Thread: ROADTRIP FROM TEXAS

Red face ROADTRIP FROM TEXAS

SOOO ME AND MY FRIENDS LIVE IN TEXAS AND GOTTA SEE RAGE.. SO WE WANT TO DRIVE FROM AUSTIN GO SEE RAGE ON SUNDAY AND DRIVE BACK AND TAKE FINALS ON WED.. THINK ITS POSSIBLE? BUT ITS RAGE.. YOU GOTTA DO IT RIGHT??

Default Re: ROADTRIP FROM TEXAS

No... You don't. But have fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    I try to be politically pc more than most here: As a dude, anyone who could put a shark up a gals pc body, is pretty creepy, different and interesting. Just saying big time ..... cr****

Lurker

... that is crazy. i live in Houston and have a final that wednesday too, but i'm flying. you guys are hardcore if you do it, but you'll be taking that final on no sleep... since the weekend.

Thats not bad, i'm planning a 22+ hour drive from Dallas, plan on getting back to work by wednesday morning. That splits the drive up over two days and gives me enough rest to make it back.

We're coming from Houston and flying. I wonder how many are making the trip from Texas and where are all YA'LL staying...LOL

I'm coming from Dallas and I'm hoping my best friend takes vacation that week so he can come too, lol. I've almost convinced him. If he comes we're driving. If not, I'm flying. But I will have to carry-on quite a bit of stuff, rent a car, etc.

I've always wanted to go to this one but I've never liked the line-up as much as I do this one. (So much for this being the worst line-up ever, lol)

We're coming from Houston, renting a car and making the 20 hour drive. There's 5 of us so each of us will only be driving for around 4 hours. We'll be leaving on Thursday and driving through Friday (yeah we're missing Friday concerts I know we suck, whatever) and we'll be staying in the campsite. It's going to be so amazing, trip of a lifetime. I just hope no "the Hills Have Eyes" $h!t happens to us while we're driving through New Mexico and Arizona lol.

Me and 4 friends are coming from Austin too, were leaving friday early morning to be there fri night and camp for saturday and sunday shows. Hopefully all goes well and we have no car trouble, that be the fucking pits.

Pffff.... Texas... Friends and I are driving down from Vancouver, BC...

Me and my roommate plan on taking a week off from wednesday to wednesday to drive there from fort Worth, and go camping. is there any kool things to see on the way there, or is it worth wasting the time?

I'm in Houston and I would really like to drive there instead of flying. But I have to be back to work on Tuesday!

It seems like there's a lot of people going from Texas! But it's Rage, right!?

Quote Originally Posted by fuct_bum View Post
    I'm in Houston and I would really like to drive there instead of flying. But I have to be back to work on Tuesday!

It seems like there's a lot of people going from Texas! But it's Rage, right!?
    Well, I'm going for Crowded House, Bjork, The Good The Bad The Queen, Air, and possibly Jarvis Cocker, but I'm sure Rage is motivating many other people to go. My friend is going with me now, so it looks like I will be on that long road trip from DFW. (Instead of flying) We should all caravan, lol.

I'm going from houston as well but not driving...

Welcome Texans ..!!

Anyone from Texas going solo? I might be... Message me if you are...

pz

I drove from houston in 05 and well, it was quite an amazing trip and i loved it (if you haven't done the road trip yet, it's definately something you have to do.) In 06 decided to fly out there, and it was sooo much easier. So we're gonna fly out there this year again. Last 2 times we did the Vegas thing after the concert, but not this year (damn school).

I'm insanely excited to see Rage, but i'm definately looking forward to Bjork, Interpol, The Arcade Fire, Placebo, The Good the Bad and the Queen, and like 20 others, haha.

Definately camping though. Camping's the best.
    this is where the static turns to snow

I'll be driving from El Paso with my girlfriend and 1 or 2 friends. Staying in Rancho Mirage. Maybe we could start a convoy. We could tag our cars with the name of our favorite band so we could identify each other.
    Last edited by cchap6; 02-01-2007 at 02:02 PM.

Lurker

Me and one other are drivin from Dallas! Not sure if we want to rent a car or not... suppose I'm paranoid. But I'm totally psyched about the line-up this year!

a few people coming from el paso as well, this will be our 3rd coachella. roadtrippin

Me and some others are renting a van and driving from Houston, should be fun!

Hello fellow Texans. I know there are people coming from all over and departing at various times but I was wondering if anyone was meeting up to caravan down there. We are leaving Austin on Thursday evening and would definitely be down to meet up, so we can caravan down to Coachella. Just drop me a line.

acruz@grandecom.net
    Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it. Ferris Bueller

Lurker

I live in Indio and have been to the last 6 Coachella's.. However far you guys are driving it is worth it. Come early and stay as long as you can. For those of you camping, the party only starts when each night ends and everyone heads to their tents.

Just drink lots of water along with everything else. The desert is dry....

We Texans are used to bitchass heat, its the northern folks that need to worry. T minus 48 hours and we will be on the road. So much crap left to do though.
    I go to shows and festivals.
    Photos.
    http://www.facebook.com/photos.php?id=174734597279
    Over 1000 youtube videos from concerts
    http://http://www.youtube.com/thefestivalninja

Texas is far but good luck with this.
    Quote Originally Posted by God
    Do you want to continue talking about Lizards?

If you do it, can you take me home with you??? I"m ridesharing to, but not back, so I"m looking for some texans with extra room to let me tag along...

thanks!!!

Nice rumors!

That's not hard at all. I'm driving from Texas too (san antonio). I have a 3-day pass and I have to be at work on Tuesday or I'll probably get fired. I'm waking up at 9am on monday and booking it... going to work on no sleep.

if you leave monday morning you'll get home by 2 or 3am. you can sleep and study and sleep again. no sweat.
    We serve people like you as good food! ~sign in a restaurant window, Tokyo, Japan