Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 109

Thread: Barry Bonds

  1. #31
    Member Caitlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    San Leandro, California
    Posts
    999

    Default Re: Barry Bonds

    Quote Originally Posted by DeltaSigChi4 View Post
    Good defense.

    Let me apply it to another argument:

    Hitler wasn't so bad. People were oppressing others for years. Let's not be ignorant, k folks.

    Stupid stupid girl. Just go away and stop embarrassing yourself.

    E
    Yeah, because you can totally compare poor sportsmanship and cheating to Hitler and mass genocide. If i'm stupid, you're leading the God damn Choir.

    Barry Bonds hasn't only been a homerun record breaker, his records show that he's been an outstanding all-around player both outfield and behind the bat.
    Last edited by Caitlin; 04-25-2007 at 10:04 AM.
    http://www.myspace.com/caitapalooza
    WHITE CHICKS AND GANG SIGNS FTW

    Quote Originally Posted by Senor Cardgage View Post
    Sadly, what I didnt know is that commie chicks = lack of grooming technology + panties made of burlap = Vagina Crimes Against Humanity.

  2. #32
    Member joppy-slow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    smittens
    Posts
    1,348

    Default Re: Barry Bonds

    Quote Originally Posted by DeltaSigChi4 View Post
    The record-breaking season ...


    nothing off there at all. No performance enhancement of any sort, huh ... Caitlin. Oh wait, your argument is that he is a cheater but others do it as well so it is okay. My bad. Let me send my 200$ to the Barry Bonds Performance Fund so he can have a few more days of designer drugs to help his hitting the long ball.

    E
    do you have graphs for MM and Sosa? as well as maybe 2 players who weren't juicing over the last few years?

    would love to see the comparisons.. thanks..

    and Barry Bonds is an asshole.. but still a great ball player..
    2001, 2004, 2007, 2009

    2013 EDM wishlish (please):

    classixx, stanton warriors, logistics, jefr tale
    spencer & hill, bent, eric prydz, mike realm, nick thayer
    kruder & dorfmeister, young punx, phonat, treasure fingers
    Kraak & Smaak, sergio & benoit, kris menace, bassjackers, DJ Craze
    DIGITALISM, knifeparty, chemical brothers, bassbintwins, seth troxler

  3. #33
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV, USA
    Posts
    3,500

    Default Re: Barry Bonds

    I can compare anything I so choose.

    Go watch your hero hit some more home runs while on performance enhancement drugs. Go watch Bonds desecrate the record books. Go watch that piece of shit destroy the sport that he should be banned for life from.

    E

  4. #34
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV, USA
    Posts
    3,500

    Default Re: Barry Bonds

    All the charts were discussed/debated on the Beckett boards long ago. I only saved the Bonds' ones [I have his slugging % too], because I despise him particularly for his attitude. McGwire made me feel sympathy for him during the Congressional hearings. He had no excuse; cheated as well, but I still feel sorry for him because he's a likable person. He seems regretful for at least getting caught, if not for doing it entirely. Bonds blames everyone for having caught him red-handed. Blames the media, blames rival fans, blames Ghandi. He's the biggest coward in baseball and deserved to be banned for life.

    E

  5. #35
    Member Caitlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    San Leandro, California
    Posts
    999

    Default Re: Barry Bonds

    Quote Originally Posted by DeltaSigChi4 View Post
    I can compare anything I so choose.

    Go watch your hero hit some more home runs while on performance enhancement drugs. Go watch Bonds desecrate the record books. Go watch that piece of shit destroy the sport that he should be banned for life from.

    E
    Not if you want to successfully back up any kind of arguement instead of just spatting out random bullshit to hear yourself talk.

    Awe, how cute, I got you all wound up. There, there "E" - it will all be alright. Just go yell at a few children to reboost that keen self esteem you've got going for yourself.
    http://www.myspace.com/caitapalooza
    WHITE CHICKS AND GANG SIGNS FTW

    Quote Originally Posted by Senor Cardgage View Post
    Sadly, what I didnt know is that commie chicks = lack of grooming technology + panties made of burlap = Vagina Crimes Against Humanity.

  6. #36
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Wi Beta.
    Posts
    272

    Default Re: Barry Bonds

    Quote Originally Posted by DeltaSigChi4 View Post
    All the charts were discussed/debated on the Beckett boards long ago. I only saved the Bonds' ones [I have his slugging % too], because I despise him particularly for his attitude. McGwire made me feel sympathy for him during the Congressional hearings. He had no excuse; cheated as well, but I still feel sorry for him because he's a likable person. He seems regretful for at least getting caught, if not for doing it entirely. Bonds blames everyone for having caught him red-handed. Blames the media, blames rival fans, blames Ghandi. He's the biggest coward in baseball and deserved to be banned for life.

    E

    So its kinda like you and the message board?

  7. #37
    old school fober's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    2,526

    Default Re: Barry Bonds

    I'm not a fan of baseball, though I am knowledgeable.

