Thread: Where have all the old punk rockers gone?

Default Where have all the old punk rockers gone?

On friday, a guy asked if he could take our picture because "we were such a unique couple". I responded "because we're old?" He didn't deny it.

I started noticing the age-ranges of people around me after that. We're up there in the age range (45) - although I saw people obviously older than us. However, many of the older people seem to be still hanging on to their hippie roots. I'm not old enough to have hippie roots, my roots are decidely punk rock. But, throughout the day, I rarely saw other people that "look like us". Maybe because it was a Friday and all of the grown-up punk rockers are still doing the corporate grind. But, I'm keeping my eyes open today to see if I can find some more "old punk rockers who live double lives".

Default Re: Where have all the old punk rockers gone?

I'm 52. Sheesh....I'm hanging onto my disco days, and heavy metal....LOL. When it got dark out, it was harder to tell age differences, which was good.
    Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

I'm 45, I was there, I didn't have a safety pin pushed through my cheek or anything though.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

I noticed the age thing too. Just a handful of 'older' folks. The average age was 20 - 30 range. Very few teenagers even, like under 18. More older guys than girls, in the +40 age range. It was the young crowd. I'm glad I dropped the hippy attire, would of been way outta place, not so groovy in this part of town. So California . . .

Quote Originally Posted by RockaPotaMus View Post
    I noticed the age thing too. Just a handful of 'older' folks. The average age was 20 - 30 range. Very few teenagers even, like under 18. More older guys than girls, in the +40 age range. It was the young crowd. I'm glad I dropped the hippy attire, would of been way outta place, not so groovy in this part of town. So California . . .
    i am an old hippie and i didnt feel out of place at coachella in 04 and 05 ... sure the age group is mostly 18-30 but its because of the music ... bonnaroo is maybe 25-50 so it goes ... i am almost 59 and we still have a blast at festivals .. cr*** hey and i was even BMOTW on this board, so that was way cool ... colorado ron ***

hey i was there, don't tell me what the f i saw. i'm sic of this damn ass board

Rock it was probably a function of which sets you went to see. i was one of the youngest people at nickel creek.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

hey i was there, don't tell me what the f i saw. i'm sic of this damn ass board
    dude lighten up ... i was agreeing with you .... now if no one said you were out of place, then that is your problem and not the other people at the show ... guess you showed here you are an old punk rocker ....give peace a chance cr***

Hey,
    I took a chill pill. It was soooo late last night, guess who was the bitch! I'm cool now. Ya know it was just a damn good time. Can't wait to look at all the pics to be posted. Gotta go to work. Now that's a bitch.

The bands this year pulled a younger crowd. I just always think that it is better to be that old person or couple that is out in the crowd, then to sit home and wish you still did exciting things.

Quote Originally Posted by antpeople View Post
    The bands this year pulled a younger crowd. I just always think that it is better to be that old person or couple that is out in the crowd, then to sit home and wish you still did exciting things.
    I agree. We never had kids and we take complete advantage of the freedom we have.

I guess this is the right thread to ask this,did anybody here catch the Chuck Dukowski Sextet on Sat?I just missed it and was so bummed.

Hey,
    I took a chill pill. It was soooo late last night, guess who was the bitch! I'm cool now. Ya know it was just a damn good time. Can't wait to look at all the pics to be posted. Gotta go to work. Now that's a bitch.
    ya i feel sorry for you, work at 11 am? wow, how do u do it?

EDIT: i just realized their may have been a time difference, and if there is, then my bad.

I am 37 and did not feel old. Seeing new bands gives me a sense of vibrancy. I did see a lot of teenagers there and some older people.