Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Worst of Coachella

Default Re: Worst of Coachella

I heard that they were no good if you were sitting over in the tent thing, but that was hundreds of feet away (or something, I suck at distances). Explosions in the Sky were sensational.

P,B, & J put me to sleep.

I only wish the sound would have carried like Tiesto for Rage.

Banned

TIESTO AND DJ SHADOW WERE BOTH INCREDIBLE. Crowded House and Mika sucked

I was up front for PB&J and I thought they killed! It seemed like the crowd really loved them from where I was, but I didn't get to see the outskirts of the tent. Kind of surprising to read all of this.

I'd have to say they worst acts I saw were Tilly & the Wall and Rufus Wainwright (ugh, I got roped into that one for a couple of songs because of the person I went with). I was most disappointed with Air. I was raving about them to everyone I came with and met and they proceed to screw it all up.

Of Montreal

i was expecting something good/great...left 3 songs in. I think it was mostly due to there shitty sound set up...it sounded off

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ProEdge View Post
    explosions in the sky were pretty bad. I thought I was going to pass out from boredom. Their music makes good lullabys to put you to sleep.
    To each his own I suppose. The Sahara was just a KM away you know. Next time go in there, and don't come out. Ever.

E

I'm surprised more people aren't talking about Air. 35 minutes late, followed by the shortest, yet somehow most boring set I've ever seen from them. Thank g-d the Teddybears saved the night.

I also thought Tilly & the Wall was disappointing, though I saw a video of them on YouTube that made me think they might be. The tap dancing drummer is a cool gimmick and their music isn't bad, but those girls can't sing.
    2 out of 3 abominable snowmen prefer Coachella.

Happy Mondays.....terrible

Ghostface Killah was pretty bad too. He couldnt even finish a song.

The Roots were really great!!
    can i borrow your waffle maker?

I walked from Peaches. It was a pretty awful set.

I mostly heard a lot of mediocrity - it wasn't truely bad, just dull.

But, the worst of Coachella is always the heat.

julieta venegas
    Quote Originally Posted by lisa pea View Post
    I'm missing school Friday and Monday for Coachella...and I'm the teacher!

Regina Spektor, and the smell of the porto-potties
    Last edited by gaypalmsprings; 04-30-2007 at 06:54 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaSigChi4 View Post
    To each his own I suppose. The Sahara was just a KM away you know. Next time go in there, and don't come out. Ever.

E
    You're also forgetting about the outdoor stage, mojave, and gobi. Why relegate yourself to just ragging on the sahara tent? Well, to each his own I suppose.
    You came here to steal our great ideas! You've been foiled, we have none.

infected mushroom
    happy mondays
    tiesto

Quote Originally Posted by MusicIsMyBoyfriend View Post
    What?!?! AF saved my life..... not mention music. One of the best sets of the weekend IMHO.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltaSigChi4 View Post

Hahaha, that's what I was alluding to in my post, it was sort of tongue in cheek. But yes, I LOVE me some Arcade Fire.
    2005, 2007, 2011, 2012 W1, 2012 W2, 2013 W1, 2013 W2, 2014 W1, 2014 W2 and SOON 2015 W1 & 2015 W2!!

Quote Originally Posted by daft$tar View Post
    infected mushroom
    happy mondays
    tiesto
    What was up with the teleprompter on the floor for Happy Mondays? I'm not a fan of them, so I don't know if the dude singing was a guest artist or just didn't know his shit.
    You came here to steal our great ideas! You've been foiled, we have none.

Agent Orange

The worst part about Coachella was the 2 hour wait to get in from the camp ground on friday in 100+ weather! That was bullshit!!!!!!!

and waiting over an hour for Air! what the fuck!

Whoever the fuck was in charge of the monitors at the Bjork show made her set unwatchable. She sounded amazing, great new versions of fave songs, but the camera asshole kept showing hands on computers and the chicks playing the horns, with only occasional glimpses of Bjork. What the f-ing fuck was that about?!? We came to SEE Bjork, not the giant hands of who-the-fuck-knows playing a laptop.

old school

5.Peaches I dn't stick around cause she started so late. Caught the last song & am glad i didn't. When did she turn into an ensemble?
    4. Shadow, wen't ghetto on our asses but pulled out some classics.
    3. DJ Heather, mixing CDs is LAME.
    2. THe Music Institute dropouts that ran sound for Sonic Youth.
    #1 Richie Hawtin yr a fuckin legend in Techno so do something innovative for a change & hang up yr minimalist bullshit. It wouldn't hurt to change the Bassline at least once within 25 miniutes either.

I liked everyone I saw Coachella. But the Sound guys did make CocoRosie sound bad! Ill have to check them out at a club show!
    And Blonde Redhead had a hard time with there sound guy!

old school

Lilly Allen gets an honorable mention for her vengeful dumb song about small dicks she's sucked & fucked! Shallow fuckin cunt. She problably sits there & lets the dude do all the work anyway.

Steve Aiokis' DJing attempt and Mickey Avalon on the same stage as the Happy Mondays... Imagine how many people they let blow a load in their face to be able to do what they did? They both come from the same batch of crud muffins!!!

Lurker

Lily Allen - She was certainly the weakest act I saw this year. She kept screwing up, and while she at least acknowledged it and was self-depreciating, I expect far better from an act who knows they are playing a major music festival. Maybe she had stage fright or maybe she improved after I left for Air (ha!)

Air - Late =p

Celebrity singing & the Golden Voice (?) Projection Screen Camera people - I paid $300 to see musicians. I neither care to hear celebrities’ mediocre singing, nor care to see close ups of Paris Hilton or any other celebrity. If I wanted to hear celebrities sing, I'd buy their crap CDs. If I wanted to see celebrities on screen, I'd watch E! or download Paris Hilton's DVD.
    Last edited by eefeef; 04-30-2007 at 07:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Omar1 View Post
    I loved the feeling, the worst has to be the amount of shirtless jocks walking around saying "bro I cant wait for RAGE!!!!! fuck yeah bro!!!!!"
    Yes! I thought there was something a little different this year. I saw so many dudes that looked and sounded exactly the same.

This weekend there were great sets and not so great sets...
    the Top 5: NOT-SO-GOOD:
    1. Air- I was really excited about this act, because I thought they rocked in 04', but this year they were late and uninspirational.
    2. DJ Shadow- again real excited, but because I left Bjork early to see him and he was a late and having a tift with someone backstage was unappealing.
    3. Beer Prices: I don't know if we do not do enough bitching about this, but why do beer prices have to be a huge burden on us.
    4. Comedians of Comedy: died up there, anytime they needed a laugh they had to resort to a shit or fart joke.
    5. ghetto bird: the cops were above my tent in a helicopter telling all the campers that they had to go to bed now.

Krazy Kampers

Default The heat

The worst thing of Coachella was no doubt the heat in the tent at 10 am, when there was nothing else to do but stay in line under the sun for hours to take a shower, which was the best of Coachella though. I heard that the heat was more than 100 F degrees, God... that's hot. Portable toilets aren't the best in the world neither, but the staff kept'em clean as possible. Thank u guys.

The camping was a little bit noisy at night, but everybody was having fun... Everybody, even the guys on the Indio Police helicopter, flying at 4 am on sunday because of some drinking guys outside (and inside) the camping site and parking lot. (Yes, there where drugs like alcohol inside.)

I realy enjoyed the experience of being in touch with a lot of amazing bands and djs, and surrounded by beautiful girls from many different countries.

Tapes N' Tapes, mostly because I absolutely LOVE their EPs, but I thought they had no personality whatsoever on stage. More disappointing than "Worst." =(

Of Montreal.

Peeping Tom.....sucked bad.

LCD was a huge disappointment for some reason too. Not sure why.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

The alcoholic beverages... they need more choices than beer and wine margaritas.
    Red Hot Chilli Peppers set was the worst.... the new music was crap.

Even though Air was late and played a short set they played well

Quote Originally Posted by asancho View Post
    Of Montreal was the worst...ever....hands down

Tokyo Police club dissapointed me too too many technical difficulties, and wtf was up with the drummer? He couldnt keep a beat worth shit, especially with the newer songs. The singer even looked embarassed at one point.

RHCP rocked the house, as did the arctic monkeys, !!!, and the Roots

my 2 cents
    i agree with tokyo police club....
    but of montreal was only terrible because of the sound system. at some points he just put down his guitar and stopped. it was really a shame...