Thread: Lake Cahuilla Question

Default Lake Cahuilla Question

I have a question for those of you who have stayed at Lake Cahuilla before:

I have a spot reserved in the overflow spaces for Thursday night through Monday morning but I won't be arriving at the campgrounds until about 11 PM (or later) on Thursday night. Will there be a park ranger/employee there to check me in that late (will I even be able to enter)? Do you think I will have any issues - they won't give away my spot just because I show up late, will they?

(By the way, I already checked the Lake Cahuilla website and it didn't have this info - I called the park phone number on my reservation and it just rings and rings, no one answers and no answering machine. Very frustrating.)

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

Default Re: Lake Cahuilla Question

You will be fine. Just make sure you have a copy of your reservation conformation and show it to the ranger at the front. I've camped there the past three years and usually arrive late and have never had a problem. We will probably be getting there around the same time as well. See you there. Also make sure to bring some type of shade covering to save you from the morning sun. By 7 or 8 your tent is a sauna and you will not find any natural shade in the overflow camping area.

Lurker

Thumbs up Re: Lake Cahuilla Question

Hey!!

Yea, I work at Lake Cahuilla... we'll have people there all night it's no problem. I'm sorry you were frustrated and our phones weren't being answered. We moving our office and need to fix the phone lines to a new location but for now we are not able to charge our phones at the office so they die and we have to recarge them at the original office. Technical difficulties.

Have a great camp,
    Hannah

Default Re: Lake Cahuilla Question

Thanks for the info guys!

One less thing I have to worry about...