Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Girl Talk

Default Re: Girl Talk

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw94086 View Post
    I'd rather be called a pompous know-it-all then blabber like an idiot and prove myself ignorant like you.
    Ride that rocket to the top, you pretentious cliche SF twat.
    1400 posts on a 3 month old message board for a festival you're too cool to attend. Nuff said.
    Last edited by KenMixtape; 05-01-2007 at 10:05 AM.

Justice were too amazing to miss for Girl Talk
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

yeah, I missed Justice cuz I got their times crossed in my head like an idiot.

Heard it was too too mega
    This sig sponsored by MenocuŽ buttplugs.MenocuŽ butplugs are the only buttplugs Wykked Sceptre uses.

And if you watch him perform in all the videos right up in his face you'll see that his music goes through scene changes while he's jumping around and sweating all over a bunch of high-schoolers.
    i've never seen that. i hear loops played out but never major parts changing. he's behind his laptop 90% of the show and when he goes to get wild with the crowd, it's always the same thing looping over.

i also like it how you make it sound like this is something for high-schoolers, when this dude is out winning Wired Rave Awards and is in the top 10 for the Shortlist this year.

Girl Talk was just fucking FUN. Don't think too hard about him or his performance (or lack thereof, as some of you are stating) and take it for what it is: a chance to dance your ass off.

I didn't care about the crowd, the kids on stage dancing (or trying to) or even Girl Talk stripping... all I did during his set was get down. Definitely one of the funnest moments of Coachella for me.

His show was fun, and a great surprise after being disappointed by justice (and a crowd that was lame).

Quote Originally Posted by KenMixtape View Post
    couldnt have said it better. fuck you jackstraw, elitist prick

Quote Originally Posted by illFigure90 View Post
    i know hes not a dj but his show was just awful. just a bunch of 14-16 year old kids dancing to mainstream beats mixed up. the video presentation was bad and all the kids on stage with th balloons was dumb, now i know why he got bood of a stage before.
    I completely agree with you. Not to mention the fact that some jackasses in the crowd threw alcohol in the air and it landed in my boyfriend's eye. Yeah - haha assholes, but it totally killed the mood. We went back in the tent to try to get into it, but I realized that maybe having alcohol thrown at us was for the better. It really woke me up and made me realize that although Girl Talk is great on an album, it's complete trash "live."

Coachella Junkie jackstraw94086's Avatar

You're fucking reaching now. You're not even trying to defend your precious crap anymore (as if you ever could). Where I happen to live now has nothing to do with my opinion of girl talk you ignorant douche. Get real. Everyone else on this board from SF loves him. Someone who doesn't like your shit is pretentious, huh?

Take your insecurities and go cry some more, you fucking ancient baby.
    I can hear you sobbing from here, you sniveling little prick.

EDIT: I love that you went back and added in a post count jab (and this board is 5 months old anyway not that it matters. I just like pointing out your points of ignorance)
    Post count jabs are the lowest and most desperate form internet flaming. You're pathetic.
    Last edited by jackstraw94086; 05-01-2007 at 10:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by daftmonkey64 View Post
    couldnt have said it better. fuck you jackstraw, elitist prick
    You people have no idea what elitism is. You're just pissed because you said something stupid and got called on it.

If I were elitist I wouldn't bother wasting time here on this board and taunting idiots like you. You're fun when you're angry.

Justice > Girl Talk > Tiesto. And I did see all of them. That is all.

You're fucking reaching now. You're not even trying to defend your precious crap anymore (as if you ever could). Where I happen to live now has nothing to do with my opinion of girl talk you ignorant douche. Get real. Everyone else on this board from SF loves him. Someone who doesn't like your shit is pretentious, huh?
    No, you're pretentious with your constant "You just don't know!" posts. I was in the chat once and I swear you said that about 15 times to one guy. That's a sign of mental illness if nothing else. I don't care about your little "I know something you don't know" opinions, at this point I'm just having fun calling you out.

