Page 1 of 11 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Worst of Coachella

Hybrid View

Default Worst of Coachella

The Feeling

Default Re: Worst of Coachella

Peaches. Ugh.
    Just Say No to eurotrash nonsense. Rock n' roll will set you free.

Quote Originally Posted by CiderMouseRules View Post
    Peaches. Ugh.
    I had a fun time during her set. Definitely wasn't bored. It was junk food.

Quote Originally Posted by SojuGorae View Post
    I had a fun time during her set. Definitely wasn't bored. It was junk food.
    Junk food is fine. I don't want it at Coachella.
    Just Say No to eurotrash nonsense. Rock n' roll will set you free.

Quote Originally Posted by CiderMouseRules View Post
    Junk food is fine. I don't want it at Coachella.
    yeah why have junk food when you could have been seeing Jesus and Mary Chain?

DJ SHADOW sucked ass!

this mika character was :husgh:

Kings of Leon
    Quote Originally Posted by superfan View Post
    And I have a dick for you to eat if youre hungry still.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomThom View Post
    Kings of Leon
    What!? They were amazing they sounded way better that there cd's!!! They kicked so much ass!!

Kings of Leon were one of the best I have seen at this festival. Something bad? Satellite Party, Fountains of Wayne, Travis...even Of Montreal...

Quote Originally Posted by d_apathy View Post
    this mika character was :husgh:
    I was so bored. And those little girls and gay guys next to me were having the time of their life. i was like "Cool, whatever- do you."

Hurry up and bring out Lupe! God, it was sooooo boring. The Jesus and Mary Chain was actually good- but I almost fell asleep during their performance- I think it's because i only had 3 hours of sleep. But when Bjork came out- it was like I had just had a Red Bull

The New Pronographers!!!
    Red Hot was a dissapointment!

peaches... i was expecting lots of bass and booty shakin'.

Quote Originally Posted by indiekid89 View Post
    The New Pronographers!!!
    Red Hot was a dissapointment!
    Red Hot's were a dissapointment? Did you see the same show? or were you so high that you forgot the whole set?

Quote Originally Posted by theclashrocker View Post
    Red Hot's were a dissapointment? Did you see the same show? or were you so high that you forgot the whole set?
    red hot was TERRIBLE. i ran away like they were the plague. one of the worst coachella headliners EVER!!!!!!

Rory Erikson. 70 year olds playing before Nightwatchman. Need I say more. Id agree with the Feeling remark though too.

Peaches are shit. You're an idiot if you were even there to see them. They haven't done anything significant for 20+ years.

Rory Erikson. 70 year olds playing before Nightwatchman. Need I say more. Id agree with the Feeling remark though too.

Peaches are shit. You're an idiot if you were even there to see them. They haven't done anything significant for 20+ years.
    Roky Erikson was terrific! I don't know what you're talking about and don't understand you're remark about the Nightwatchman, you make Tom Morello sound like he did a hard rock set.

Originally Posted by theclashrocker

Quote Originally Posted by woogie846 View Post
    Roky Erikson was terrific! I don't know what you're talking about and don't understand you're remark about the Nightwatchman, you make Tom Morello sound like he did a hard rock set.
    how old are you ? I mean that rory erikson and the explosions we're OLD and they played before the nightwatchman, so, I had to sit there and listen to them in agony from the first row. GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

seriously all songs about margaritas should be barred from being played.

Friday:
    Tokyo Police Club:
    I missed the rest of comedians for that? I used to be a fan.
    Brazilian Girls:
    Sooo boring, and they started late. I was more impressed with Interpol, and I don't even like Interpol. But I still want to see Brazilian Girls.
    Bjork:
    Awesome set so I can't say much, but I would have liked to see a differant approach besides the horns and choir.

On the positive side Rufus Wainwright was amazing.

Saturday:
    RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS:
    This band was borderline amusing 6 years ago...
    Im glad I only caught the amount I did between Blonde Redhead and The Black Keys.
    TGTBATQ:
    It was kinda cool to catch a bit of their set but I can't say much.

Besides that, The Black Keys made this trip worth every penny.

Sunday:
    The Kaiser Cheifs:
    This band is god awful.
    Rage Against the Machine
    Initially Tom Morello used the reunion as a "blow" to the Bush administration...why was the only political banter (or any banter at that) in between one of their songs? Someone please explain cause I might go crazy...

The highlights had to be Explosions and Rodrigo Y Gabriela, fuck can they shred. I want to hear their thrash metal band they used to be in that they were talking about. Air and The Roots are worth a good mention too.

Hasn't Peaches only been around for like 10 years?

I didn't watch any bad sets in their entirety -- too many other things to see. But I did intentionally walk away from the Arctic Monkeys and Junior Boys.

Do you even know who Roky Erickson is???
    He sang for the 13th Floor Elevators out of Texas back in the late 60's... they are the American equivalent to Syd Barrett's Pink Floyd!
    3 steps from the bar... 2 steps from the floor... one step from the grave... and I'm havin' one more!

Lurker

Last I knew, Peaches was the woman and her supporting band...and she a librarian less than 20 years ago. She's been performing for maybe, what 15, max? I'm not sure if you're joking or confused.

Roky is 60, however you too would look ten years older than your true age if you'd been through what he's been through. For the record, though, the Explosives were the tightest band I saw on any stage at Coachella and it made me realise just how big he could have been had he managed to write songs about nice California sunshiney things rather than Lucifer and two headed dogs.
    Only band I heard that I didn't like much was Of Montreal, otherwise, all good: Jarvis, Arctics, Kaisers, Placebo, Mary Chain, KoL, Arcade Fire, Explosions In the Sky, Roots....
    However there isn't enough money in the world to induce me to sit through Bjork. So I didn't.
    Clearly you don't even know who Peaches is, so away with you, ignoramus....

Lurker

Peaches was atrocious but it was totally worth putting up with her crap to get to the front for Jarvis Cocker who owned Coachella this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny View Post
    Peaches was atrocious but it was totally worth putting up with her crap to get to the front for Jarvis Cocker who owned Coachella this year.
    Seconded. If she weren't so fucking hideous it would have been tolerable. With my ears covered for most of it, naturally.

Satellite Party was awful.

Banned

Lily Allen. Couldn't understand a damn thing she was singing.

The entire Sahara tent. Turn the goddamn volume down in that shitstain of a tent, or move it to Palm Springs. Hopefully the latter.

Batshit crazy Bjork fans. If you didn't invest time in watching some of the earlier main stage acts to get a good spot for her, don't be a cunt and start acting like you're RATM fans [pushing]. If I had the space to turn around and clock a few of you, I would've.

Honorable Mention: ID check guy. A passport is a legit and universally-accepted form of identification, you stupid bastard.

E

no way was the Sahara tent too loud- it was set off by itself far enough away from the important stages that they could blast shit as loud as they wanted. plus, it's dance music; it's supposed to be loud.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaSigChi4 View Post

Honorable Mention: ID check guy. A passport is a legit and universally-accepted form of identification, you stupid bastard.

E
    agree!

im 22 and apparently the date on my passport was 'too close' to being 20 for me to be given a wristband !
    then 2 of my mates who are 20 and 19 try with their driving liscences and both get one ! couldnt make it up.
    i got one in the end so it aint no big deal, but my god some americans are so stupid

I'd have to say Peaches, I checked her myspace and was really excited about it, but when she finally performed I was really dissapointed, the music didn't sound the same and she was pulling all kinds of gimicks that were ok for the 80's or any other less venerable venue, but not appropriate for Coachella. I'm sad to say that I missed plenty of JAMC for her