Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kings of Leon

Default Kings of Leon

I was sad I had to miss the Decemberists for them to get good positioning for AF and RHCP, but KoL were so damn good. They marked the start of the non-sotp party in the front.

Default Re: Kings of Leon

Come on no one else loved these guys? They were so damn awesome awesome.

KOL were fucking great. Although the drummer seemed like he was coked off his skull and looked bored as hell, but the band sounded great.

Lurker

I stuck around the main stage all day for RHCP and I'm glad I did, before Saturday I had never heard of KOL. They were fuckin' awsome. I'm heading over to a music store to get their albums after work, I hope I'm not dissapointed. If their albums are as good as their performance I'll be happy.

hell yeah i bashed them soo much then i went ovver and checked them out they were FUCKIN amazing!!

Paul is dead

I too only witnessed Kings of Leon due to the positioning for Arcade Fire, I was extremely upset that I had to miss The Decemberists for these douche bags but I could not risk having a bad spot for Arcade Fire...overall I thought Kings of Leon stunk.
    Quote Originally Posted by superfan View Post
    And I have a dick for you to eat if youre hungry still.

It was a toughy over Kings of Leon or the Decemberists, but I picked the Decemberists. Maybe next time.

Quote Originally Posted by woogie846 View Post
    It was a toughy over Kings of Leon or the Decemberists, but I picked the Decemberists. Maybe next time.

Wise decision my friend, wise decision

KoL were awesome, one of my favorite sets of the weekend.

Just the perfect setting - sun setting, mountains starting to glow, and the Kings rocking out with their southern-tinged rock.

No bullshitting inbetween songs, just jamming the fuck out.

Loved them.

I only like a few of their songs and checked them out only cause I wanted good spots for AF. For me they were only... meh. That song that they played second to last I think where the lead singer does this high pitched screeching thing just annoyed the fuck out of me.
    2005, 2007, 2011, 2012 W1, 2012 W2, 2013 W1, 2013 W2, 2014 W1, 2014 W2 and SOON 2015 W1 & 2015 W2!!

I was right in front for the, I thought their set was okay. I have seen them tweleve times and I just think they fit better in smaller venues. They sounded pretty good but the crowd just wasn't digging it as much as I thought.

Charmer is the song were he screams. I love that song. They had a really bad setlist. They should have played more songs from the new record. I think since the crowd isn't that familiar with them they wanted to go with a bit from each record which they did.

I saw Kinda of Leon multipletimes during U2's Vertigo Tour 2005 - I had enough during those 4 nights of U2. I did not think twice about making the Decemberist over KoL and Decemberist were worth a bad spot for Arcade Fire.

Banned

I missed them during U2's 2006 tour [Elevation???] because I guess they didn't feel like flying to Hawai'i. I wish I had missed them at Coachella as well. Their fans are obnoxious bitches that each deserved to get clocked. Luckily, for them, and me, I displayed self-control in light of the fact that Arcade Fire was destined to save my life. I suppose Arcade Fire saved their lives as well, in that way.

E

KOL was amazing it was just music to Rock too
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltaSigChi4 View Post

A long history of numerous championships, pennants, and other accolades make the Yankees the greatest franchise in all of organised sports.
    E

would have been better had so many people not crowd surfed. i was reaching into my bag to get out my camera and boom! a ladies ass was in my face. i was like wtf! and pushed her back.

KOL tore it up! Great performance...Maybe they'll finally start getting their due respect in the states.
    Last edited by Carlo Von Sexron; 04-30-2007 at 07:26 PM.
    The Finest in Elegant Flamboyance

Not a big fan of wimp-rock. KoL smoked the Decemberists. No competition.

FWIW I saw half sets of both bands.

Does anybody remember the setlist? I wanna make a playlist on itunes. It was such a blur ... I dont even remember what they opened and closed with ... I know they played the bucket, on call, soft, charmer, mcfearless, mollys chamber and california waiting and taper jean girl (opener?), but I cant remember the rest and the order.

Ive been listening to these guys alot more since Coachella and I love all 3 of their albums. Some of the most original stuff around and they kinda explore something new with each cd they come out with ... kinda like Modest Mouse
    Last edited by Modest Wolf; 05-02-2007 at 01:01 AM.

for me it was a terrible setlist...i really dont know how they could not play my 3 favs off the new cd (figure they play at least one on accident)but oh well it was still a really solid performance and i enjoyed it

They fuckin rocked!! Top 5 of coachlla this year! They sound better live than on there cd's killed it!!

they were pretty good.
    i didn't get into the new songs (i just don't like the album), but the "Aha" stuff was really good.
    i would have prefered the decemberists in front of the arcade fire, though.
    "That's the most gangster punk rock shit out there."- Z-Trip showing his love for Paul Tollett

they're so much better live than they are on their albums.

i too got there for travis and was going to sit through kings of leon and miss decemberists for my beloved arcade fire. kings of leon completely kicked ass and i am so glad that i got to see their performance.
    "All right. This is our 'last song.' Then we are going to go backstage and then come back out for our encore and play a few more songs for you."

Lurker

Well I went out and bought Because of the Times yesterday and I was not dissapointed. Great album

Quote Originally Posted by Modest Wolf View Post
    Some of the most original stuff around and they kinda explore something new with each cd they come out with ... kinda like Modest Mouse
    ahaha

Quote Originally Posted by ethan View Post
    ahaha
    haha? Well I have an idea of why youre laughing, but lets not start that conversation about MM now ... its way overdone.

They finished with "tranny"...my fav of all time!!!
    KOL RULED!
    MY SISTER IN 1994

Kings of leon was so baddddd assssss. one of my fav of the weekend right after AF.

I noticed that they slowed down most of their older songs down. It gave the songs a better and stronger sound.
    Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaSigChi4 View Post
    I missed them during U2's 2006 tour [Elevation???] because I guess they didn't feel like flying to Hawai'i. I wish I had missed them at Coachella as well. Their fans are obnoxious bitches that each deserved to get clocked. Luckily, for them, and me, I displayed self-control in light of the fact that Arcade Fire was destined to save my life. I suppose Arcade Fire saved their lives as well, in that way.

E
    I just can't get tired of hearing this shit, I love it!