Thread: WEBCAST feed down?!

Thumbs down WEBCAST feed down?!

As of 7:00 PST tonight, right around the tail end of the Kaiser Chiefs set, the webcast feed via the BlueRoom went DOWN!

Is it just my connection or anyone else having the problem? Now, with my Mac, it just shows a quick AT&T commercial and then it's all blank. Was kicking ass all day until now.

Argh. Wanted to see Klaxons!

Hopelessly despondent. I wonder if its cause all these damn kids are uploading the bootlegs to YT? Arseholes, please stop! -- they won't make the webcast free ever again, or at least available for Macintosh users!
    Last edited by DJsnugglez; 04-29-2007 at 08:05 PM.

Default Re: WEBCAST feed down?!

Quote Originally Posted by dantheman353 View Post
    working for me right now... try again?
    Thanx for replying -- this board is eerily quiet.

Still nothing. I've restarted, I've reinstalled (Flip4Mac...), yet each time it still opens up in QT with a "mac.asx" file showing just the AT&T commercial and thats it. It keeps running with no sound and no picture.

Good golly miss freakin flogging molly! Klaxons where art thou?!

S.O.S.

BINGO.

It's up again.

I will hereby stop my bitchin'.

Angry Re: WEBCAST feed down?!

it hasn't worked all weekend.

its sucks they dont have rage!!! wtf

do u guys know if theres gonna be rage webcast? and what time rage is gonna play

well if you have the intel mac and windows (like lucky ole me) it is working just fine in IE. Safari was no worky, nor Firefox in Windows or Mac.

You just missed Neil Finn getting pelted mid-"dont dream its over" by a bottle or something, nearly walked off i think

So are they not playing rage at all?

why the hell wouldnt they play rage?

there are like 5 threads on this now.

Rage would not agree to being webcasted. Only bands that agreed could be used.

I guess what they're saying is buy a dvd, buy a ticket, or get bent.

Quote Originally Posted by scrodpiece View Post

man, that sucks, i guess im going to have to deal with low quality cell phone videos, with people in the way

Quote Originally Posted by scrodpiece View Post

Nah, it's not like that folks.

Bands, even veteran stalwarts like RATM, have little say on the matter.

The folks who didn't allow it were their management and the AEGoldenvoice people, since they know all the damn kids were going to record it and upload it onto YouTube and the like. That stuff nowadays cuts heavily into DVD sales and such.

Plus the makeshift management team for RATM have another deal following Coachella with Rock the Bells / Guerrilla Union, which also plans on putting out a DVD and such after their summer shows are over.

That's always the paradox to mass distribution. like when people used to complain a decade ago about how Rage were signed onto Epic/Sony. The band needs to stay profitable to be able to be widely accessed and enjoyed by us all.

(It's also interesting to wonder whether RATM would have ever signed to a major label if they were to have started in today's era, with all the D.I.Y. tools available to bands....)

BTW, what the hell were Crowded House doing here? I mean, they seemed like nice and sporty guys and all.....but....aaaawkward trying to warm up the crowd amassed in front of them anticipating RATM. very LOLian moment. Only at Coachella.

Amos Lee was better than expected - known to most as That Starbucks Dude, but he's got a bit of soul in him. Bit bizarre (read: uncool) being bespectacled on stage like that, as if was performing as a TA at a grad lecture.

Then the grandaddy of them all, the moment we've all been waiting for.....the LEMONHEADS! Goldenvoice was literally giving out tickets to their show at the El Rey last week, so they were a filler slot. Evan Dando was stoned out of his mind, and it took them nearly 40 mins to get to a well-known tune ("Ray"), and in the feedback in between songs you can clearly hear Rage in the background ("...is that Rage Against the Miami Sound Machine?" Dando quipped).

After Dando & co. took off, there was an interesting 2 or 3 minutes of an empty stage. You could hear loud cheers and a Tom Morello solo in the distance. Not all had been lost.

Well done, Webcast.
    Last edited by DJsnugglez; 04-30-2007 at 10:09 AM. Reason: POSTSCRIPT!