Thread: When I say Teddy . . .

Default When I say Teddy . . .

You say BEARS!!!!

Were they not the most unexpected kick ass show of the weekend, or what???

Default Re: When I say Teddy . . .

It was a tough decision becaue ratatat and teddybears were playing at the same time. So we watched the first half of ratatat, and then went over to teddybears. They were the best two shows of the day! Teddybears ruled.

did anyone think that the sound on rage sounded like crap, we left after only a few songs? Plus Zach didnt sound very good to me either.

Quote Originally Posted by seanzie View Post
    It was a tough decision becaue ratatat and teddybears were playing at the same time. So we watched the first half of ratatat, and then went over to teddybears. They were the best two shows of the day! Teddybears ruled.

did anyone think that the sound on rage sounded like crap, we left after only a few songs? Plus Zach didnt sound very good to me either.
    i didn't see ratatat because i had to miss sunday (wasted a ticket), but how amazing were they?! they're so awesome live if you like to dance.

okay, yes, thank you! we probably need to start a new thread on this. i was sooooooo excited to see rage (as was everyone, of course). yes, i thought the sound was crap and zach didn't sound that good to me either. i ended up checking out the lemonheads for a bit and then coming back. i had such a killer weekend and then thought this was going to be one of the highlights and it actually wasn't for me. i'm interested to hear other's thoughts as well.

i will say i think tom morello kicked ass and that i really am glad that i got to see rage as i never thought that would happen.
    "All right. This is our 'last song.' Then we are going to go backstage and then come back out for our encore and play a few more songs for you."

You're an idiot. The mix on rage was perfect. And Zach's voice got its trademark tarnish about 1/3 of the way into their set. The mix was amazing, but they turned it down a bit so people wouldn't go insane. Unless you were in the beer garden, it was a comfortable volume.

Teddybears was an amazing show, I have pics and a vid I'll post later.

edit: heres the vid - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOBcMKHXlx4
    Last edited by itzdank; 04-30-2007 at 04:37 PM.

Awesome - thanks itzdank! Seriously - Teddybears saved my friends' Sunday after that disastrous Air show. I feel bad for anyone who missed their set!
    2 out of 3 abominable snowmen prefer Coachella.

Quote Originally Posted by Slangevar View Post
    Awesome - thanks itzdank! Seriously - Teddybears saved my friends' Sunday after that disastrous Air show. I feel bad for anyone who missed their set!
    Yeah, same for us. We were thinking about leaving after Air but just couldn't leave on that note. I'm glad we saw The Teddybears. They were great!

Their projected videos were awesome.

I get the sense that I'm going to be sick of the Teddybears in like 5 minutes, but I'm not quite there yet, so it was fun to check out part of their set. They really hammed it up for the crowd.

Other than the amateurish singer with the wrestling mask, they were phenomenal.