Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rage was a disappointment

Default Rage was a disappointment

We went to Coachella just for Rage. It was our first time seeing Rage. This was just my 4th concert ever. So we took off around 5 and got there at 7. We caught the last 3 bands on the main stage. Rage, well, I wasn't really feeling it. Honestly, Manu Chao was better and I never heard of them. Family Values at Hyundai was better. The System of a down show at long beach was better. Last year, with Tool headlining, now that was 10x better. I'm not even a big Tool fan but I mean Tool vs Rage, no contest. Of course, all imo.

Default Re: Rage was a disappointment

ok.

why did see fags like you posting shit like that on here?
    Quote Originally Posted by breakjaw View Post
    I hope noone stab me with belt bucklez while I line dancing so fast in Skoal Tent,please peoplez!

I agree with pet4h. They just didn't bring it. The sound was shitty. I couldn't hear the bass or drums. It's the low end that brings the energy and all I could hear was Zack and Tom. Love 'em both, but I wanna hear the whole band not just the two egos that crown themselves as da kings.

It was the sound, which FYI, sucked at main stage all three days.
    http://www.myspace.com/caitapalooza
    WHITE CHICKS AND GANG SIGNS FTW

Quote Originally Posted by Senor Cardgage View Post
    Sadly, what I didnt know is that commie chicks = lack of grooming technology + panties made of burlap = Vagina Crimes Against Humanity.

It wasn't as bad the two previous nights. I guess it's easier to accept Bjork and Tiesto at a lower volume than Rage.

Banned

Rage's performance was incredible. Just like the old days.

I left after 5 songs.

He didn't talk to the crowd...I was expecting some sort of speech or something. Did he even talk?
    Quote Originally Posted by thaipod View Post
    I raped three children, did heroin, harrassed a horse, set fire to an emo kid, and stole a cart of churros.

THIS TRULY IS THE LAND OF THE FREE!!!

yes at the end of "wake up"... awesome show...you all suck at life
    I hope noone stab me with belt bucklez while I line dancing so fast in Skoal Tent,please peoplez!

Quote Originally Posted by Ill_Eagle View Post
    yes at the end of "wake up"... awesome show...you all suck at life
    What did he say?

I had to leave early because I had school the next day.
    Quote Originally Posted by thaipod View Post
    I raped three children, did heroin, harrassed a horse, set fire to an emo kid, and stole a cart of churros.

THIS TRULY IS THE LAND OF THE FREE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Adam2uBer View Post
    What did he say?

I had to leave early because I had school the next day.
    to be honest i dont remember word for word i was just way too excited.. something along the lines of "george w bush should be shot, and hanged" he talked for a while though...

Rage fucking rocked! Best show of the weekend and you are just a negative nancy or have just plain bad taste if you are honestly comparing rage to a family values show.
    Zach rocked it, the voulme could have been better (as mentioned earlier the sound on the main stage pretty much sucked all weekend) but the rest of the band was plenty audible. RAGE FUCKING DESTROYED IT!
    DEF NOYZE

Quote Originally Posted by pet4h View Post
    We went to Coachella just for Rage. It was our first time seeing Rage. This was just my 4th concert ever. So we took off around 5 and got there at 7. We caught the last 3 bands on the main stage. Rage, well, I wasn't really feeling it. Honestly, Manu Chao was better and I never heard of them. Family Values at Hyundai was better. The System of a down show at long beach was better. Last year, with Tool headlining, now that was 10x better. I'm not even a big Tool fan but I mean Tool vs Rage, no contest. Of course, all imo.
    You fail at life!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Rage was insane
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltaSigChi4 View Post

A long history of numerous championships, pennants, and other accolades make the Yankees the greatest franchise in all of organised sports.
    E

FWIW I've seen them a dozen times since '93 They were good, not great.

I like my Rage t-shirt.
    Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

old school

Quote Originally Posted by Caitlin View Post
    It was the sound, which FYI, sucked at main stage all three days.
    Yes the sound was shitty all weekend there. I figured they would at least invest in professioals to run the boards all weekend. They completley murdered Sonic Youth's sound. Fucking Assholes. RHCP sound was the shittiest by far. THey murdered they're set too. I thought Rage's sound was decent though. I could'nt believe how loud it was for J&MC.

