Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Worst of Coachella

Default Re: The heat

Quote Originally Posted by DemianMagallan View Post
    The worst thing of Coachella was no doubt the heat in the tent at 10 am, when there was nothing else to do but stay in line under the sun for hours to take a shower, which was the best of Coachella though. I heard that the heat was more than 100 F degrees, God... that's hot. Portable toilets aren't the best in the world neither, but the staff kept'em clean as possible. Thank u guys.
    10am?? we were up by 7:30 at the latest because of the heat.

i love coachella, but god damn i was miserable with allergies. I tried all kinds of medicine but no luck. Claratin helped but there was too much dirt and dried up grass. Im a coachella vet, and its never been that bad
    can i borrow your waffle maker?

Default Re: Worst of Coachella

no way was the Sahara tent too loud- it was set off by itself far enough away from the important stages that they could blast shit as loud as they wanted. plus, it's dance music; it's supposed to be loud.

of montreal and hot chip

The crowed for girl talk. if you were one of the peices of shit who wanted to start a ficking pit instead of dance, let me know, so i can beat the shit out of you, you peice of shit. still, im glad i left early and got a better spot for RHCP, who i was rediculously stoked for. asses to all you message board haters, i love arcade fire but their set sucked and you know it. super boring and not nearly enough funeral.

i seriously love coachella. Whose camping next year?

Edit: AND ANOTHER THING!
    Amy Winehouse sucked huge balls. Lauren Hill Should fucking stab her to death and shit on her corpse for such a horrible rendition of that thing. i was kind of into amy winehouse before coachella, but she was horrible.
    peace out
    Last edited by EralisAwesome; 05-01-2007 at 05:41 PM.

Tapes n tapes. couldn't finish their set

Lurker

Quote Originally Posted by theclashrocker View Post
    Rory Erikson. 70 year olds playing before Nightwatchman. Need I say more. Id agree with the Feeling remark though too.

Peaches are shit. You're an idiot if you were even there to see them. They haven't done anything significant for 20+ years.

Last I knew, Peaches was the woman and her supporting band...and she a librarian less than 20 years ago. She's been performing for maybe, what 15, max? I'm not sure if you're joking or confused.

Quote Originally Posted by Weatherman View Post
    "See, even the train agrees with me!"

My personal loathes:

Lily Allen: She lipsyncs. What a fucking joke.
    Um... you can not like her (I think she's just ok)

However.

She didn't lipsynch. I was on side stage for it and you must not know what lipsynching is. I'm not saying she's a great vocalist or anything - but your reason for her being bad is just incorrect.
    The Glitter Freeze

Coachella 99-10 Vet, the run has ended in 2011

FOR ME...

the worst of Coachella was the size - I'm sorry I keep saying this every year and this year they have finally broken the pony. I don't find it enjoyable fighting for a viewing spot every act at every stage.

60,000 is just too many damn people for those tents - sorry GV unless this is corrected you will lose an eight time veteran.
    The Glitter Freeze

Quote Originally Posted by offyerhead View Post
    Guess no one else say Happy Mondays. It was a car crash. Shaun has forgotten almost all the lyrics to his songs. Using two teleprompters didn't seem to help. It was a car crash from start to finish.

Can't see any promoter signing the Mondays up until he gets his shit together.
    I waited 16 years to see Happy Mondays and to see Tony Wilson (cane n' all) introduce them was wonderful.

Then ......... what a complete and utter train wreck Shaun is. I was 5 rows from the front and noticed the 'prompter being set up. There were difficulties with it and he kept missing his cues and then he started mouthing at the drummer who I thought was going to deck Shaun and then the keyboardist. All this and then there were 3 or 4 guys running around backstage trying to fix whatever was wrong. I left after 25mins, saddened.

I am so disappointed. I know he wasn't a saint and is a bit messed up at the best of times but this was dire.