Quote Originally Posted by jsack0 View Post
    I completely agree with you. Not to mention the fact that some jackasses in the crowd threw alcohol in the air and it landed in my boyfriend's eye. Yeah - haha assholes, but it totally killed the mood. We went back in the tent to try to get into it, but I realized that maybe having alcohol thrown at us was for the better. It really woke me up and made me realize that although Girl Talk is great on an album, it's complete trash "live."
    haha, well, that's a fair opinion. but i honestly think if getting alcohol spilled on you is a major problem than a girl talk show is probably not the best thing for you. it's like a good house party, alcohol is flying in the air, people are going nuts, etc

if you like it on album, i dont see how you cant feel the music live. there's so much new material! you get a great preview of upcoming releases. plus, he remixes all 3 of his albums together along with new stuff. it's a great glimpse into how he puts his albums together.

anyway, to each their own, i thought it was fun as shit and am very happy i didnt rave it out to Justice

No, you're pretentious with your constant "You just don't know!" posts. I was in the chat once and I swear you said that about 15 times to one guy. That's a sign of mental illness if nothing else. I don't care about your little "I know something you don't know" opinions, at this point I'm just having fun calling you out.
    a) the accusations of "you don't know" were in the face of blatant misaprehensions. You're not even reading this shit are you? A guy said he saw a bunch of clips on a screen. I said that didn't mean he was necessarily doing anything. then that other retard blasted me saying there weren't clips when he clearly had no idea what he was saying.
    I find it absolutely laughable that I'm the one getting accused to being a know-it-all here when you people are swearing up and down that you know exactly what girl talk is doing, not me. I'm only describing how he can pull that off without doing it "live" and some of you are just being ignorant.

B) on the chat accusation. That's just a patent lie. The only person I used to talk about technical stuff with in chat was sean from tahoe and we were friends. And what's more he knew more than I did at the time, probably still does. Your'e a liar. I am actually humble and appreciate real discussion as far as technical stuff when someone demonstrates that they know what they're talking about. Notice I'm not in a spitting match against the people that actually have mentioned real details.

Don't fool yourself. You're not calling me out. You got all pissy and now won't let it go. You're one of the touchiest old douches on this board.

Jesus you're a big cry baby.

Quote Originally Posted by fober View Post
    Mike Relm made Girl Talk look like a bizzaro-world remix of Soul Position's "No Gimmicks".
    ha ha.. Mike Relm owned everyone at Coachella.. it's too bad only 500 people witnessed the fitness.. i hope someone recorded some of his VJ set so we can put this baby to sleep.
    2001, 2004, 2007, 2009

2013 EDM wishlish (please):

classixx, stanton warriors, logistics, jefr tale
    spencer & hill, bent, eric prydz, mike realm, nick thayer
    kruder & dorfmeister, young punx, phonat, treasure fingers
    Kraak & Smaak, sergio & benoit, kris menace, bassjackers, DJ Craze
    DIGITALISM, knifeparty, chemical brothers, bassbintwins, seth troxler

Quote Originally Posted by yolowo View Post
    haha, well, that's a fair opinion. but i honestly think if getting alcohol spilled on you is a major problem than a girl talk show is probably not the best thing for you. it's like a good house party, alcohol is flying in the air, people are going nuts, etc

if you like it on album, i dont see how you cant feel the music live. there's so much new material! you get a great preview of upcoming releases. plus, he remixes all 3 of his albums together along with new stuff. it's a great glimpse into how he puts his albums together.

anyway, to each their own, i thought it was fun as shit and am very happy i didnt rave it out to Justice

I think it's entirely possible to like the album but not the live show. In fact, it's the one piece of proof IMO that he's actually putting at least a small a small touch of a live aspect to his show. It just doesn't seem as tight as his the album, which is his whole gimmick. The album is put together pretty well for what it is.

It's just possible that some of us don't respect it as a live show. It seems some folks here can't handle that.

a) the accusations of "you don't know" were in the face of blatant misaprehensions.

At any point, again I don't care about your little opinions. It's your attitude that makes you a steaming cunt. Now go write a few flustered paragraphs about it while you amaze your peers with your astounding command of knowledge of the scene.

a) the accusations of "you don't know" were in the face of blatant misaprehensions. You're not even reading this shit are you? A guy said he saw a bunch of clips on a screen. I said that didn't mean he was necessarily doing anything. then that other retard blasted me saying there weren't clips when he clearly had no idea what he was saying.
    I find it absolutely laughable that I'm the one getting accused to being a know-it-all here when you people are swearing up and down that you know exactly what girl talk is doing, not me. I'm only describing how he can pull that off without doing it "live" and some of you are just being ignorant.

