Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 170

Thread: Please oh Please don't bring Radiohead back

  1. #1
    Coachella Junkie faxman75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    The murder capital where we murder for capital
    Posts
    27,915

    Default Please oh Please don't bring Radiohead back

    Please. A very dreary band. Yawn. I would almost rather see Weezer. Almost.

  2. #2
    old school dontfeedthebird's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Traveling man.
    Posts
    3,981

    Default Re: Please oh Please don't bring Radiohead back

    worst thread ever.
    At some point in time a man switches from "I'll have what he's having" to "I'll have what I'm having."

  3. #3
    Judgy McMarco TeamCoachellaHellYeah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Palm Springs
    Posts
    24,306

    Default Re: Please oh Please don't bring Radiohead back

    wait...weezer over Radiohead? man...I don't even know what to say...
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Reviewers who note the size of the crowd are dumb fucks.
    COACHELLA's: 2001. 2002. 2003. 2004. 2005. 2006. 2007. 2008. 2009. 2010. 2011. 2012. 2013. 2014. 2015.

  4. #4
    Coachella Junkie algunz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Rustin' in Tustin
    Posts
    21,429

    Default Re: Please oh Please don't bring Radiohead back

    I kind of agree with ya, Fax. I love Radiohead, but I've seen them a few times now and there are so many other bands that I'd like to see.

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Davis, CA
    Posts
    169

    Default Re: Please oh Please don't bring Radiohead back

    NO, forget that, PLEASE BRING RADIOHEAD. They are arguably the greatest band ever.

  6. #6
    Coachella Junkie algunz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Rustin' in Tustin
    Posts
    21,429

    Default Re: Please oh Please don't bring Radiohead back

    arguably

  7. #7
    old school invisiblerobots's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    2,806

    Default Re: Please oh Please don't bring Radiohead back

    Radiohead saved music.

  8. #8
    Coachella Junkie Boourns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    nowhere
    Posts
    26,760

    Default Re: Please oh Please don't bring Radiohead back

    Radiohead > all
    -June issue of Scientific Proof Magazine

    Seeing Radiohead and Portishead on the same stage would be the greatest event in history.

  9. #9
    Stage Manager captncrzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    TBD
    Posts
    19,881

    Default Re: Please oh Please don't bring Radiohead back

    Meh
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

  10. #10
    Endearingly Dislikable RotationSlimWang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    11,892

    Default Re: Please oh Please don't bring Radiohead back

    You know, actually... Radiohead might have saved music. Shit sucked in 2000 except for Kid A.
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

  11. #11
    Coachella Junkie algunz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Rustin' in Tustin
    Posts
    21,429

    Default Re: Please oh Please don't bring Radiohead back

    You forgot about Bon Jovi's Crush.

  12. #12
    Coachella Junkie summerkid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    6,661

    Default Re: Please oh Please don't bring Radiohead back

    Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    You know, actually... Radiohead might have saved music. Shit sucked in 2000 except for Kid A.
    This is true looking back only Stankonia and The Moon and Antarctica and the Sigur Ros album are the only ones worth a damn.

    edit: De Stijl too.
    Last edited by summerkid; 09-27-2007 at 01:03 PM.
    The White Stripes 9/18

  13. #13
    Endearingly Dislikable RotationSlimWang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    11,892

    Default Re: Please oh Please don't bring Radiohead back

    Plus OK Computer came out at a pretty shitty time too, didn't it? I don't even really remember. Either way, I'd give them a 25 percent credit for good music returning after that dark period just after grunge fell.
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

  14. #14
    Coachella Junkie faxman75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    The murder capital where we murder for capital
    Posts
    27,915

    Default Re: Please oh Please don't bring Radiohead back

    Quote Originally Posted by tklint24 View Post
    NO, forget that, PLEASE BRING RADIOHEAD. They are arguably the greatest band ever.

    Music is subjective therefor Poison is arguably the best band ever. To me, Radiohead is arguably the worst band ever. I mean, don't you want a band that really fucking rocks to close the show? York or whatever the fuck his name is whines alot in his songs.

  15. #15
    old school Tylerdurden31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY...the non-hipster part
    Posts
    3,847

    Default Re: Please oh Please don't bring Radiohead back

    Quote Originally Posted by summerkid View Post
    This is true looking back only Stankonia and The Moon and Antarctica and the Sigur Ros album are the only ones worth a damn.

    edit: De Stijl too.
    I would like to add White Pony to that list

  16. #16
    old school Tylerdurden31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY...the non-hipster part
    Posts
    3,847

    Default Re: Please oh Please don't bring Radiohead back

    Quote Originally Posted by faxman75 View Post
    Music is subjective therefor Poison is arguably the best band ever. To me, Radiohead is arguably the worst band ever. I mean, don't you want a band that really fucking rocks to close the show? York or whatever the fuck his name is whines alot in his songs.
    not necessarily....I sure as fuck wouldn't want Poison or KISS closing the show.

