Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tiesto. Ugh.

Default Tiesto. Ugh.

Could Tiesto have more of a God complex? That intro was unbelievable. I seriously laughed out loud and left to grab a shower.
    Someone should jam a panda up his peehole.
    Fuck Tiesto and his overblown schtick.

Default Re: Tiesto. Ugh.

He was shit.
    I got hit on by a hottie that wanted me to come to Tiesto with her (from the Sahara) who broke my heart when she mentioned "yeah, Im here on a Senior Trip"

DAMMIT CRUEL FATES!!!!!
    This sig sponsored by Menocu« buttplugs.Menocu« butplugs are the only buttplugs Wykked Sceptre uses.

He was shit.
    I got hit on by a hottie that wanted me to come to Tiesto with her (from the Sahara) who broke my heart when she mentioned "yeah, Im here on a Senior Trip"

DAMMIT CRUEL FATES!!!!!
    lolololol....

Hey, some seniors are 18, right????

the beats were dope, but the synths, breakdowns and diva vocals were shyte.

FUCK TRANCE

Quote Originally Posted by Shyeviolett View Post
    lolololol....

Hey, some seniors are 18, right????
    Not this one.
    This sig sponsored by Menocu« buttplugs.Menocu« butplugs are the only buttplugs Wykked Sceptre uses.

Quote Originally Posted by Senor Cardgage View Post
    Not this one.
    In a lot of states (I don't know if Cali applies) the age of consent is 16.

Quote Originally Posted by neonxing23 View Post
    In a lot of states (I don't know if Cali applies) the age of consent is 16.
    Not if one of you is 32 though.

Not if one of you is 32 though.
    bah. just a technicality.

Banned

are you kidding me. Tiesto was arguable the greatest performance of the entire three days. The pyrotechnics were life altering and fucking EVERYONE was really into it. Are you fuckin kidding me?

Quote Originally Posted by tklint24 View Post
    are you kidding me. Tiesto was arguable the greatest performance of the entire three days. The pyrotechnics were life altering and fucking EVERYONE was really into it. Are you fuckin kidding me?
    No.

I am a huge EDM fan and Tiesto just does nothing for me.....but everyone is entitled to their opinion.

UMMMMM, Daft Punk. Remember that last year. NOTHING WILL EVER TOP THAT PERFORMANCE WHEN IT COMES TO AN ELECTRONIC ACT EVER. Everyone was into it cause they were rolling and tripping like you dont wanna know. And some people were probably so tired they just stayed cause they didnt wanna walk around and find somethign that was actually good. And guess what? JUSTICE > TIESTO HANDS DOWN. They did their s**t LIVE remember when Dj's used to do that?

NOTHING WILL EVER TOP THAT PERFORMANCE WHEN IT COMES TO AN ELECTRONIC ACT EVER.
    Amen.

Even the ramshackle Mondays performance was better than Tiesto's stale 1999 schtick.

Felt like I was at a rave in Cedar Rapids, Iowa or something.

Banned

Trance is dead.

E

Smile Re: Tiesto. Ugh.

Go ahead and argue it, then!

That was run of the mill stuff that should have died in 2002 when it was on its last legs. That Discovery Channel intro was outrageously lame and his track selection came off of "This is Trance!" compilations. I saw him when he was recording Magik 7 and he certainly hasn't evolved with the times. of course the kiddies ha a great time cuz they probably haven't had opportunities to see DJs of his "stature" in person other than to go to a massive.

LOL.. Tiesto had the longest intro ever.. I was seriously thinking "damn, is this going to be his entire set?"

OUTKAST 2014
    it's finally happening

R÷yksopp, FC Kahuna, TÚlÚpopmusik, The Knife, RJD2, Futue Sound of London, The Avalanches, 808 State, Zero 7, Tycho, Mr. Scruff

I have heard longer intros bwhahahha

but yeah, whatever he played lethal industry and pretty much most of his set was his own chunes

how many DJs can say that?

