Page 6 of 138 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: JUSTICE

Default Re: JUSTICE

To be honest, it's ridiculous you guys actually believe any of the synths upfront were actually used lol, christ.....

At least the center cabinet in each marshall stack was fake. I think I saw empty wood when they took them off for LCD.
    Quote Originally Posted by york707 View Post
    I can't tell a british accent from a gay accent.

Coachella Junkie jackstraw94086's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by miyuru View Post
    To be honest, it's ridiculous you guys actually believe any of the synths upfront were actually used lol, christ.....
    I've been thinking that too, but I didn't see it happen and there's no vocal girl talk fans in here.
    I think the most plausible excuse for that thing is that they were looking for some sort of centerpiece or theme and that was easier than a giant pyramid of lights

DJ's often mess with gear, switches, buttons, etc that don't do shit.

I don't see why they couldn't have used some small part of that rig though.
    Last edited by jackstraw94086; 05-02-2007 at 04:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kingsblend420 View Post
    Can someone explain what Busy P meant when saying that they would be "live"? And what this discussion is all about with them using said equipment? Are we talking about the difference between spinning a record vs actually making the music using whatever tools they used in the first place? I dont know shit about music or making music so if anyone could point me to a good resource that would be helpful also.
    justice normally do a dj set, which involves playing their music and other people's music off of turntables (in their case, CD turntables)

this time they played entirely their own music off of what were probably laptops. they can manipulate loops and samples more easily than when DJing and have more control over the sound. they didn't really "play" anything live as in they probably weren't playing synth lines on a keyboard behind the big cross (i could be wrong) but they were doing more than just DJing.

also keep in mind (not you, trick, the other guy) that the term "live" is sometimes somewhat of a misnomer because very often EDM performers are doing far less physical manipulation of the music on a laptop than they would be doing with turntables.

It's a flexible term.

Here's an example of what a "live" performance may look like (I'm not a big fan of the guy's music, but it's a decent visual)

You can get pretty creative with how you perform live though.
    I've heard of people trying to use accelerometers to create midi controllers before, but it used to be pretty impractical. The Wii controller is one of the first mass consumer level devices that has them and dudes are already tricking them out.
    Expect to see some wild shit in the next few years.

and this shit's just hilarious
    Last edited by jackstraw94086; 05-02-2007 at 05:42 PM.

That Wii vid is cool. I still think some of the rig was used, it cannot be all decoration. This isnt Tiesto we are talking about.

Anyone any proof the show wasnt live?
    No! the show was live
    Last edited by justice; 05-03-2007 at 04:57 AM.

pay attention, sherlock.

these people are not debating whether it was live, just about what equipment they used.

If you're going to pretend to be Justice then have a clue.

Banned

A wiimote!? Im in nerd heaven.

Hey - Do we have any proof whatsoever that there's a bootleg? Because I want one so bad it hurts.

This set was just too awesome, clearly the best electronic set of the fest. Came off sounding like the absolute future of the genre. Every twist and turn was thrilling.

I loved Justice before, but this is honestly the only time I've seen them that they really meet and exceed the hype.

Also - Did Busy P ever cheer up about everybody leaving the tent after MSTRKRFT?

Quote Originally Posted by miseducation View Post
    Hey - Do we have any proof whatsoever that there's a bootleg? Because I want one so bad it hurts.

This set was just too awesome, clearly the best electronic set of the fest. Came off sounding like the absolute future of the genre. Every twist and turn was thrilling.

I loved Justice before, but this is honestly the only time I've seen them that they really meet and exceed the hype.

Also - Did Busy P ever cheer up about everybody leaving the tent after MSTRKRFT?

Its too bad their set time. i did the same, I left after Mstrkrft to go to the Arcade Fire...i came running back for Justice though, that was fuckin brilliant.

Did anyone else have a glowing cross burned into their retinas after the Justice set? Each time I blinked my eyes, there it was...

yes lai also have aburning cross in my eye

JUSTICE was the highlight for me on satuday in the sahara!

[B]Darthlaker

thank for the great hsot sebsttian dont supeo e u are the on ewho did the walmkman edit am just kiddin g but thank for settin everyone stright on the whole live situatiosn me personally di no t care as it was one fo the great est music/life experience for me the energy even if i was the onely one in the back with my friend with th eenery if anyone have any pics or vidoe from the back of the ten t would be appreciate it love to all thos who kept energy flowiong in the back an dupsport justice and music and life tll see guy lter

Quote Originally Posted by CSebastian View Post

this is not music comparison, both artists have their
    talent. Im just trying to understand why people dont understand what Live Music is.

White Stripes play the guitar and drums oh yeah and vocals. They were good.

Justice played the synthesizers which control all the analogs you saw in front of you. These synths & computers will output digital sound and Justice will arrange multiple beats together to make a song - edit . sample. & loop LIVE. Yes you can buy yourself a program like fuity loops, but it doesnt mean you will sound like Justice. By the way, i dont think they use fruity loops because the beats are to complex, and compression levels have crazy ass sidechaining.

