Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Please oh Please don't bring Radiohead back

The murder capital where we murder for capital

Default Please oh Please don't bring Radiohead back

Please. A very dreary band. Yawn. I would almost rather see Weezer. Almost.

Default Re: Please oh Please don't bring Radiohead back

worst thread ever.
    At some point in time a man switches from "I'll have what he's having" to "I'll have what I'm having."

Judgy McMarco TeamCoachellaHellYeah's Avatar

wait...weezer over Radiohead? man...I don't even know what to say...
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Reviewers who note the size of the crowd are dumb fucks.
    COACHELLA's: 2001. 2002. 2003. 2004. 2005. 2006. 2007. 2008. 2009. 2010. 2011. 2012. 2013. 2014. 2015.

I kind of agree with ya, Fax. I love Radiohead, but I've seen them a few times now and there are so many other bands that I'd like to see.

Banned

NO, forget that, PLEASE BRING RADIOHEAD. They are arguably the greatest band ever.

arguably

Radiohead saved music.

Radiohead > all
    -June issue of Scientific Proof Magazine

Seeing Radiohead and Portishead on the same stage would be the greatest event in history.

Meh
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

Endearingly Dislikable RotationSlimWang's Avatar

You know, actually... Radiohead might have saved music. Shit sucked in 2000 except for Kid A.
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

You forgot about Bon Jovi's Crush.

Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    You know, actually... Radiohead might have saved music. Shit sucked in 2000 except for Kid A.
    This is true looking back only Stankonia and The Moon and Antarctica and the Sigur Ros album are the only ones worth a damn.

edit: De Stijl too.
    Last edited by summerkid; 09-27-2007 at 01:03 PM.
    The White Stripes 9/18

Plus OK Computer came out at a pretty shitty time too, didn't it? I don't even really remember. Either way, I'd give them a 25 percent credit for good music returning after that dark period just after grunge fell.
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by tklint24 View Post
    NO, forget that, PLEASE BRING RADIOHEAD. They are arguably the greatest band ever.

Music is subjective therefor Poison is arguably the best band ever. To me, Radiohead is arguably the worst band ever. I mean, don't you want a band that really fucking rocks to close the show? York or whatever the fuck his name is whines alot in his songs.

Quote Originally Posted by summerkid View Post
    This is true looking back only Stankonia and The Moon and Antarctica and the Sigur Ros album are the only ones worth a damn.

edit: De Stijl too.
    I would like to add White Pony to that list

Quote Originally Posted by faxman75 View Post
    Music is subjective therefor Poison is arguably the best band ever. To me, Radiohead is arguably the worst band ever. I mean, don't you want a band that really fucking rocks to close the show? York or whatever the fuck his name is whines alot in his songs.
    not necessarily....I sure as fuck wouldn't want Poison or KISS closing the show.

Rage closed...plus fuck...Coachella's not about "rocking"

Quote Originally Posted by Boourns View Post
    Radiohead > all
    -June issue of Scientific Proof Magazine

Seeing Radiohead and Portishead on the same stage would be the greatest event in history.

Or not. I would rather see Wilco, Roger Clyne and the Peacemakers a reunited Pink Floyd, Daft Punk replay their 2006 performance, Bush reunited ok, you get the point, just about everyone. Lets see, Neko Case, Jenny Lewis, Uncle Tupelo reunion, hmm the Flaming Lips even.

Quote Originally Posted by Tylerdurden31 View Post
    not necessarily....I sure as fuck wouldn't want Poison or KISS closing the show.

Rage closed...plus fuck...Coachella's not about "rocking"
    Again, it's different for everyone. I think Coachella is all about rockin'. To me it's 3 days of rock. Apparently you think Poison and Kiss rock. However, I don't. Not in 2007 at least. That may have been cool at coachella 1987 though. So i don't understand why you assume rockin' means two washed up hair metal bands.

To me, rockin' is the latest White Stripes. I fuckin' rock out to that shit. Rage was a good headliner, so was Tool. I"m not a huge fan of either but they were much better headliners than the damn Chili Peppers.

There was lots of great stuff that was released in the late 90's/early 2000's. It just might not have been totally mainstream. To think that Radiohead saved music is a joke. Music was fine before and will be fine after Radiohead.

With that said, OKC and Kid A are both fantastic albums. Let's just not get ridiculous here.
    For your health

Quote Originally Posted by faxman75 View Post
    Again, it's different for everyone. I think Coachella is all about rockin'. To me it's 3 days of rock. Apparently you think Poison and Kiss rock. However, I don't. Not in 2007 at least. That may have been cool at coachella 1987 though. So i don't understand why you assume rockin' means two washed up hair metal bands.

To me, rockin' is the latest White Stripes. I fuckin' rock out to that shit. Rage was a good headliner, so was Tool. I"m not a huge fan of either but they were much better headliners than the damn Chili Peppers.
    I was completely going overboard with KISS and Poison...but you mentioned Poison first.

While The White Stripes, Rage and Tool do rock, Radiohead has been known to rock every now and then.

