Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Interpol

Default Interpol

I didn't go Friday ... how were they? What was their setlist?

Default Re: Interpol

Never really dug them before. My friend talked me into going ( I wanted to go to Sonic Youth ) and they sounded great. Great light show. I liked it.

Quote Originally Posted by bmellow View Post
    Never really dug them before. My friend talked me into going ( I wanted to go to Sonic Youth ) and they sounded great. Great light show. I liked it.
    Thats cool I wish I was there for that.

Nobody else with a review or setlist?

Banned

Don't have any of their albums. Never even listened to them before.

Best performance of Friday. Period.

I'm purchasing their catalog. Perhaps venturing off to Sasquatch to see them again. That's my review. That's my story.

E

I only wished their set was longer, but for the most part it was short and definitely sweet, excellent performance
    Quote Originally Posted by superfan View Post
    And I have a dick for you to eat if youre hungry still.

Interpol was amazing. I ate my words BAD about them on this board a few weeks ago when I said, dont plan on an exciting show. When I saw them in SF they were decent....at Coachella they BROUGHT IT!

and I must add that CARLOS D is the sexiest man alive (did you see that mustache and get up?!!!!), hands down. Where's that who would you have sex with playing Coachella thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Lt. Dangel View Post

and I must add that CARLOS D is the sexiest man alive (did you see that mustache and get up?!!!!), hands down. Where's that who would you have sex with playing Coachella thread?
    *whew* I couldn't agree more.

I really need to say this again Interpol is so boring, one-tone and derivative.
    Coachella 2015 Food Wish List
    Food Trucks: Germany's Famous Bratwurst, Fist of Fusion, Komodo, Oooh LaLa Crepes, Ludo Truck, Seoul Sausage, Vizzi Truck, Kogi BBQ

Restaurants: L' Atelier Cafe, Pho Vu, Le Vallauris, Tropicale, Pomme Frite, Tutti Frutti Frozen Yogurt, Crave, Cafe Scandia, Swiss Donut

WORLD of BEER
    Bring Back The Following:
    KazuNori, At Night + Market Song, Beer Belly, Mexicali, Crossroads, Baco Mercat, Stumptown

Quote Originally Posted by psychic friend View Post
    when does set times come out?

LOVED INTERPOL.. best show on Friday...Carlos D = sexy

Banned

That 'stache was hawt enough to make any straight man go gay.

E

Quote Originally Posted by idrive1life View Post
    I really need to say this again Interpol is so boring, one-tone and derivative.

Well, from what I can see your a pretty huge MUSE fan, and frankly, anybody that is used to the types of shows that MUSE perform is typically going to be let down by Interpol, they are just not that kind of band, they don't do smoke,explosives,laser lighting and all that crazy stuff. It's almost as if they feel their music is enough, and for all of their fans it is more than enough. So I'll say this to your comment (coming from an Interpol fan)...If you don't like their live show, don't watch them and shut your hole.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomThom View Post
    Well, from what I can see your a pretty huge MUSE fan, and frankly, anybody that is used to the types of shows that MUSE perform is typically going to be let down by Interpol, they are just not that kind of band, they don't do smoke,explosives,laser lighting and all that crazy stuff. It's almost as if they feel their music is enough, and for all of their fans it is more than enough. So I'll say this to your comment (coming from an Interpol fan)...If you don't like their live show, don't watch them and shut your hole.
    I agree I love Muse too but they are two way different bands and I dont expect the same thing from them. And I'm just commenting on their album work, not their live stuff b/c Ive missed my opportunities to see either one of them live yet.

One of the best sounding sets i encountered. i loved them before, love them more now. The playing was exceptional.
    Last edited by ivankay; 04-30-2007 at 12:44 PM.

Great band on record, pretty bland live though.

Banned

I might go to Sasquatch now that I know how awesome they are live.