Lurker

man o' man. Unless you got burned by the Will Call line, got beat up or robbed or had to get medical attention you really can't complain. I mean if 3 days rocking in the desert to such an awesome smorgasboard of music doesn't leave you happy & not worrying about any minor BS, it seems to me you gotta be pretty miserable. There's not much post Coachella that makes me wanna sqauk about the past weekend. & I even got puked on! haha.

The WTF section: Kings of Leon bad? That set felt like a legit ROCK concert, straight out of Almost Famous or Lords of Dogtown.
    Also, How the hell can anyone say Arcade Fire was bad...just plain ignorant. The only criticism i've ever heard about them comes from tiesto loving tards on this board.[/QUOTE]

Thank you! KoL rocked! Oh for much such bands! The two hours or so of KoL and Arcade Fire were my personal highlight.

I found Silversun Pickups underwhelming along with The Good The Bad and The Queen---expected so much more there. Tokyo Police Club was completely underwhelming. Sparklehorse sounded awful. Blonde Redhead--beyond boring.

The Feeling. Their probably an alright band, but with a large portion of the crowd waiting for Rage, they definately wernt well received.

Does anyone remember which dj it was that had Journey in their set? my memory is a little hazy....

INFECTED MUSHROOM FUCKING SUCKED! Someone seriously needs to sit them down and explain to them (particularly to Duvdev) that they are NOT a rock band.

Quote Originally Posted by chaosengineering View Post
    The Feeling. Their probably an alright band, but with a large portion of the crowd waiting for Rage, they definately wernt well received.

Does anyone remember which dj it was that had Journey in their set? my memory is a little hazy....
    At first I thought so too, but then I realized it was more of their overblown efforts to "rock out" with their brand of music that kind of killed it for me. I was just bored even though they were doing their very best to go nuts. One of them also looked to be about 14 years old and a member of the Vienna Boys Choir.

The Heat (God it sucks)

Quote Originally Posted by Boredjd3 View Post
    The WTF section: Kings of Leon bad? That set felt like a legit ROCK concert, straight out of Almost Famous or Lords of Dogtown.
    Also, How the hell can anyone say Arcade Fire was bad...just plain ignorant. The only criticism i've ever heard about them comes from tiesto loving tards on this board.

I actually said Kings of Leon because I personally have never been able to stomach their music, their performance to me was not better then anything else they have done but that is because I don't like them to begin with. And before you say "why the fuck did you see them then?" I needed to get a good spot for Arcade Fire
    Quote Originally Posted by superfan View Post
    And I have a dick for you to eat if youre hungry still.

Quote Originally Posted by C DUB YA View Post
    She didn't lipsynch. I was on side stage for it and you must not know what lipsynching is. I'm not saying she's a great vocalist or anything - but your reason for her being bad is just incorrect.
    Tell me what was up with the vocal track that played when she fucked up on "Nan you're a window shopper" then.

Granted, I still listen to her music, and maybe she's not exactly a 'lip-syncer', but that moment really ruined her performance for me.

Too many dj/dance areas now. Feels unbalanced. Couldn't walk practically anywhere without the contstant "unc unc unc". I do think that there should be one outside area for dance music because the Sahara has to be blazing hot. I even liked a few of the dj's in the Dance Dome but felt it was way too loud, the sound bled way far and it was very instrusive. The Do Lab didn't seem to be as invasive, however, it was really kind of in the way when trying to navigate across the field.

too many people, every year it seems to get more crowded.

Angry Re: Worst of Coachella --- Brazilian girls

By far, brazilian girls was awful. they changed the songs and added cheap ass annoying sound effects, and they couldnt get their sound right.

i left after 2 songs to go check out El P

Quote Originally Posted by d_apathy View Post
    this mika character was :husgh:
    I was so bored. And those little girls and gay guys next to me were having the time of their life. i was like "Cool, whatever- do you."

