD A FUCKING BLAST!!!!!!!!

So everyone get over it and just dance!! Life is too short to not go do crazy stuff. I'm sure i pissed a couple ppl off with my crappy dance moves or purposely ignorant remarks, but damn, i had so much fun and im sure many others did.....

GT was amazing.

talented or not, i walked by that tent on my way to lcd soundsystem and it looked like a good party!

I seriously can't believe how much some of you are shitting up this thread. Quit being assholes who fight on the internet and agree to disagree already.

That being said, I don't give a shit if he mixes anything live, I don't give a shit if some of the dancers on the stage were retarded 16 year old kids, I don't give a shit if the people in the back of the crowd were just bobbing their heads, and to be honest I don't know what goes into making most music so his "talent" level means precisely dick to me.

All I know is that I had a blast and danced my ass off with a bunch of sweaty gross people and had more FUN than at any other set of the weekend. Coachella is about fun. Sorry some people didn't dig it, but he achieved his goal of entertaining me and that's all that matters.

it was the "funnest" act.

best thread ever
    coachella vet: 02, 03, 06, 07, 08, 09......
    http://mrgwillgo.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by thizzlam View Post
    So everyone get over it and just dance!! Life is too short to not go do crazy stuff. I'm sure i pissed a couple ppl off with my crappy dance moves or purposely ignorant remarks, but damn, i had so much fun and im sure many others did.....
    No dammit. This is a life and death matter. For god's sake there's rows of thingies on his laptop screen. Somebody actually saw them. Is nobody going to stand up to girl talk as he marauds around the countryside subjecting innocents to Under The Bridge mashed with hip hop beat?

Will somebody please think of the children?

ur a douche jackstraw. you didnt even go to coachella and you talk shit from your computer. I'm pretty sure everyone who played at coachella is extremely more talented than you and definately doesnt have time to write in forums about shows they didnt attend. So get over yourself and get out from behind your computer, and ya maybe its your job, but you dont have to project your bitter attitude upon everyone. Even if Girl Talk sucked there were many other bands that people saw and enjoyed that you didnt because YOU WERENT THERE. Prob just jerkin it to videos on youtube.

sob sob.. weep weep...
    why is every girl talk fanboy such a humorless fuck? jesus.

but I'll spit at you if it suits you. You're fucking ignorant if you think you had to be standing in front of him to know that his music is cheap. You're just a cry baby who can't handle someone ridiculing your precious crap music. I never claimed to be better than girl talk, I'm just refuting some of you idiots who swear up and down that he's a genius (which even he himself won't claim). Is he talentless? no. However, some of you are providing great comedy with your abject adoration. I've made my own original music, and I've made a few mashups. I've even played them at shows (which is what I'm sitting here preparing for right now). I'm not claiming to be an expert, but some of you have said some insanely stupid things and have made me out to be a pretentious know-it-all simply by contrast.

And who the fuck are you with 2 posts claiming to know who I am (unless you're a chicken shit alias)? Get a sense of humor your pickled cunt flap.

Jesus will you motherfuckers just fucking quit it already? This thread is 90% bullshit arguing and flaming and generally fagging up the entire forum so just shut the fuck up. Everybody knows the arguments for and against Girl Talk and nobody gives a flying fuck, so get the fuck out now and quit ruining the internet.

shut the fuck up, you half-wit. why are you in here reading this if you already know everything that's going to be said?

This isn't your internet, assmunch. I could give two shits about how pleased you are with its content. People who complain about arguing on the internet are 50x more retarded then those who are honestly amusing themselves on it.

Get the fuck over it and go read the economist or some shit if your leisure time is so fucking important it can't be wasted. Did you really think this thread would be better if it were a series of "hey, girl talk was awesome", "yeah, it sure was", "yo folks, I enjoyed it too, wheeee", "no way. I enjoyed it moooore".

Go start a happy fun time forum and invite only people who won't argue with each other.

the Girl Talk set was really cool.
    it got me more in the mood for lcd and plenty of dancing was experienced.
    "whoop, there it is!"
    "That's the most gangster punk rock shit out there."- Z-Trip showing his love for Paul Tollett

Sorry for all that yesterday, everyone else. I was definetely blowing off some steam. At least I released it at an appropriate target allthough no one else needed to see it.

Spending the day getting chills to Youtube clips...