E

when Interpol came out i hated on the band because to me they were a Joy Division rip off. A year or so i started listening to them coz of my girlfriend and even tho i still think they copy Joy Division, they have developed their own sound. I was pretty excited to see them on Friday but frankly, i wasnt impressed. It wasn't a bad performance, but it wasnt THE best set on Friday (i think Peaches was the shit on Firday). So, as far as im concerned, the rumours i've heard about Interpol not being a good liveband are true.

they kicked ass because Farmer Dave was playing keyboards for them

I think Interpol is great live. They looked and sounded fantastic. Carlos D can sure rock the molester 'stash (WAAAAAYYYY better then Brandon Flowers ever could). I wrote the setlist down, but it's at home and I'm at work. I'm going to try to go from memory in order:

- New song (no name given)
    - Obstacle 1
    - NARC
    - Say Hello to the Angels
    - Mammoth (new song)
    - Evil
    - New song, the title is escaping me at the moment
    - Leif Erikson
    - Not Even Jail

I thought I remembered writing 10 songs down, but I'm only coming up with 9 right now. If I'm missing something I'll post it when I get home.

... by the way, anyone check out the track listing for the new album? There's a song titled "No I in Threesome", that's awesome!

Ha ha I'm a huge Editors fan before I also become Muse diehard. Many people dismissing Editors as just another JD and Interpol so go figure who needs to shut up. I can say and confirm now what great live music critics and enthusiasts are saying Editors will blow away Interpol at any given death gig match.
    Coachella 2015 Food Wish List
    Food Trucks: Germany's Famous Bratwurst, Fist of Fusion, Komodo, Oooh LaLa Crepes, Ludo Truck, Seoul Sausage, Vizzi Truck, Kogi BBQ

Restaurants: L' Atelier Cafe, Pho Vu, Le Vallauris, Tropicale, Pomme Frite, Tutti Frutti Frozen Yogurt, Crave, Cafe Scandia, Swiss Donut

WORLD of BEER
    Bring Back The Following:
    KazuNori, At Night + Market Song, Beer Belly, Mexicali, Crossroads, Baco Mercat, Stumptown

Quote Originally Posted by psychic friend View Post
    when does set times come out?

Quote Originally Posted by idrive1life View Post
    Ha ha I'm a huge Editors fan before I also become Muse diehard. Many people dismissing Editors as just another JD and Interpol so go figure who needs to shut up. I can say and confirm now what great live music critics and enthusiasts are saying Editors will blow away Interpol at any given death gig match.
    Uhhhhh, okay?

Quote Originally Posted by Portions4Foxes View Post
    first song's called Pioneer to the Falls.
    That was my guess since that's the first song on the new cd. I wasn't 100% sure though.

Quote Originally Posted by Portions4Foxes View Post
    and the other was Heinrich Maneuver, i believe Heinrich is going to be the first single
    Yeah, I remember now! I was giggling to myself when he read off the song title.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaSigChi4 View Post
    That 'stache was hawt enough to make any straight man go gay.

E

Awesome.

They were def the best dressed band of the festival.

I thought the set was too short, by at least one song: I really wanted to hear "Slow Hands" coz that would have sounded excellent live. Having missed them four times due to work when I was in New York in '05, it was wonderful to finally get a chance.

CARLOS D! Do you have any more pics of this sexy sexy man?

Quote Originally Posted by DredheadV2.0 View Post
    Awesome.

They were def the best dressed band of the festival.

I thought the set was too short, by at least one song: I really wanted to hear "Slow Hands" coz that would have sounded excellent live. Having missed them four times due to work when I was in New York in '05, it was wonderful to finally get a chance.

Wait a min, I think that's the song I was missing. They played Slow Hands didn't they??!? I swear I remember it.

Lurker

I agree that Interpol is great on record and bland live. Coming in to the festival, I dug them more than Arcade Fire but think the opposite now. Very boring show with little energy. Arcade Fire was full of passion. Wate of time for me on Friday when I could've caught Sonic Youth.

Yes they did in fact play Slow Hands, in fact I think that was the track that really made the crowd go nuts, it was in the middle of their set

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQj5cO7oJ8A

Yes they did in fact play Slow Hands, in fact I think that was the track that really made the crowd go nuts, it was in the middle of their set
    Yes it did make people go nuts, especially when Carlos D. started getting really sexy with his bass (at least for me anyway).

Damnit, I meant "Take you on a Cruise" Slow Hands was in fact quite a rave-up.

Brain's not the same as it once was.

Quote Originally Posted by Lt. Dangel View Post
    CARLOS D! Do you have any more pics of this sexy sexy man?
    His ass, I guess.

I didn't have a chance to upload all my pics since I left my transfer cable at home (used bluetooth from my phone, individual pics, took forever) but what I do have is here (Friday and Sat, no Sunday up yet): CLICK