*coughpaulvandykcough*

Seemed like the same fuckin beat over and over and over and over...I just left.

FINALLY. I COMPLETELY AGREE.

Dude, whatever...everyone who can talk shit about that performance is obviously doing so because of their feelings towards Tiesto as being an "overrated dj" before seeing his set. Anyone who knows a God damn thing about electronica and appreciates Trance would have LOVED that set.
    http://www.myspace.com/caitapalooza
    WHITE CHICKS AND GANG SIGNS FTW

Sadly, what I didnt know is that commie chicks = lack of grooming technology + panties made of burlap = Vagina Crimes Against Humanity.

I caught Adagio For Strings after heading out from The Good, The Bad, and the Queen and it definetly sounded amazing coming out of that magnitude of a soundsystem on the main stage. I loved Damon saying something like, "Tiesto sounds like a really loud ice cream truck." haha. The Good, The Bad and The Queen definetly got screwed because Tiesto overpowered them on the outdoor stage...but both acts were pretty solid from what I heard.

lol, Tiesto is overrated but I like him.

Quote Originally Posted by Caitlin View Post
    about electronica and appreciates Trance would have LOVED that set.
    but anyone who knows anything about electronica knows Tiesto is horrible. I guess he would've been cool if you were really fucked up.

Dude, whatever...everyone who can talk shit about that performance is obviously doing so because of their feelings towards Tiesto as being an "overrated dj" before seeing his set. Anyone who knows a God damn thing about electronica and appreciates Trance would have LOVED that set.
    Totally agree. I was really into it and i was dancing like a maniac...so was everyone else...

his set did everything it was supposed to: MAKE PEOPLE DANCE AND HAVE A GOOD TIME. get over yourselves.

thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by breakjaw View Post
    I hope noone stab me with belt bucklez while I line dancing so fast in Skoal Tent,please peoplez!

LOfuckinL!! are YOU fuckin kidding ME? im no tiesto hater, and his set wasnt bad, but the best set of all 3 days? NOT EVEN CLOSE! and if those pyrotechnics were life altering to you, you need to go to more shows, fuckin newb.

I avoided Tiesto, but I had to laugh when I could hear him bitching over the PA over having a short set because of "unimportant bands playing too long taking away from me putting shlocky trance records on turntables" (ok he didn't say exactly that but his attitude reeked)

You guys shouldof been watching Bassnectar at the do lab instead.

i really hope you're being sarcastic. otherwise, you have proven that you know absolutely NOTHING about electronic music.

I went to Cornelius instead. Cornelius killed.

Quote Originally Posted by full on idle View Post
    You guys shouldof been watching Bassnectar at the do lab instead.
    bassnectar went off!

Quote Originally Posted by KenMixtape View Post
    I avoided Tiesto, but I had to laugh when I could hear him bitching over the PA over having a short set because of "unimportant bands playing too long taking away from me putting shlocky trance records on turntables" (ok he didn't say exactly that but his attitude reeked)
    I kept glancing at the time also because the Chili Peppers went over their time and Tiesto finally got on around 11:20. Which made me a bit more surprised that he had to do that impossibly long intro.

Tiesto should know better and I'm not meaning to pile on the guy but club DJs should be accustomed to playing for 3 or 4 hours at a time. With a one hour slot you are really limited to what you can do. Getting a late start helps you even less. The fact that intro took so long to get through absolutely makes me think the guy has a god complex. He didn't even need to bring a record bag. That set seemed kind of, oh I don't know, programmed in advance.

I realize there are a lot of younger fans who are seething at the rants being thrown against their dutch hero. Arguing whether he was good or not, objectively, is quite useless because some people are destined to hate him and some are 100% loyal for the time being. I've seen a lot of this type of act in my day and I've simply moved on to bigger and better things.

He lucked out that he got to play with the loudest sound system at the festival; a shame guys like Evil Nine didn't get that chance.