Hurry up and bring out Lupe! God, it was sooooo boring. The Jesus and Mary Chain was actually good- but I almost fell asleep during their performance- I think it's because i only had 3 hours of sleep. But when Bjork came out- it was like I had just had a Red Bull

This guy told me to stop singing during Bjork's set, when she was performing "Hunter". I wanted to punch him in the face so bad. I said to myself, "Bitch! I didn't pay all this money for nothing- the fucking Queen is on stage. I'm going to sing to sing as much as like along with the other hundreds of crazy motherfuckers."

How is he going to tell me to not sing, when there are like hundreds of other people singing along too- loudly?!

Quote Originally Posted by rebel86 View Post
    This guy told me to stop singing during Bjork's set, when she was performing "Hunter". I wanted to punch him in the face so bad. I said to myself, "Bitch! I didn't pay all this money for nothing- the fucking Queen is on stage. I'm going to sing to sing as much as like along with the other hundreds of crazy motherfuckers."

How is he going to tell me to not sing, when there are like hundreds of other people singing along too- loudly?!
    Somebody actually told you to stop singing?...that's fucked
    Quote Originally Posted by superfan View Post
    And I have a dick for you to eat if youre hungry still.

Quote Originally Posted by NZED34 View Post
    INFECTED MUSHROOM FUCKING SUCKED! Someone seriously needs to sit them down and explain to them (particularly to Duvdev) that they are NOT a rock band.
    Aw, I liked them Especially after standing through Happy Mondays. I've been listening to their early stuff, and what I saw that night was just disgusting in light of their earlier work.
    You came here to steal our great ideas! You've been foiled, we have none.

Quote Originally Posted by Weatherman View Post
    Tell me what was up with the vocal track that played when she fucked up on "Nan you're a window shopper" then.

Granted, I still listen to her music, and maybe she's not exactly a 'lip-syncer', but that moment really ruined her performance for me.
    All I heard was an echo off the effect mic. - possibly the backing track?
    The Glitter Freeze

Quote Originally Posted by bleep View Post
    too many people, every year it seems to get more crowded.
    Agreed.

So much for Paul T saying the attendance was going to be cut down. He says that every year I guess. Kinda BS if you ask me. Because it is getting a little too packed.

Ah the golden memories of 99, 01, 02 and 03, ahhhhh.
    The Glitter Freeze

Quote Originally Posted by leo01g View Post
    kaiser chiefs were awful i couldnt stand watching them but i really wanted to see placebo right after so i standed there listening to lame ass music.
    This is coming from big Placebo fan ... I thought the Kaiser Chiefs were awesome ... if you were anywhere near the front like I was, there was so much energy and they sounded great. Fantastic set list too ... outside of Rage, I think they were my #2 or 3 act of the weekend.

I thought they outperformed Placebo ... again, this is coming from a Placebo fan.

As for the Peter Bjorn & John comments ... the people swarmed out after Young Folks ... predictable, as mentioned, the beginning was rough, but they had energy and I thought they got exponentially better as the set went on, climaxing in a KILLER "Up Against the Wall" to end the set ... they were great.

Disappointing, Air, for obvious reasons ... the start of the Happy Mondays, train wreck, luckily, Step On saved it for me before I took off for Rage.

After 2005, The Arcade Fire were destined to let me down .. they were good ... but, there was no was they were going to match their Outdoor Theatre performance for me, which I was ten rows back for.

The worst, as it always is, are people who talk and scream during sets who have zero interest in seeing the band on stage ... they, are the worst.

Kings of Leon were one of the best I have seen at this festival. Something bad? Satellite Party, Fountains of Wayne, Travis...even Of Montreal...

AF was possibly the best of the festival!

My favorites this year were Placebo or Arctic Monkeys.........the worst was definately Happy Mondays and a totally fukin useless Sean Ryder (don't know why he even bothered to turn up!) - Also, Willie Nelson and his family of inbreds had a jammin session at the expense of both the organisers and their fans.