Thread: Message to onsite camping security and staff!!

The murder capital where we murder for capital

Default Message to onsite camping security and staff!!

I would like some explanations on why it was a good idea to no longer let campers enter the campground through the closest entrance after the end of the show Sunday night? The security guards that weren't allowing people in said they were told to redirect everyone the same direction? I don't understand how that was a good a thing or what purpose that served.

Next issue is with the staff running the entrance/exit nearest the showers. WTF? They randomly decided mid day on Saturday that it was an exit only and EVERYONE had to reenter through the main camping entrance including those without bags or tents. My fucking hands were empty and I had to walk through the damn check in line again? Made no sense whatsoever.

LAST BUT CERTAINLY NOT FUCKING LEAST

Who got shook down by the campgroun staff late at night? We had staffers come intimidate us for beers, cigarettes, weed or food. They literally tried rolling us in the middle of the night so they could party. NOT FUCKING COOL. They finally left with a few cigarettes.

Anyone else encounter this bullshit?

Banned

Default Re: Message to onsite camping security and staff!!

Nope. Little-to-no complaints here.

E

Yea, that having to walk all the way to the front shit was retarded. BUT I did not hear a single "moo" or "Baaaaa" this year....
    Someone should jam a panda up his peehole.
    Fuck Tiesto and his overblown schtick.

I was able to go to the campground entrance directly after RAGE, but I could probably tell you why they stopped letting that happen. THEY WERE SWARMED. There was no way they could actually check everyones wrist band because they would have become victims of a stampede. So I say they decided to make everyone go in the main entrance to properly check wristbands.

Lurker

Yeah that re-directing ppl thing was retarded. It still doesn't make sense to me. Just as many ppl will have to have their wristband checked whether it happens at the front or back entrance.

My biggest complaint, however, was trying to get out of the campers lot. I finally got out of the car, walked to the front and saw someone directing traffic. The only problem is that he forget to tell pedestrians to stop when he was trying to get cars moving. We ended up turning around and going out another exit, which luckily moved much quicker.

They wanted to get your "stuff" to sell it themselves.

I want to know, what the fuck was up with the showers? I had to wait an hour and a half and I was there at 7:00 am. On the north west corner, there were only 3 showers open, with a shit load of people waiting at each.

Keeping the bathrooms stocked??? No tp, paper towels or water??????
    "my ovaries are bigger than your testicles"

"Procrastination is like masturbation...It feels good until you realize you're screwing yourself"

sounds like off-site camping was the way to go. we had peaceful canadians (no riots), short shower lines, and we were much more comfortable it sounds like.

Lurker

You people need to stop complaining and learn how to work the system. Become everyones friend. My crew got to know the security staff and cops and they never really bothered us once. The cops rolled by us as we sat outside our tent at 6:30 in the morning after the riot night and our floor was filled with beer cans and they did say a work about it. Instead they were like hey you want to hear our "war stories" (the shit they had to deal with since the event has started). The security and cops are really chilled but they still have to do there job, so if they get stern with ya its because you are doing something dumb or someone above them is watching em work.

- C

Lurker

Oh and camping was $45 bucks for four night, so don't go thinking you'll be pampered.

aprillynnn

Thursday night/Friday morning was horrible. All the trash by the food area, no trash cans to be seen there, just one that was overflowing. Shouldn't there be like a clean up crew from the moment the campers got there? Didn't make sense. I am thinking the the staff wasn't prepared for the amount of people that arrived on Thurs. Hopefully next year they get their act together from the get go.

Maybe jack up the camping ticket price from $45 to $48 (extra $3) to ensure that at least the porta potties will be useable, and supplies will the there, maybe extra trash cans?

Can't wait till next year!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by nueve View Post
    I was able to go to the campground entrance directly after RAGE, but I could probably tell you why they stopped letting that happen. THEY WERE SWARMED. There was no way they could actually check everyones wrist band because they would have become victims of a stampede. So I say they decided to make everyone go in the main entrance to properly check wristbands.

uh...it was the same deal entering on the opposite fence on Sunday as it was entering the night before. Same number of staff checking wristbands. One of the staff workers at our "regular" re-entry point said there was a "huge mess" and we had to go around. I could only imagine one of the Port-o-pottys had been damaged and was leaking into our path somewhere. like we really would of cared tho...many had no showers all weekend.

lowfront

The only thing about camping that flipped me out

NO SHOWERS SUNDAY NIGHT!!!

WTF!!!!

I couldn't believe it. There they are worrying about riots and they decide to close the showers on the most important night for showers.

I had rage shit all over me, no showers, had to travel all day long on monday all nasty shitty....

God awful.

Glad I missed all that crap. Off site camping is the way to go.

Living in Palm Springs & sleeping in your own bed is the best.
    Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

Lurker

Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    Living in Palm Springs & sleeping in your own bed is the best.

Agreed. Living in Indio,..even better.

maybe for one weekend. what about the other 362 days of the year, though?

i had to travel monday still smelling from the rage concert, that sucked.

i think if there were things to do at night, like the movie screen thursday night, things would have went a lot better. From what i saw of the so called "riot" it was just a bunch of people hanging out like you would see at any random house party, except they were outside and there were more people. It only turned into a "riot" because riot police and a helicopter showed up.

maybe an organized bon fire, or the bar open later one of the nights for kareokee (sp?) in a designated noisy, no sleep, part of the camp would keep unorganized events from heading the wrong direction

my fav part was the tight security on checking our cooler for beer on thrsday.
    one security guy by the second entrance wasnt going to let this guy in with a cooler FULL of beer cans. then just waved him in , saying.."i didnt see a thing."

i feel bad for the clean up crew...what a bunch of pigs the camperswere...shit everywhere...disgusting not to mention the parking lots. Least get it near the G. cans.

yeah and why no bar open on sunday or showers!!!!! thank god for the hamburger guys...LOVE THEM!!!!!!!!!!
    "I am just a watery Tart with a sword in her hand."