Thread: Idea for future business at festivals ??

Default Idea for future business at festivals ??

Is this kind of lame or inventive. I know this kind of thing has been around since the state fairs and such, but this is a bit different. Here is what I was thinking of doing (I know I probably will never do it, but itís just an idea). They now have those little printers that print 4x5 digital prints. You can also get ones that run off of battery packs so they are totally portable. So the idea is this: I have one of those printers at a festival, and you can come by a get an instant picture of you and your buds or people you met at the show, within 60 seconds (ok I know, can you say ďPolaroidĒ, but who has one anymore). Of course most anyone can also do that when they get home from the show, but again, you know how that goes. You forget who the people are, you never get time and loose the pictures, etc. Sidebar ideas: You can use paper that is already a legal size post card, so slap a stamp on them (I could even provide those stamps you can put pictures on and say at Coachella, it would be some logo of Coachella) and send them to your friends that couldnít make it. You can write on the back of the pictures, the emails of your new friends so you can attach names, emails, are pictures with each other. I donít know if I could make enough renting a vendor booth, so it might be more of just a campground thing, or places like bonnaroo, Shakedown Street. Let me know other ideas I could do to make this work. It is of course too late for Coachella, but the people who go to Coachella tend to be tech savvy and could nix this whole idea, or give me some advice. Peace and have a great time at the show. Maybe next year I will be there taking pictures of you. Cr*****

Default Re: Idea for future business at festivals ??

You're thinking but it may just be me but I don't think there's a market for printed photos. Especially because there are so many options for having your own camera - digital, disposable or phone-based - that if you don't have one it's either a very conscious choice or because you don't have any money or interesting in pictures.
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    See how wrong you are, Tommy? Randy is agreeing with you.

Default Re: Idea for future business at festivals ??

Quote Originally Posted by mountmccabe View Post
    You're thinking but it may just be me but I don't think there's a market for printed photos. Especially because there are so many options for having your own camera - digital, disposable or phone-based - that if you don't have one it's either a very conscious choice or because you don't have any money or interesting in pictures.
    I kind of thought of that too. Thatís one reason I posed the question. The phone cameras might be the big downfall for this idea. Sometimes I wonder if physical pictures will be a thing of the past but then besides those electronic frames, if you want to hang a picture, well then you need a paper one. I was thinking more a long the line of the postcard idea just to bug your friends that didnít go, or a ďmemoĒ of people and names, etc. We are talking cheap too, with just a little volume, you could make a profit at just $1 a picture. I know when I go to shows, there are times I donít want to take a camera either, but I would like a quick snapshot of the group I happened to be with that day. If I did that inside thought, I guess I would need a vendor license if it was an ďinstantĒ sort of thing. So just shooting the idea out here and thanks for your comment. Cr*****