B) on the chat accusation. That's just a patent lie. The only person I used to talk about technical stuff with in chat was sean from tahoe and we were friends. And what's more he knew more than I did at the time, probably still does. Your'e a liar. I am actually humble and appreciate real discussion as far as technical stuff when someone demonstrates that they know what they're talking about. Notice I'm not in a spitting match against the people that actually have mentioned real details.

Don't fool yourself. You're not calling me out. You got all pissy and now won't let it go. You're one of the touchiest old douches on this board.

Jesus you're a big cry baby.

SHUT! THE FUCK!! UP!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by joppy-slow View Post
    ha ha.. Mike Relm owned everyone at Coachella.. it's too bad only 500 people witnessed the fitness.. i hope someone recorded some of his VJ set so we can put this baby to sleep.
    There's a bunch of mike relm footage on youtube. Most of the highlight moments from coachella are likely up there in some form from another show.

At any point, again I don't care about your little opinions. It's your attitude that makes you a steaming cunt. Now go write a few flustered paragraphs about it while you amaze your peers with your astounding command of knowledge of the scene.
    You're not fooling anyone. You're clearly miffed at being called ignorant, but you forced it upon yourself. I'm amused that you think I'm trying to astound people. I guess it's easy and just plain unavoidable when people like you are in the mix.

You're the whiniest douche on the board right now.

I just like how jackstraw is having to defend his technicalities and speculation against everyone else's experience. We're all glad you have so much to say about a performance you missed

You're not fooling anyone. You're clearly miffed at being called ignorant, but you forced it upon yourself. I'm amused that you think I'm trying to astound people. I guess it's easy and just plain unavoidable when people like you are in the mix.

You're the whiniest douche on the board right now.
    I'm sure dude on the other side of a computer screen is really "miffed" (haha) about being called ignorant. And on a final note, is everything the somethingest of something to you? How do you break every shitty thing into its own clique of shittiness, and what qualifies each thing as the shittiest of its shitty category? You're shitty. Not the shittiest, but I think we all can agree, you are just kind of shitty.

Quote Originally Posted by jigglypuflvr@mac.com View Post
    I just like how jackstraw is having to defend his technicalities and speculation against everyone else's experience. We're all glad you have so much to say about a performance you missed
    what experience are you talking about? The fact that you saw his laptop in the flesh? You saw a bunch of stuff on his screen so now you're the expert? Congratulations.

Do think I or anyone else who isn't impressed has never seen a laptop performer before? Do you think you know more about how girl talk performs his set than anyone who has seen the close up videos of him?

You make me laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by jigglypuflvr@mac.com View Post
    I'm sure dude on the other side of a computer screen is really "miffed" (haha) about being called ignorant. And on a final note, is everything the somethingest of something to you? How do you break every shitty thing into its own clique of shittiness, and what qualifies each thing as the shittiest of its shitty category? You're shitty. Not the shittiest, but I think we all can agree, you are just kind of shitty.
    now you're flaming me over excessive use of superlatives.

Outstanding.

I'm so ashamed.

You're a fun bunch. (EDIT: no wait. check that. You're the FUNNEST bunch)

yeah dude, just kill yourself already

Banned

ya rly.

Quote Originally Posted by cracknowledge View Post
    ... none of the mash ups were original, just all recycled stuff from Night Ripper.
    this is just incorrect. i'd say 50% of the set was completely new material, 30% of the set was new mixes of elements from Night Ripper, and 20% was straight up favorites from Night Ripper.

Quote Originally Posted by daftmonkey64 View Post
    yeah dude, just kill yourself already
    do you think at 4 words per minute or something?

You're clearly following this thread, try to be more entertaining.

You've seriously responded like 3 times to this thread in the past 10 minutes. I hope you're having a really nice day. Outside. Or something. Peace anyhow, topic over, you lose.

Quote Originally Posted by yolowo View Post
    this is just incorrect. i'd say 50% of the set was completely new material, 30% of the set was new mixes of elements from Night Ripper, and 20% was straight up favorites from Night Ripper.
    Your figures seem very precise, but I would like to see the calibration records for your setlist spectrometer.

(I'm just joking btw. you don't seem as touchy as the idiots in this thread)