Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Worst of Coachella

Default Re: Worst of Coachella

Quote Originally Posted by Fuchikoma View Post
    This is true, but it actually made The Comedians Of Comedy's set funnier because they all got interupted at one point and were able to joke about it.
    "See, even the train agrees with me!"

My personal loathes:

RHCP: Wow. At first I thought it was just because the sound was bad, but I pretty much realized they put little effort into what they did. Terrible.

Hot Chip: Not bad, just dissapointed. At least !!! made up for it majorly.

Lily Allen: She lipsyncs. What a fucking joke.

parking...they wouldnt let me park on sunday after 8. Plus when i went to park on saturday i wasn't guided to a spot and had to park for myself. Which i wont complain about because i parked really close but they wouldnt let me walk to my car from the exit even though i could throw my shoe at it.
    lollipops and crisps

Quote Originally Posted by frijolesdelaolla View Post
    Tilly and the Wall was god damn awful.
    I agree with you ... it was my biggest disappointment. The sound was awful.

Air coming on 45 minutes late and only playing for about 1/2 hour. THOUGH, the set they did play was great. But being that late - even with Placebo getting off stage 5 minutes early (which sucked) - was really bad. It was the Sigur Ros of 2007.
    Last edited by NeverMyopic; 04-30-2007 at 08:13 PM.
    "Yeah chicks go nuts for that... the male camel toe."
    "Yea yea! The camel tail."

-Lupe Fiasco sucked. His banter with the crowd was boarderline retarded
    -Fat guys walking around in their underwear. We get it...grotesque irony. Could have done without that image burned in my brain.
    -$7 for a 12 ounce Heineken...ugh
    -VIP section......more SHIT section (except for the shade).
    -Lilly Allen. I think her album is ok, but maybe she should take that break. She couldn't remember a word to any of her songs. It was cute, but like watching a trainwreck.
    -Corn on a stick......after the initial 3rd degree burns I received on my tongue I guess it was ok. Do they really have to serve it that hot?

Tilly and the Wall were terrible, although my experience was hindered by the factt hat I neglected Of Montreal to appease my ladyfriend. Interpol was terribly boring. Sad, really. One of those sets that kind of makes you never want to listen to the albums again.

What was the deal with the parking on Sunday. I was made to park in a section that entered through the camping entrance yet am not allowed to go back through this area at the end of the night. I could see the car yet my objections were answered by "Well you shouldn't have parked there." A few complaints by the crowd and sandbag guns pop out. Good times. So I went around and by the time I returned to the other side of the barricade 30 minutes later, it had been opened up. Yay!

Ya, the feeling was not good, But I felt bad people were booing.. poor guy.. ya he sucks but just let him do this thing and then rage will play, no need to be mean cause he sucked.

Acts I didn't care for much:
    - Mika
    - The Feeling
    - Kaiser Chiefs (way over rated imho)
    - Placebo (they were OK)
    - Paul Van Dyke (though, I'm not much of a house music fan..if that's the genre)

I was a little disappointed with Damien Rice, who I've wanted to see for some time. I think he'd be much better suited for a smaller setting with more intimate arrangements. Some of the songs were kinda cool all reved up, and maybe he would have been able to mix up the dynamic more had Air not cut into his time, which was also a bummer (nothing against AIR).

Stuff that made my weekend:
    - Anathallo (first time I was truely taken by a band I knew nothing about at Coachella)
    - The Avett Bros.
    - Explosions in the Sky (probably the highlight of the day)
    - Rage Against the Machine (appeased the 15 year old inside me)

Quote Originally Posted by molocono View Post
    DJ SHADOW sucked ass!
    I thought Shadow was great. He was an excellent choice for that time slot. 'Midnight in a Perfect World' couldn't have been a better finale to such a great day!

I wasn't appalled by anything as I try not to go in with too many expectations. My minor letdown of the weekend was Felix da Housecat.
    His last set at Coachella was practically legendary [for me]. Dunno what happened. Too much showboating with nothing to back it up. Gave me reason to go catch other things (including Peaches who was...ok).

Decemberists were lame...Only problem with Rage was that it wasn't loud enough (I was standing next to those bleachers in the back
    Quote Originally Posted by yellowbird404 View Post
    I want to go but fuck, thats a lot of money...

The path back to Lots 5 & 6 was absolute HELL! Send thousands of people down a narrow, fenced path that isn't well lit then bottleneck everyone at the end. At least it wasn't 100 degrees. We had the dumb luck of getting stuck in 6 on Friday and 5 on Sunday - we left early on Sunday because of it.

SPARKLEHORSE.....that had to be the worst band I have seen in my entire life. I dont know how I ended up there but I was extremly happy to leave.

Quote Originally Posted by cityzun View Post
    What was up with the teleprompter on the floor for Happy Mondays? I'm not a fan of them, so I don't know if the dude singing was a guest artist or just didn't know his shit.
    seemed like he was beyond wasted - the only thing i know about them is from the movie 24 hour party people and that shows them being drug addicted alchoholics

Quote Originally Posted by Not Afraid View Post
    The path back to Lots 5 & 6 was absolute HELL! Send thousands of people down a narrow, fenced path that isn't well lit then bottleneck everyone at the end. At least it wasn't 100 degrees. We had the dumb luck of getting stuck in 6 on Friday and 5 on Sunday - we left early on Sunday because of it.
    This happened to us on Friday, cause we left after all the bands finished. It was hellish, but it was kinda funny when that guy behind us went "ARRGGGHHHH!" every five minutes.

We left early on Saturday and left on Sunday near the end of Rage, so we managed to avoid that shit on those days.