    Rage closed...plus fuck...Coachella's not about "rocking"

  17. #17
    Coachella Junkie faxman75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    The murder capital where we murder for capital
    Posts
    27,915

    Default Re: Please oh Please don't bring Radiohead back

    Quote Originally Posted by Boourns View Post
    Radiohead > all
    -June issue of Scientific Proof Magazine

    Seeing Radiohead and Portishead on the same stage would be the greatest event in history.

    Or not. I would rather see Wilco, Roger Clyne and the Peacemakers a reunited Pink Floyd, Daft Punk replay their 2006 performance, Bush reunited ok, you get the point, just about everyone. Lets see, Neko Case, Jenny Lewis, Uncle Tupelo reunion, hmm the Flaming Lips even.

  18. #18
    Coachella Junkie faxman75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    The murder capital where we murder for capital
    Posts
    27,915

    Default Re: Please oh Please don't bring Radiohead back

    Quote Originally Posted by Tylerdurden31 View Post
    not necessarily....I sure as fuck wouldn't want Poison or KISS closing the show.

    Rage closed...plus fuck...Coachella's not about "rocking"
    Again, it's different for everyone. I think Coachella is all about rockin'. To me it's 3 days of rock. Apparently you think Poison and Kiss rock. However, I don't. Not in 2007 at least. That may have been cool at coachella 1987 though. So i don't understand why you assume rockin' means two washed up hair metal bands.

    To me, rockin' is the latest White Stripes. I fuckin' rock out to that shit. Rage was a good headliner, so was Tool. I"m not a huge fan of either but they were much better headliners than the damn Chili Peppers.

  19. #19
    Coachella Junkie luckyface's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    7,945

    Default Re: Please oh Please don't bring Radiohead back

    There was lots of great stuff that was released in the late 90's/early 2000's. It just might not have been totally mainstream. To think that Radiohead saved music is a joke. Music was fine before and will be fine after Radiohead.

    With that said, OKC and Kid A are both fantastic albums. Let's just not get ridiculous here.
    For your health

  20. #20
    old school Tylerdurden31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY...the non-hipster part
    Posts
    3,847

    Default Re: Please oh Please don't bring Radiohead back

    Quote Originally Posted by faxman75 View Post
    Again, it's different for everyone. I think Coachella is all about rockin'. To me it's 3 days of rock. Apparently you think Poison and Kiss rock. However, I don't. Not in 2007 at least. That may have been cool at coachella 1987 though. So i don't understand why you assume rockin' means two washed up hair metal bands.

    To me, rockin' is the latest White Stripes. I fuckin' rock out to that shit. Rage was a good headliner, so was Tool. I"m not a huge fan of either but they were much better headliners than the damn Chili Peppers.
    I was completely going overboard with KISS and Poison...but you mentioned Poison first.

    While The White Stripes, Rage and Tool do rock, Radiohead has been known to rock every now and then.

  21. #21
    old school Bud Luster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Ciudad de Accion
    Posts
    4,841

    Default Re: Please oh Please don't bring Radiohead back

    I really dislike Radiohead. Dreary and whiney to say the least. I really would like to have them on the bill though. I loved 04 when they were booked alongside The Pixies. The rest of the Polo Fields were virtually abandoned during thier sets. I got to see all of the acts I wanted to see up close and personal and well as uncrowded. Namely Boozoo Bajou. Fucking great imo...
    Quote Originally Posted by PotVsKtl View Post
    The middle class needs sick beats.

  22. #22
    Endearingly Dislikable RotationSlimWang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    11,892

    Default Re: Please oh Please don't bring Radiohead back

    Quote Originally Posted by Tylerdurden31 View Post
    I would like to add White Pony to that list
    White Pony is when I stopped being a Deftones fan. God I miss the Adrenaline days. Those shows were fucking insane. I've never seen a pit go as shithouse as when Engine No. 9 came on. To this day that song makes me want to do the most violent things in the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

  23. #23
    The Fro PassiveTheory's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    11,040

    Default Re: Please oh Please don't bring Radiohead back

    Eh, I would see Radiohead if there wasn't anything good opposite them on the Main Stage, and given the penchant for Coachella organizers to not put any other act of value up against them (seriously, I haven't heard anyone talk about any band who was opposite Radiohead's set that year, whatsoever), I would be reduced to seeing them...

    The only reason I would see Radiohead is if the organizers wanted to put them before Portishead on the mainstage. It's either sunset or end of the night for Portishead, as far as I'm concerned, and if Radiohead bumps them out of either spot, I would be incensed...

    The problem with having Radiohead as the headliner is that it would make the festival all about THEM for ANOTHER year, instead of other quality bands like Portishead or My Bloody Valentine. And in terms of bands mentioned in this thread? I would SO see Wilco before Radiohead, you couldn't get me faster to the stage opposite Radiohead if you tried...
    Upcoming Shows:
    * Dillon Francis + Anamanaguchi -- December 28th

    Going to Weekend 1 of Coachella 2014


    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Cara. Don't judge a man for not being able to formulate a coherent thought. On an internet forum of all places.