You do not only hear guitars, drums and vocals, but you also hear Highpass Filters, voltage controlled oscillators, frequency modulation, wave forms, attack times, delay times, sustain levels, low cut frequencies, kicks, drums, vocals, threshold levels and the bass all outputed thru the Marshall Speakers place just in front of your faces, all LIVE. This my fellow coachella friends is LIVE. Controlled by 2 individuals just like Jack would have the guiar and play, Xavier would have the Synths to arrange the beats. Just like Thomas Bangalter & Guy Manuel (DP. the robots).
    Check out my photos by the way. tons photos from that night.

†††††††††††††††

dude, this isn't an issue with comprehending how analog synthesizers work. Every sound that Justice, or just about any act these days, can be done with software.

And your analogy to Jack White playing guitar is somewhat weak. Justice wasn't making beats and melodies on the fly. At most they were juggling loops with preprogrammed intro's outro's etc all stuck to a grid with a global tempo control. Maybe a few filter sweeps here and there. I would still find it impressive, but it's very different than creating rhythm by hand. The real talent in EDM performance lies in the creativity and production skills.

Still not buying that they used all that gear up there. Daft Punk doesn't even do that. Everything you described above can be with far far less bulk, and nobody would be able to hear the difference on a system that big.

Lurker

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw94086 View Post
    dude, this isn't an issue with comprehending how analog synthesizers work. Every sound that Justice, or just about any act these days, can be done with software.

And your analogy to Jack White playing guitar is somewhat weak. Justice wasn't making beats and melodies on the fly. At most they were juggling loops with preprogrammed intro's outro's etc all stuck to a grid with a global tempo control. Maybe a few filter sweeps here and there. I would still find it impressive, but it's very different than creating rhythm by hand. The real talent in EDM performance lies in the creativity and production skills.

Still not buying that they used all that gear up there. Daft Punk doesn't even do that. Everything you described above can be with far far less bulk, and nobody would be able to hear the difference on a system that big.

We are your friends jackstraw94086

Justice was cool. I gave Busy my glowstick necklace cross thing during their set. I couldn't see them though.

Quote Originally Posted by kingsblend420 View Post
    How do you find where the Ed Banger crew is gonna be at? These guys are harder to track down than Bigfoot. I mean they just played in SF and now in LA at the EchoPlex but I cant find a solid resource to look this stuff up.

Bump! For the Justice thread.
    myspace

Quote Originally Posted by daft$tar View Post
    myspace
    Very True, I am friends with Busy P, Mehdi, Banger and Justice so kind of hard not to find out this stuff.

Anyone know of an online record store in the US that stocks Ed Banger vinyl? I have found a few things on Ebay, but would like a better source. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

JUSTICE was my highlight besides rage! Here some pix I took. I recorded about 8 minutes of Justice. Check it out on www.myspace.com/hc1 . I'm posting the Whole Rage set in black and white today, minus 1 song to take pictures.

Enjoy,

dl

[B]Darthlaker

I want to buy something from Justice. Would you recommend Escapades or Elephant Skin? Not sure which one is better.
    Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.

Quote Originally Posted by CSebastian View Post
    We are your friends jackstraw94086
    you give me a warm fuzzy feeling, I'm all a'twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by higgybaby23 View Post
    Anyone know of an online record store in the US that stocks Ed Banger vinyl? I have found a few things on Ebay, but would like a better source. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

here's a few.

http://www.juno.co.uk/search/?q=just...&sdate=&edate=
    http://www.dancerecords.com/artists/Justice
    http://www.phonicarecords.co.uk/chart.aspx?ChartID=168

....none of those are in the US. Insound.com stocks a lot of Ed Banger stuff for relatively cheap.

How do you downlaod supefans videos? I dont see a download file button, is it compatible with a mac, or do I have to download their program? I missed justice being front row for girl talk, and it was off the chain with the 50 girls dancing on stage. Too bad my canon has crappy sound when the bass kicks in, because i have a lot of footage of girl talk. Hilton sisters on stage and shit.
    I go to shows and festivals.
    Photos.
    http://www.facebook.com/photos.php?id=174734597279
    Over 1000 youtube videos from concerts
    http://http://www.youtube.com/thefestivalninja

Quote Originally Posted by hangthedj112 View Post
    ....none of those are in the US. Insound.com stocks a lot of Ed Banger stuff for relatively cheap.
    Justice vinyls are from europe too. That means you'll pay the import premium if you buy it here anyway, which very often offsets the added shipping cost. I just offered a few sites with the widest availabilty. I've gotten vinyls from UK for $4 shipping. That's not really much more than you'd get it shipped from in the US. European sites aren't necessarily something to rule out is all I'm saying.
    Last edited by jackstraw94086; 05-04-2007 at 06:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rideincircles View Post
    How do you downlaod supefans videos? I dont see a download file button, is it compatible with a mac, or do I have to download their program? I missed justice being front row for girl talk, and it was off the chain with the 50 girls dancing on stage. Too bad my canon has crappy sound when the bass kicks in, because i have a lot of footage of girl talk. Hilton sisters on stage and shit.
    Ummm, on the page there is a box that is empty and you have to type in the 3 letter code it shows to the left of the box. After you do that a timer should begin counting down. When the timer is done you click download and there ya go.

Quote Originally Posted by higgybaby23 View Post
    the one and only TURNTABLELAB.COM
    they also have a shop in NYC and L.A
    official ED BANGER RECORDS dealer in US
    http://www.turntablelab.com/search/i...&action=search
    Last edited by Busy P; 05-05-2007 at 02:47 AM.