Thread: a good spot for rage?

Default a good spot for rage?

hey, i'm a kid from canada just wondering if there's any chance i could make it to the front to see rage? i'm going to school and going to this show is going to break me but i can't miss out.

Default Re: a good spot for rage?

if you get there early before the gates open and then camp out in front of the main stage from noon to 9/10/whenever they'll come on, yes. but you'll be missing the point of being at a music festival.

Quote Originally Posted by cashew View Post
    if you get there early before the gates open and then camp out in front of the main stage from noon to 9/10/whenever they'll come on, yes. but you'll be missing the point of being at a music festival.
    i'll be there all three days so i will be able to experience the festival atmosphere for the friday and saturday. rage is the important part for me anyways. it's going to be unreal.

If I get to Coachella. I WILL be at the front! You can bet on it nothing will stope me...
    hopefully

yeah me neither man. haha i'm basically willing to risk my life for a spot at the front.

You don't need to camp out all day. You can probably squeeze in there during one or two bands ahead of their slot. Make sure you bring bottles of water with you!!
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

I hope i don't have to camp out all day but you may be underestimating the fanbase that is going to want to have a spot at the front. I will make it to the front if it's the last thing i do. Haha all hell can't stop me now.

Quote Originally Posted by el_harderino View Post
    I hope i don't have to camp out all day but you may be underestimating the fanbase that is going to want to have a spot at the front. I will make it to the front if it's the last thing i do. Haha all hell can't stop me now.
    Just bring water, OK? We don't want you to pass out int the pit.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

you gotter boss. i aint takin no chances haha.

You will be risking your life, literally, if you plan on camping out in front of the mainstage in 90+ degree weather for 12+ hours with no access to water or food.
    2004, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2012b, 2013a, 2014a

Hey I'm a lifeguard, I'm used to the heat and scoping out ladies in scandolous outfits. Haha.

hey, i'm a kid from canada just wondering if there's any chance i could make it to the front to see rage? i'm going to school and going to this show is going to break me but i can't miss out.
    good luck with that
    The Glitter Freeze

Coachella 99-10 Vet, the run has ended in 2011

Quote Originally Posted by a_fool_from_edinburgh View Post
    If I get to Coachella. I WILL be at the front! You can bet on it nothing will stope me...
    hopefully
    I hate people like you
    The Glitter Freeze

Coachella 99-10 Vet, the run has ended in 2011

Quote Originally Posted by C DUB YA View Post
    I hate people like you
    thats a bit harsh eh? I mean they are only the one band in the world that I wish i could see before I die, and had always though I'd never get that chance. Until now that is, heck I wouldn't even be going if it wern't for Rage, having said that I ain't going just for Rage, no sir! Manu Chao Infected Mushroom Tiesto Shadow it seems like an epic festival.
    I can't even afford to go so it looks like I'll be getting myself in alot of debt trying to attend and I aint gonna do that just to stand at the back while Rage play

eh. i'm not worried about bein in front for rage. especially with all the great acts goin on that day. chances are I will hustle over once they start playing and dance my ass somewhere in the middle.

yeah be careful if you're going up for rage before the show, take food and water, LOTS of water, like 3+ liters of water, preferably even more!

Lurker

Quote Originally Posted by a_fool_from_edinburgh View Post
    I can't even afford to go so it looks like I'll be getting myself in alot of debt trying to attend and I aint gonna do that just to stand at the back while Rage play
    I'm in the same boat man, i got fired a month a go, still looking for a job and don't know how i'm going to pay rent feb. 1, but I know that on saturday, I'm putting a 3-day ticket on my credit card cuz i gots to see

RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE

NO way i hell i'm missing that show - my plan is to get up close a few hours early and be there for when they come on, but hopefully have someone else willing to set up a blanket about midway back. I would much rather have some space and be able to cut loose and rock out than be packed in like a bowl of swag having to worry about catching a flying elbow from the pit.

On second thought, i've heard it's not a good show and you all should just stay home

If you're there for rage, then you arent gonna see Infected Mushroom, because they'll be playing in the sahara late...

Last year myself and two friends stayed front row at the Main stage on Saturday, through the end of Sigur Ros' set. It would have been easy to stay the entire night. We drank probably 18 bottles of water between the three of us from noon until 8pm, then the security guards helped pull us over the gate and we went and ate dinner, then went to the Sahara tent.

The only challenge in trying to stay at the front row, really, is going to the bathroom. By the time Rage's set is over you would have spent over 12 hrs in the same freakin' spot. I actually left the front at about 3:30 and went to piss and get more water, and squirmed my way to the front during the Duke Spirit. It was really easy to get about 3-4 rows back, but after that, people do NOT want to let any newcomers in.

It actually shouldn't be all that hard to get a good spot. You just probably should get to the stage that rage is playing on 2 acts beforehand or so and work your way through the crowd.

Last year I was in the first 5 or so rows for every act I saw. Granted I probably didn't see as many as some people but it was worth it.

I was in the very front row for Daft Punk and for Tool, and for both of those I showed up 2 acts beforehand.

oh and just wanted to repeat what was said above. YES!!!! bring water and as much of it as you can carry on you.

Im assuming the crowd will be similar to tool's crowd from last year (in terms of massive size) and I know when I was in the crowd for yeah yeah yeahs and massive attack water was in very short supply, and everyone would have killed to get their hands on even just a drop. Luckily security was throwing out bottles to people (especially in the front) and I made friends with some of the people around me so if any of us caught one we would share it with everyone.

and for the setting up a blanket idea, that won't work with you getting close to the stage.... if you want to sit more in the back then yeah, but the crowd is going to be PACKED.

Quote Originally Posted by menikmati View Post
    If you're there for rage, then you arent gonna see Infected Mushroom, because they'll be playing in the sahara late...
    good call. plus if youre in the front you'll spend most of hte time dodging crowd surfers and getting ass fucked by that big dude behind you

Dudleyville, AZ (yes, it's a real place!)

Hey I'm a lifeguard, I'm used to the heat and scoping out ladies in scandolous outfits. Haha.

whadda nerd
    I don't have anything clever to say right now.
    Tiff's Myspace

Quote Originally Posted by superfiction View Post
    good call. plus if youre in the front you'll spend most of hte time dodging crowd surfers and getting ass fucked by that big dude behind you
    So true. In 06 there was just a ridiculous amount of people crowding around the main stage during most of the main acts, Tool and Depeche Mode especially.

I think I took two different dicks in the ass during Tool alone. During Depeche Mode, we were about 20 feet out and to the right of the main stage and we got absolutely crushed for over 2 1/2 hours.

The best spots are about 1/3 of the way out from the main stage, near the sound booth, where you can have a fence to your back.

If you're there purely for Rage, get in the gates at 11, go buy 10 water bottles, put them in a bag, and get to the main stage and stay there until they come on.