Thread: Friday changed my life

Default Friday changed my life

it was the first time i had gone to coachella and it completely blew my mind im really pissed i cant go sunday for placebo and ill never miss another day of coachella again...any outher first timers realize how amazing it is?

Default Re: Friday changed my life

best thread ever
    coachella vet: 02, 03, 06, 07, 08, 09......
    http://mrgwillgo.blogspot.com/

I realized it's was amazingly hot and no amount of preparation will save you from making at least one fatal mistake.

congrats...that's how i felt my first time too...trust me, everyone realizes how amazing it is!!!
    there, there

Rage did an awesome job closing out the show.

Just the opposite. This was my fifth Coachella, and while everything is still nice and dandy once you're in, the entrance nightmare has convinced me it's just not worth it anymore.

Ticketmaster (the devil) fucked up, the ticketmaster agent at the entrance took my ticket and wouldn't give it back to me but had the security guard shoo me off (this is where I should've reported an armed robbery). She just assumed that I was using a previously used ticket and wouldn't listen to reasonI found out that the ticket had been reprinted and there was a new one for me at the Will Call... they wouldn't give it to me without the original ticket since it wasn't on hold for any name, just as a reprint.

So Ticketbastard cost me an hour, a good show and a 100$... Of course the customer service dismissed it saying that since I didn't buy it directly from them, no refund - never buy tickets in groups kids.

The festival itself is great and I've had great years, but with the huge fuckup that is the entry, the security pat down and the ticketmaster assholes, I'm going to spend the dough on better festivals.

Goldenvoice, get the entry fixed and tell Ticketmaster to sort their shit out or find another ticket outlet.

Judgy McMarco TeamCoachellaHellYeah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by airguitarvet View Post
    best thread ever
    word...word...
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Reviewers who note the size of the crowd are dumb fucks.
    COACHELLA's: 2001. 2002. 2003. 2004. 2005. 2006. 2007. 2008. 2009. 2010. 2011. 2012. 2013. 2014. 2015.

Talking Re: Friday changed my life

It was my boyfriend and I first time too and I thought I was going to hate it with the hot weather and people being assholes ( i already live i hawaii, i like to travel to cooler climated places for vacation believe it or not. I already live in hot weather!)I experienced some assholish behavior, but I didn't let it ruin my good time! We heard of Coachella but already planned vacations elsewhere. We heard of the line up this year and and decided to go. We liked it so much that we plan to go every year. I already told the guy we rented a condo from that we plan to stay at his place next year. Yeah, I'm just bummed that we never tried Coachella sooner. It was the best trip I've had so far... I think my boyfriend and I are driving our friends nuts coz we keep talking about how great Coachella was.

that happend to me the saturday of 2006, but friday 2007 was amazing too!! exept for the 4 hours file i made for the tikets
    Quote Originally Posted by lisa pea View Post
    I'm missing school Friday and Monday for Coachella...and I'm the teacher!

Fuck with Bjork and Gogol Bordello closing Friday night, i was just speachless. it was such fun and i got to see Interpol which i really wanted to see for a long time.

Friday was amazing... Faithless was the best performance of the festival... Comedians of Comedy, Noisettes and Tokyo Police Club were inspiring finds... Silversun Pickups and Tilly and the Wall kicked ass... Stephen Marley, Peaches, Jarvis Cocker lit up the Outdoor Stage... Faithless (again) was a religious experience... And I couldn't make it through Gogol Bordello... Maybe I need to pace better next year...

Oh yeah, Placebo was nothing special, trust me... >>;
    Upcoming Shows:
    * Dillon Francis + Anamanaguchi -- December 28th

Going to Weekend 1 of Coachella 2014

Cara. Don't judge a man for not being able to formulate a coherent thought. On an internet forum of all places.

Coachella Junkie boarderwoozel3's Avatar

Yep, I had a lot of first timer awe this coachella. I'm already recruting more freinds to come with me next year. 11 months until coachella 2008, woot!!

Judgy McMarco TeamCoachellaHellYeah's Avatar

My 1st coachella back in 2001 changed my life...namely for the discovery of one particular band: Sigur Rós. I saw them on a off chance namely on a interview with Thom Yorke where he name checked the band. First US show and it was epic. After that I danced the night away to the Chemical Bros.
    Epic...epic...epic...
    Reviewers who note the size of the crowd are dumb fucks.
    COACHELLA's: 2001. 2002. 2003. 2004. 2005. 2006. 2007. 2008. 2009. 2010. 2011. 2012. 2013. 2014. 2015.

Quote Originally Posted by mimi3000 View Post
    It was my boyfriend and I first time too and I thought I was going to hate it with the hot weather and people being assholes ( i already live i hawaii, i like to travel to cooler climated places for vacation believe it or not. I already live in hot weather!)I experienced some assholish behavior, but I didn't let it ruin my good time! We heard of Coachella but already planned vacations elsewhere. We heard of the line up this year and and decided to go. We liked it so much that we plan to go every year. I already told the guy we rented a condo from that we plan to stay at his place next year. Yeah, I'm just bummed that we never tried Coachella sooner. It was the best trip I've had so far... I think my boyfriend and I are driving our friends nuts coz we keep talking about how great Coachella was.
    Cool. It's good to hear about people having a good experience.
    Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.

lowfront

This was my first coachella and it was absolutly the greatest time of my life. The heat didn't bother me at all which was surprising. Even camping me and my buddy slept till almost 10 every morning. The bands, the atmosphere, the food, the crowd, everything was amazing to me.

I'm hoping I can go again. But I have a feeling I'm not going to have the money anymore now that I'm moving out and going to college. I'm gonna try very very hard though.

Hot Chip sticks out the most. My favorite performance ever.

dude just get a credit card its stupid but you'll get to go

It's all about Jarvis and Gogol Bordello.

Quote Originally Posted by lowfront View Post
    ...Even camping me and my buddy slept till almost 10 every morning....
    How on earth could anyone sleep past 8am?! I didn't have the luxury of having a big tent to the east of me to block the morning sun...everyday started with breakfast and beer at the beer gardens, promptly by 7:30am.
    Last edited by billtino; 06-01-2007 at 01:40 PM.
    Class of 1999, 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 W2, 2013 W1 & 2014 W2

Quote Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
    How can some1 still 100 dollars from a broke single mom!!!!! WTF!! People r so getto!! I wouldint do that to some1 I hate