I've never seen Rage live, and I loved it.

Adam2uBer - He talked about the problem (which he identified as a system in which countries have to survive in order to start wars with other countries and profit off their demise) not being something to be solved by fighting against an administration, but that it went much deeper and was something we continually have to fight through each generation.

The best part was, he smiled right before he launched into the speech. A great moment.

I dont know in my opinion Rage rocked the house, people climbing the soundstage and huge pits, its first time rage has played in 7 years, a little rusty

first rage performance--thought i was i never gonna see one of my fav bands. and i was plleeeeased. the crowd totally FUCKED ME UP. i was next to a rail so i was able to tell security to get me the fuck out... i thought i could take it but damn no way-- i was dehydrated and starving for the longest time cause of waiting past roots, willie, crowded house (sucked!)and manu chiao at the same place. anyways, security routed me out after the first 3 songs towards the exit which was on the way to the direct FRONT OF THE STAGE, so i got to see ratm right in front for a few seconds!! my god it was tight.

i had to enjoy it from the back left, but it was tight none the less

i wish there was an encore. i thought there was gonna be a che gueverra flag roll down in place of manu ciao's--or some other decoration other than the star on the bass drum. they ended almost exactly at 12am, as if they had to stick to the schedule. zack's hair is cool. his voice is the same.

met some really down to earth people, including some cool japanese people--talked to them in japanese i learned from college. but who gives a shit..

EVERYTHING WAS TIGHT. SOME OF THOSE THAT BURN CROSSES, ARE THE SAME THAT HOLD OFFICE.

fdsafdsafdsa!!

why the fuck do you guys like willie nelson? i could understand his son (rocked onthe guitar) but willie nelson?

saw some guy who looked exactly like him after the rage performace when walking toward the coachella exit. "willeeeeee!"

after the concert i cleaned my nose--full of coachella dust. exit after parking was a bitch. i wish i brought food and water.

Rage sucked, Infected Mushroom killed it............. That was one of the best shows on Sunday.
    "my ovaries are bigger than your testicles"

"Procrastination is like masturbation...It feels good until you realize you're screwing yourself"

Quote Originally Posted by GTI_GRL View Post
    Rage sucked, Infected Mushroom killed it............. That was one of the best shows on Sunday.
    You like Madonna, therefore your opinion does not matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Ill_Eagle View Post
    You like Madonna, therefore your opinion does not matter.

I second that statement. If you weren't able to feel that show you must have been hiding under a rock to escape the insanity.

Utter gayness!!!

Rage fucking rocked...

Who ever said Rage sucked is blind, dumb, and deaf. I've seen bands live from A to Z. I've been to coachella for the last four years. Where were you standing, at the Gobi Tent? Considering the acoustics of an outdoor stage, they rocked it. Next time try to stand closer to a speaker or the sound booth. And coachella's sound does not suck. For an outdoor festival it's one of the best there is.

I was left center, started about 20 rows back. By the end, I was 5th row back and about 5 rows away from the center barricade. I was about 15 rows back for the majority of the show. I wasn't feeling it otherwise I would have been closer as I'm 6 feet, 210. where were you? This was my 2nd Coachella and last year wins easily.

Your life is a disappointment

Talking Re: Rage was a disappointment

you have a picture of a fake ass ameribrit so fuck you rage are patriots like we have never had.

Smile Re: Rage was a disappointment

Quote Originally Posted by Adam2uBer View Post
    I left after 5 songs.

He didn't talk to the crowd...I was expecting some sort of speech or something. Did he even talk?
    think man for a second if you have 60,000+ angry fans that are fed up with this regime, then you add "RAGE" he says a few words that we all know and feel allready he gets all pumped and ready to go nuts... then you have a riot...so think next time...

Well if you only stayed for 5 songs then why would you exect a speech? He did say something you missed it...tough shit. Rage was great just what i expected. Boo ho to those that didnt have a good time. RHCP sucked by the way. The sound was horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by silvalex View Post
    Your life is a disappointment
    common quote from a teen