Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Worst of Coachella

Default Re: Worst of Coachella

RHCP were a waste of time,
    MOST OVER RATED BAND EVER!!!

you know what i really hated...that train sounding off all the time. it annoyed me.

Quote Originally Posted by theclashrocker View Post
    Peaches are shit. You're an idiot if you were even there to see them. They haven't done anything significant for 20+ years.
    Hasn't Peaches only been around for like 10 years?

I didn't watch any bad sets in their entirety -- too many other things to see. But I did intentionally walk away from the Arctic Monkeys and Junior Boys.

Paul van dyk sucked a chode,i swear he played the same song the whole way thru sooooo annoying,benni bennassi brought down the house tho!

Paul is dead

Quote Originally Posted by krisskross View Post
    you know what i really hated...that train sounding off all the time. it annoyed me.
    Yes, that was annoying

"Batshit crazy Bjork fans. If you didn't invest time in watching some of the earlier main stage acts to get a good spot for her, don't be a cunt and start acting like you're RATM fans [pushing]. If I had the space to turn around and clock a few of you, I would've."

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

junior boys and the feeling.

*gags*

Quote Originally Posted by idrive1life View Post
    Thank God I'm not in most of the shows mentioned but I don't trust most of you anymore because these might be same people posting that "Interpol is great." or their highlight. Arrgh!
    I'm one of those people! Everyone is entitled to their opinion, and I think they're great.

I'm glad I didn't make it over to see Of Montreal from what I'm hearing here. My disappointment, Tokyo Police Club.

(my highlight The Jesus and Mary Chain, hands down)

I Don't think I saw anyone truly crappy, but I will say I was disappointed in Rufus Wainwright's set. I absolutely adore him, but the set just seemed to drag.
    2005, 2007, 2011, 2012 W1, 2012 W2, 2013 W1, 2013 W2, 2014 W1, 2014 W2 and SOON 2015 W1 & 2015 W2!!

Satellite Party was awful.

Peter Bjorn & John were a total letdown.

The first song was riddled with technical difficulties, rhythm was off, beat was off, vocals were off. They brought absolutely no energy to their set. Then Bjorn would yap in his broken English for minutes between songs with dead silence in the tent. (Take a lesson from Interpol, just shut up and play, especially if you don't speak English) Meanwhile, you could hear MSTRKRFT fucking going off in the Sahara. Then, when PB&J could have redeemed themselves with Amsterdam, they do some bullshit acoustic version with no beat.

They sucked, and that sucks, because I was looking forward to them alot.

i agree peter bjorn and john were disappointing and i wasn't surprised that people were walking out of their set in droves after a couple songs. but they weren't as bad as the happy mondays. their set seemed like a rehearsal.

The Jesus and Mary Chain. I love their music, but Jim had absolutely no stage presence.

Quote Originally Posted by Keo345 View Post

The first song was riddled with technical difficulties, rhythm was off, beat was off, vocals were off. They brought absolutely no energy to their set. Then Bjorn would yap in his broken English for minutes between songs with dead silence in the tent. (Take a lesson from Interpol, just shut up and play, especially if you don't speak English) Meanwhile, you could hear MSTRKRFT fucking going off in the Sahara. Then, when PB&J could have redeemed themselves with Amsterdam, they do some bullshit acoustic version with no beat.

They sucked, and that sucks, because I was looking forward to them alot.

Whew... glad I chose not to leave Travis early to go see them then.
    2005, 2007, 2011, 2012 W1, 2012 W2, 2013 W1, 2013 W2, 2014 W1, 2014 W2 and SOON 2015 W1 & 2015 W2!!

Quote Originally Posted by tigglybitch View Post
    Satellite Party...Why did Perry call me "Delicious"?
    Aw, I thought they were fun.

This was 110% predictable.
    Just Say No to eurotrash nonsense. Rock n' roll will set you free.

Arcade Fire........ That was the worst set of the weekend I'm glad I left to catch the Ed Banger krew...
    Ive got the demons in me, Ive got to brush them all away.......

Quote Originally Posted by tigglybitch View Post
    Satellite Party...Why did Perry call me "Delicious"?
    He is soooooo FLAMING. Literally, he was fanning the flames of his faggotry.
    An elegant death by glow sticks.