I really dislike Radiohead. Dreary and whiney to say the least. I really would like to have them on the bill though. I loved 04 when they were booked alongside The Pixies. The rest of the Polo Fields were virtually abandoned during thier sets. I got to see all of the acts I wanted to see up close and personal and well as uncrowded. Namely Boozoo Bajou. Fucking great imo...
    Quote Originally Posted by PotVsKtl View Post
    The middle class needs sick beats.

Quote Originally Posted by Tylerdurden31 View Post
    I would like to add White Pony to that list
    White Pony is when I stopped being a Deftones fan. God I miss the Adrenaline days. Those shows were fucking insane. I've never seen a pit go as shithouse as when Engine No. 9 came on. To this day that song makes me want to do the most violent things in the world.

Eh, I would see Radiohead if there wasn't anything good opposite them on the Main Stage, and given the penchant for Coachella organizers to not put any other act of value up against them (seriously, I haven't heard anyone talk about any band who was opposite Radiohead's set that year, whatsoever), I would be reduced to seeing them...

The only reason I would see Radiohead is if the organizers wanted to put them before Portishead on the mainstage. It's either sunset or end of the night for Portishead, as far as I'm concerned, and if Radiohead bumps them out of either spot, I would be incensed...

The problem with having Radiohead as the headliner is that it would make the festival all about THEM for ANOTHER year, instead of other quality bands like Portishead or My Bloody Valentine. And in terms of bands mentioned in this thread? I would SO see Wilco before Radiohead, you couldn't get me faster to the stage opposite Radiohead if you tried...
    Upcoming Shows:
    * Dillon Francis + Anamanaguchi -- December 28th

Going to Weekend 1 of Coachella 2014

Cara. Don't judge a man for not being able to formulate a coherent thought. On an internet forum of all places.

Quote Originally Posted by PassiveTheory View Post
    Eh, I would see Radiohead if there wasn't anything good opposite them on the Main Stage, and given the penchant for Coachella organizers to not put any other act of value up against them (seriously, I haven't heard anyone talk about any band who was opposite Radiohead's set that year, whatsoever), I would be reduced to seeing them...
    Living Legends, MSI, Da Lata, and Mark Farina were your choices if you didn't want to watch Radiohead in 2004. You don't have to see them if you really don't want to in 2006 i walked away from Tool and went back to my tent. Fact is though Radiohead headlining Coachella would be great for the festival whether you like them or not. I really hope Coachella can get them we shall see.
    The White Stripes 9/18

Oh Christ, who cares whether or not you don't like Radiohead? It's not like they're fucking Limp Bizkit or something and you'd have real justification to be like, "FUCK this band, fuck them in their ass! I can't believe all these assholes are making this shit popular!" They're at least trying to make interesting music, with melodies and moods and content, whether or not you like the sound. And as a live act they're good enough people to give their fans a real show--at least two hours (usually more like 2.5 to 3 from what I hear), great light show, etc. They've influenced a lot of the great bands of today whether or not you like them themselves. So who gives a fuck?

Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    Oh Christ, who cares whether or not you don't like Radiohead? It's not like they're fucking Limp Bizkit or something and you'd have real justification to be like, "FUCK this band, fuck them in their ass! I can't believe all these assholes are making this shit popular!" They're at least trying to make interesting music, with melodies and moods and content, whether or not you like the sound. And as a live act they're good enough people to give their fans a real show--at least two hours (usually more like 2.5 to 3 from what I hear), great light show, etc. They've influenced a lot of the great bands of today whether or not you like them themselves. So who gives a fuck?
    seriously, this is not a band you get upset about if they were to headline Coachella just go see someone else. For god's sake its fucking Radiohead i can't believe we are having this argument on here.
    The White Stripes 9/18

Where the fuck is ThomThom when you need him?
    Quote Originally Posted by breakjaw View Post
    I hope noone stab me with belt bucklez while I line dancing so fast in Skoal Tent,please peoplez!

weezer circa 1996 > Radiohead

other than that, NO

Coachella Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by Ill_Eagle View Post
    Where the fuck is ThomThom when you need him?
    he read the title of this thread and then went on a spree of mass murder.

he'll probably be here tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by summerkid View Post
    seriously, this is not a band you get upset about if they were to headline Coachella just go see someone else. For god's sake its fucking Radiohead i can't believe we are having this argument on here.
    Again, the problem being that GV showed that they aren't willing to put anyone worth validation against Radiohead. If MSI is the only act out of the ones that were put up against Radiohead that I can even remotely recognize, then that shows that once Radiohead's on the bill the whole fucking festival becomes about nothing BUT Radiohead, and that's just intolerable. They're good, they're more sufferable as a headliner than Rage (even though I like Rage more), but they don't deserve that kind of distinction.

Hell, even Rage had Infected Mushroom and the Lemonheads opposite them, but god forbid anyone put any act of value against Radiohead...

GRANTED, if GV wanted to make me suffer through to see Portishead, I would have to see Radiohead... Damnit.
    Upcoming Shows:
    * Dillon Francis + Anamanaguchi -- December 28th

Going to Weekend 1 of Coachella 2014

Cara. Don't judge a man for not being able to formulate a coherent thought. On an internet forum of all places.