  24. #24
    Coachella Junkie summerkid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    6,661

    Default Re: Please oh Please don't bring Radiohead back

    Quote Originally Posted by PassiveTheory View Post
    Eh, I would see Radiohead if there wasn't anything good opposite them on the Main Stage, and given the penchant for Coachella organizers to not put any other act of value up against them (seriously, I haven't heard anyone talk about any band who was opposite Radiohead's set that year, whatsoever), I would be reduced to seeing them...
    Living Legends, MSI, Da Lata, and Mark Farina were your choices if you didn't want to watch Radiohead in 2004. You don't have to see them if you really don't want to in 2006 i walked away from Tool and went back to my tent. Fact is though Radiohead headlining Coachella would be great for the festival whether you like them or not. I really hope Coachella can get them we shall see.
    The White Stripes 9/18

  25. #25
    Endearingly Dislikable RotationSlimWang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    11,892

    Default Re: Please oh Please don't bring Radiohead back

    Oh Christ, who cares whether or not you don't like Radiohead? It's not like they're fucking Limp Bizkit or something and you'd have real justification to be like, "FUCK this band, fuck them in their ass! I can't believe all these assholes are making this shit popular!" They're at least trying to make interesting music, with melodies and moods and content, whether or not you like the sound. And as a live act they're good enough people to give their fans a real show--at least two hours (usually more like 2.5 to 3 from what I hear), great light show, etc. They've influenced a lot of the great bands of today whether or not you like them themselves. So who gives a fuck?
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

  26. #26
    Coachella Junkie summerkid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    6,661

    Default Re: Please oh Please don't bring Radiohead back

    Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    Oh Christ, who cares whether or not you don't like Radiohead? It's not like they're fucking Limp Bizkit or something and you'd have real justification to be like, "FUCK this band, fuck them in their ass! I can't believe all these assholes are making this shit popular!" They're at least trying to make interesting music, with melodies and moods and content, whether or not you like the sound. And as a live act they're good enough people to give their fans a real show--at least two hours (usually more like 2.5 to 3 from what I hear), great light show, etc. They've influenced a lot of the great bands of today whether or not you like them themselves. So who gives a fuck?
    seriously, this is not a band you get upset about if they were to headline Coachella just go see someone else. For god's sake its fucking Radiohead i can't believe we are having this argument on here.
    The White Stripes 9/18

  27. #27
    Member Ill_Eagle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    The Lock
    Posts
    1,474

    Default Re: Please oh Please don't bring Radiohead back

    Where the fuck is ThomThom when you need him?
    Quote Originally Posted by breakjaw View Post
    I hope noone stab me with belt bucklez while I line dancing so fast in Skoal Tent,please peoplez!

  28. #28
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Phoenix AZ
    Posts
    136

    Default Re: Please oh Please don't bring Radiohead back

    weezer circa 1996 > Radiohead

    other than that, NO

  29. #29
    Coachella Junkie
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    10,562

    Default Re: Please oh Please don't bring Radiohead back

    Quote Originally Posted by Ill_Eagle View Post
    Where the fuck is ThomThom when you need him?
    he read the title of this thread and then went on a spree of mass murder.

    he'll probably be here tomorrow.

  30. #30
    The Fro PassiveTheory's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    11,040

    Default Re: Please oh Please don't bring Radiohead back

    Quote Originally Posted by summerkid View Post
    seriously, this is not a band you get upset about if they were to headline Coachella just go see someone else. For god's sake its fucking Radiohead i can't believe we are having this argument on here.
    Again, the problem being that GV showed that they aren't willing to put anyone worth validation against Radiohead. If MSI is the only act out of the ones that were put up against Radiohead that I can even remotely recognize, then that shows that once Radiohead's on the bill the whole fucking festival becomes about nothing BUT Radiohead, and that's just intolerable. They're good, they're more sufferable as a headliner than Rage (even though I like Rage more), but they don't deserve that kind of distinction.

    Hell, even Rage had Infected Mushroom and the Lemonheads opposite them, but god forbid anyone put any act of value against Radiohead...

    GRANTED, if GV wanted to make me suffer through to see Portishead, I would have to see Radiohead... Damnit.
    Upcoming Shows:
    * Dillon Francis + Anamanaguchi -- December 28th

    Going to Weekend 1 of Coachella 2014


    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Cara. Don't judge a man for not being able to formulate a coherent thought. On an internet forum of all places.

Similar Threads

  1. bring back THE SOUNDS
    By the jesus of suburbia in forum Music Lounge
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 10-06-2008, 07:14 PM
  2. Bring back Woodstock 99.....
    By Deviate_420 in forum Music Lounge
    Replies: 61
    Last Post: 09-17-2007, 06:53 AM
  3. radiohead is back!
    By rkawar in forum Line Up/Artists
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 07-03-2007, 10:47 AM
  4. who would u bring back
    By i_like_cake530 in forum Line Up/Artists
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-18-2007, 06:26 AM
  5. Bring back the tent projections! ROBOCHRIST!!!
    By moooo in forum Past Experiences
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-17-2007, 06:37 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •