Page 5 of 138 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: JUSTICE

Default Re: JUSTICE

I concur.

I can't even wait to see more depth with Sebastian and Kavinsky with that other French act in July.

This is a good time to want to dance.

Here it is, my other vid. Thats all I got so I hope you like it.

Justice (pt 2)
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=O7JW12VJ

Justice was Insane! I wish I was in LA tonight to check them out again, but I have to be out of town... This a pic I took during his set... Easily the best pic I took all weekend..

Last edited by kb824; 05-01-2007 at 09:16 PM.

I swear I might be on your shot.

Which one? You downloading the new one?

Gummi bear sultan miscorrections's Avatar

kb824, i think i'm part of the blur on the left side of the shot. if you were that close chances are i'm somewhere in there.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    Has anyone gone on a date with a sandwich recently? What base did you get to? Ham?

I had no idea there even were video screens. How full was the tent, and how many people knew the words to D.A.N.C.E. and We Are Your Friends? I was up front so I think the percentage was probably higher than in the rest of the tent.

I was probably more excited for Justice than anyone else.. I was a little let down.. I think they have had better dj sets (I <3 Techno)
    My thoughts EXACTLY. That was a sweet set. For those that don't know what we're talking about --> Justice Podcast.

Quote Originally Posted by kingsblend420 View Post
    I didnt know any of the words but I did a good job of pretending and it didnt stop me from rocking out tough.
    haha! i wasn't calling you out, I just wanted to know if it seemed like a lot of people at their set were fans or not.

from the back of teh tent it sem like not ot many people know othe song or wthe word we ar eyour friend never be laone gain when they urn down that prt i seem to eb the only 1 swho sing it was also seem liek the only 1 runign around like frek but cudl tell it was crzy up fron and hvd such gret time out ther
    o/s. also tinked there was bouat 2 3rd of the tent was full if tht gived u abetr id ea of how m nay people were here at least fer the first prat dont htink cold see anyhting by time they wrer done cause sound so loud

also dhdi herd the iloveteh no st right when mae up on the internte but was glfda they kept it thise way n not sa dj set i me an alread go t our taste of mixe by the lke of digtalism and mstrfkr t an d busy p and jdmedhi this semed liek a more personaly thing tha tjustice did an d am sur eglad cause obiosuly tHEY - Are _ AR E FRIENDS - YOU - ENVER _ BE LAONE _ gaGIn so come on so como on so omcoen
    Last edited by cloud9; 05-01-2007 at 10:08 PM.

justice was siiiiiiick. i don't care what anyone says i think they're amazing along w/ the whole ed banger crew. what a sweet scene man, i had so much fun in the sahara tent saturday.

The modular synths were probably used through after market midi interfaces via the midi controllers, they'd be crazy to try and perform live with them using cv/gate keyboards and patch chords.

P.S. Justice ties with the Gotan Project as my favorite set of the weekend.

heres a short clip i took. sorry the sound gets muffled half way through, my finger moved over the camera's mic.

Coachella Junkie jackstraw94086's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by xbnmx View Post
    The modular synths were probably used through after market midi interfaces via the midi controllers, they'd be crazy to try and perform live with them using cv/gate keyboards and patch chords.
    dude, they'd be almost just as crazy to try and perform with a rig that excessive at all. You just don't see that these days.

So whats our final verdict? Was this "live" or will it be an urban legend as to what went down during their set and how they performed it? I am looking at all the gear heads here since my knowledge is limited in this aspect of musical performance.

Gummi bear sultan miscorrections's Avatar

i don't know about urban legend but the set certainly was legendary no matter how you view it.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    Has anyone gone on a date with a sandwich recently? What base did you get to? Ham?

not sueer e if it wasl ive but odo know wat whernt down and that was a many people dancing and have most fun eever have in life

Well we will always ask this question "did they use that s**t?? Or was it all for show?"

Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    Well we will always ask this question "did they use that s**t?? Or was it all for show?"
    the question of whether they used all that equipment up on stage and whether they performed live are not necessarily related.

I think everyone agrees they performed live. Apparently Busy P confirmed that last week. No reason to doubt it.

The equipment question is whether they actually used all the gear they had in front of them or whether they just used the laptops and midi controllers that someone already claims they saw behind that mess. Both is a possibility as well, but that seems a stretch. I just don't see why they'd need all that crap. I've seen acts that perform with some hardware but nobody drags all that jazz around with them these days. it's possible I guess.

Not only did Busy P say it last week on the forum he said it at Coachella. I think it was during the end of his set he said something like "Our good friends Justice are up next and we're all very excited for them because its their first live show"

They used at least some of the gear in front of them. They seemed to be very intently focused on their boards the whole time, and at least once one of them came forward to change connections up front. That may have all been faked, but it seems rather elaborate to make up a myth. I'm very glad that i caught their set. First live set, how awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw94086 View Post
    the question of whether they used all that equipment up on stage and whether they performed live are not necessarily related.

I think everyone agrees they performed live. Apparently Busy P confirmed that last week. No reason to doubt it.

The equipment question is whether they actually used all the gear they had in front of them or whether they just used the laptops and midi controllers that someone already claims they saw behind that mess. Both is a possibility as well, but that seems a stretch. I just don't see why they'd need all that crap. I've seen acts that perform with some hardware but nobody drags all that jazz around with them these days. it's possible I guess.

Fair enough..

yes retrmebner him rsaying tha t and while am curiouis if u se them big hunk of strell that was surroundign that b eautiul cross it i ks kind of inconsesurequentila a s to it iffect o n how fun so many people have and the expreince thaa arrive thruogh the air tha tnight stil am very interest cause thouht sawone of him go p there and take a puulug out or something ia m liek wat the heck did tha trelayl happen am not sure cause wa s jumping in circle but anyway that ga reat quesotin jaev stop usin htem because almost forgot bauot hem am sryr to eveyron ehtt alike the animal too b

Quote Originally Posted by cloud9 View Post
    yes retrmebner him rsaying tha t and while am curiouis if u se them big hunk of strell that was surroundign that b eautiul cross it i ks kind of inconsesurequentila a s to it iffect o n how fun so many people have and the expreince thaa arrive thruogh the air tha tnight stil am very interest cause thouht sawone of him go p there and take a puulug out or something ia m liek wat the heck did tha trelayl happen am not sure cause wa s jumping in circle but anyway that ga reat quesotin jaev stop usin htem because almost forgot bauot hem am sryr to eveyron ehtt alike the animal too b
    nobody's claiming the equipment had a consesurequence on people's expeince. We're just shooting the shit here.

ahha ahave no ide awtat that mean jack but u kno w that i walys agree wtih you man realy think shuold mett up one of these y ear

shur ny time yhou ar ther efo show we shuld do mett mabe nex tchochella

Has anyone noticed... for 2 years in a row 2 french Dj's have rocked out the tent???

Interesting...2007 most impressive screensavers

myscreensavers.info

Im not sure about justices live from what it looks on pics and videos they arent using any keyboards who knows what they used hopefully someone will will a pic or vid with a more clear view so you can see the equipment they use behind the amps and racks

i'm pretty sure all of that stuff was just for show, like daft punk's pyramid.