Member John Peel is My Co-pilot's Avatar

The only band I was really disappointed with was Of Montreal, probably because of the aforementioned sound mixing problems.
    Placebo not playing Nancy Boy or Pure Morning anymore sucks too.
    A teenage dream, so hard to beat...

Definate Worst: Sparklehorse, Peaches, Silversun Pickups (Followed a friend there and was thouroughly unimpressed by a decidedly average band), Bro Rage fans quoting borat and yelling at women who promptly responded with "fuck you"

The WTF section: Kings of Leon bad? That set felt like a legit ROCK concert, straight out of Almost Famous or Lords of Dogtown.
    Also, How the hell can anyone say Arcade Fire was bad...just plain ignorant. The only criticism i've ever heard about them comes from tiesto loving tards on this board.

1. The sound engineers in general. Too many delays and fuck ups during a lot of bands I saw this weekend (esp. cocorosie and peeping tom). Get that shit right next year guys, please!

2. Exiting the parking lots Sat. and Sun. night, but that's a given every year if you plan on staying till the end each day.

3. Bands: Cornelius & Air

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaSigChi4 View Post
    The Sahara should be dismantled and sent to Darfur.

E
    What are you, a blue hair??

The Sahara was bangin' all weekend....

My worst:

Of Montreal...sounded off, bad mixing..
    Rage.. was boring
    Arctic Monkeys..seemed disinterested to me.
    Air...aformentioned tech problems, 25 minute set..

Not bad considering I caught 50 different acts!!!

Disclosure - October 12 - Reno, NV.
    Treasure Island Music Festival - October 19 - San Francisco, CA.
    Portugal, The Man - October 22 - Reno, NV.
    Cut Copy - October 31 - Reno, NV.
    Phoenix w/ Alt-J - December 5 - Reno, NV.

COACHELLA '07, '08, '09, '11, '13

PEaches. and im a huge fan.

best thread ever
    coachella vet: 02, 03, 06, 07, 08, 09......
    http://mrgwillgo.blogspot.com/

Air was a fucking joke.

I really like them, too, and always have. Or did, at least. Until they made me wait almost an hour for their boring, bullshit set which then, in turn, cut short Damien Rice's electric, amazing performance.

FUCK YOU, FROGS!

Thumbs down Re: Worst of Coachella

Quote Originally Posted by tklint24 View Post
    TIESTO AND DJ SHADOW WERE BOTH INCREDIBLE. Crowded House and Mika sucked
    Now that's BS saying Crowded House sucked.

It's a bit hard to be at 100% when you've got brain-dead RATM fans throwing water bottles at you.

ANY OTHER BAND in the world, would have stop the set or lost the plot and turned out shit set under that unwelcome and undue fire, but the guys pulled it together and did a show for the real music fans who where there (not just CH fans, but others who wanted to check out what music was on offer).

It's a shame Paul Hester isn't with us anymore, he would have made those water bottles idoits look like real dickheads (after all he was the funniest man in rock - let him R.I.P.).

Air was my biggest disappointment. Major tech difficulties and then their first three songs were BORING, though it seemed to pick up a bit when I was walking off. Major buzz kill, thank god the Teddybears rocked so hard.

The Good, the Bad, and the Queen was drowned out by Tiesto. I couldn't hear a damn thing. Plus they started late.

Cocorosie made my ear bleed. It sounded like someone was killing a cat.
    I'm starving... let's get some f*ckin french toast!

air's technical difficulties. also blonde redheads set completely devoid of anything from 'misery is a butterfly'. complete disappointment.

So many smokers this year. You couldn't sit anywhere without gettin' hit by stray smoke or having to sit on people's old butts.

I smoke, but it started to wear me down. I actually even quit . . . for a couple of hours.

the fucking kaiser chiefs.

i had to stand through that crap to be up front for placebo. ruby ruby ruby? can we say "ruby soho?"

almost every song they did reminded me (in far too exact a way) of an older, better song by someone else.

not good. when i can think of 7 or 8 local bands that are just as good or better as a band that played coachella, something is wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by theclashrocker View Post
    Rory Erikson. 70 year olds playing before Nightwatchman. Need I say more. Id agree with the Feeling remark though too.

Peaches are shit. You're an idiot if you were even there to see them. They haven't done anything significant for 20+ years.
    Do you even know who Roky Erickson is???
    He sang for the 13th Floor Elevators out of Texas back in the late 60's... they are the American equivalent to Syd Barrett's Pink Floyd!
    3 steps from the bar... 2 steps from the floor... one step from the grave... and I'm havin' one more!

Against Me! was a real disappointment. I've seen them before, and it was one of my favourite shows, but this time they sounded terrible!

I also think their set time/stage sucked, but I suppose someone had to play at the time/place. I just wish they would've played later in the evening and/or in one of the tents. They're one of the bands that I like to get into the crowd and dance for, and I just couldn't do it in the 97 degree sun.

Quote Originally Posted by algunz View Post
    So many smokers this year. You couldn't sit anywhere without gettin' hit by stray smoke or having to sit on people's old butts.

I smoke, but it started to wear me down. I actually even quit . . . for a couple of hours.
    I completely agree... but it was just as bad for me last year. It seems like after coachella, my lungs feel like shit, and I cough a lot... takes a few days for it to go back to normal, and that's just from all the secondhand.

Quote Originally Posted by krisskross View Post
    i wasnt at all impressed by tiesto.
    tiesto fucking owned, that intro was awesome, his music belongs in the outdoors

id say the most dissapointing show was felix da housecat