...05',06',07',08',09',10',11',12',13' and counting...

Quote Originally Posted by I'm Rosetta Stoned View Post
    Arcade Fire........ That was the worst set of the weekend I'm glad I left to catch the Ed Banger krew...
    What?!?! AF saved my life..... not mention music. One of the best sets of the weekend IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm Rosetta Stoned View Post
    Well coming from the QOTSA prediction person yeah that sounds right. Oh you got them advertising the new album though. So you get points for that. AF was really good, I left early to catch JUSTICE which destroyed, but since very few people actually witnessed this I know I am adressing deaf ears. AIR dissapointed cause the Outdoor Theatre crew didnt have it together AT ALL the whole weekend. DJ Shadow ended good since he played Rabbit in Your Headlights. Tiesto was just filler dance music for me, obviously a lot of people will say it was "mindblowing", b.s it wasnt. PB&J was cool, I had fun and got their setlist so ya know how that goes. !!! Blew through roof off the Mojave afterwards, sadly I had to leave midway but I got soem good video. OK I am done rambling.

Originally Posted by suprefan
    I left early to catch JUSTICE which destroyed, but since very few people actually witnessed this I know I am adressing deaf ears.
    I was front row for Busy P/DJ Medhi and Justice. But for justice there were tons of people. Busy and Medhi only had around 300 to rock out with, but man they made some noise .

Benny Benassi was a bit boring. All of his songs sounded too similar. He followed Felix Da Housecat, so that didnt help Benny at all.

Quote Originally Posted by theclashrocker View Post
    Red Hot's were a dissapointment? Did you see the same show? or were you so high that you forgot the whole set?
    red hot was TERRIBLE. i ran away like they were the plague. one of the worst coachella headliners EVER!!!!!!

For me the worst ones were, Interpol, CSS and Peter Bjorn and John.

Quote Originally Posted by theburiedlife View Post
    I was front row for Busy P/DJ Medhi and Justice. But for justice there were tons of people. Busy and Medhi only had around 300 to rock out with, but man they made some noise .
    Yeah it did get packed, but still. The Sahara feels so small now!!!!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by MusicIsMyBoyfriend View Post
    What?!?! AF saved my life..... not mention music. One of the best sets of the weekend IMHO.
    http://www.coachella.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7363

E

Banned

The Sahara should be dismantled and sent to Darfur.

E

Quote Originally Posted by newalias View Post
    He is soooooo FLAMING. Literally, he was fanning the flames of his faggotry.
    I'm female, and for some reason, I find Perry Farrell incredibly attractive.

Quote Originally Posted by krisskross View Post
    This is true, but it actually made The Comedians Of Comedy's set funnier because they all got interupted at one point and were able to joke about it.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaSigChi4 View Post
    Batshit crazy Bjork fans. If you didn't invest time in watching some of the earlier main stage acts to get a good spot for her, don't be a cunt and start acting like you're RATM fans [pushing]. If I had the space to turn around and clock a few of you, I would've.
    Yes. I gave up after a while and went to sit in the back, because all the pushing was really negatively effecting my enjoyment of the set. I even got bruises from that shit.

The first song was riddled with technical difficulties, rhythm was off, beat was off, vocals were off. They brought absolutely no energy to their set.
    They seemed to have problems during their Conan O'Brien performance too. But they played the Roxy here in LA back in February and totally rocked it, so I guess it's hit-or-miss with these guys. I thought their Coachella set wasn't horrible, but it definitely wasn't the best either.

Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    AF was really good, I left early to catch JUSTICE which destroyed, but since very few people actually witnessed this I know I am adressing deaf ears.
    I was there! So good! Justice killed it live. The crowd was really small for Busy P and DJ Medhi, and then got a bit bigger for Justice but was still relatively intimate compared to LCD Soundsystem. But of those people there for Justice, everyone was really super into it, which was awesome. They definitely got the party going.

Quote Originally Posted by Alejo View Post
    CSS
    No.

explosions in the sky were pretty bad. I thought I was going to pass out from boredom. Their music makes good lullabys to put you to sleep.