    I want Barry to crush the record. And I don't just mean this year, I hope he plays another 10 years with an AL team as a DH and completely obliterates it.

    Why you ask? Cause I'm sick and tired of baseball fans acting all high and mighty as though he's the only player ever to use steroids. If you enjoyed baseball anytime from 1985-present, you have no right to complain.

    Frankly, I don't care about Barry (or baseball in general), but COME ON! with the unnecessary backlash.

    In fact, if everyone in baseball freely juiced themselves, I'd probably be more inclined to watch.
    ▓░░░░▓░░▓▓▓░▓▓▓░▓▓▓
    ▓░░░▓░▓░▓░░░▓▓░░▓░▓
    ▓░░░▓▓▓░▓░▓░▓░░░▓▓░
    ▓▓▓░▓░▓░▓▓▓░▓▓▓░▓░▓
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ▓░░░░▓░░▓▓▓░▓▓▓░▓▓▓
    ▓░░░▓░▓░▓░░░▓▓░░▓░▓
    ▓░░░▓▓▓░▓░▓░▓░░░▓▓░
    ▓▓▓░▓░▓░▓▓▓░▓▓▓░▓░▓
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ▓░░░░▓░░▓▓▓░▓▓▓░▓▓▓
    ▓░░░▓░▓░▓░░░▓▓░░▓░▓
    ▓░░░▓▓▓░▓░▓░▓░░░▓▓░
    ▓▓▓░▓░▓░▓▓▓░▓▓▓░▓░▓


  8. #38
    Member Caitlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    San Leandro, California
    Posts
    999

    Default Re: Barry Bonds

    Quote Originally Posted by fober View Post
    Why you ask? Cause I'm sick and tired of baseball fans acting all high and mighty as though he's the only player ever to use steroids. If you enjoyed baseball anytime from 1985-present, you have no right to complain.
    Thats more so along the lines of the point I was trying to make, fober. Thank you.
    http://www.myspace.com/caitapalooza
    WHITE CHICKS AND GANG SIGNS FTW

    Quote Originally Posted by Senor Cardgage View Post
    Sadly, what I didnt know is that commie chicks = lack of grooming technology + panties made of burlap = Vagina Crimes Against Humanity.

  9. #39
    I <3 Fall Out boy Yablonowitz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    In a House
    Posts
    5,881

    Default Re: Barry Bonds

    Quote Originally Posted by Sigmabass View Post
    So its kinda like you and the message board?
    Now THAT'S a good analogy.

    Caitlin has a point...regardless of the fact that he's clearly a big time juicer and they definitely played a role in his home run stats and his slugging % and his average....he is still, REGARDLESS of that, one of the most talented baseball players in the history of baseball. I find it incomprehensible that he wasn't satisfied with his natural abilities enough to start juicing up. I mean, I know why everyone will say he did it - selfishness, etc. But to me, it just doesn't make sense. He could have broken a lot of records without juicing. Steroids don't make you better at reading pitches.

    I used to believe his denials because he was so amazing to watch. And it still is amazing if you see how fast he can react to a pitch, there's just no one like that. And that has nothing to do with roids. The power does...not the instincts.
    Quote Originally Posted by ByTheWay, View Post
    If anyone raped or molested my wife or child i'd off them myself so I guess it doesn't matter. If you don't feel those type of emotions in that situation then that is you and in my opinion makes you a twisted person from a twisted state (UTAH) if that is where your from!

  10. #40
    Peaceful Oasis TomAz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Zenith, Winnemac
    Posts
    40,938

    Default Re: Barry Bonds

    Quote Originally Posted by fober View Post
    Cause I'm sick and tired of baseball fans acting all high and mighty as though he's the only player ever to use steroids. If you enjoyed baseball anytime from 1985-present, you have no right to complain.
    first sentence: show me an example of any baseball fan claiming (or acting as if) Bonds was the only roid head.

    second sentence: does not follow logically from the first. If we'd known at the time the players were juiced up, you might have a point. but Balco didnt hit until the last few years.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

  11. #41
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV, USA
    Posts
    3,500

    Default Re: Barry Bonds

    Quote Originally Posted by Sigmabass View Post
    So its kinda like you and the message board?
    I don't get paid to post here.

    I also don't act all high and mighty when someone from the message board tries to meet me. Or deny giving them an autograph because I'm a worthless prick. I also don't whine like a lil bitch [or a "lil Barry"] when people attack me. Attack me all you want; it's quite weak compared to what they say on fight boards.

    E

  12. #42

    Default Re: Barry Bonds

    Quote Originally Posted by DeltaSigChi4 View Post
    The record-breaking season ...


    nothing off there at all. No performance enhancement of any sort, huh ... Caitlin. Oh wait, your argument is that he is a cheater but others do it as well so it is okay. My bad. Let me send my 200$ to the Barry Bonds Performance Fund so he can have a few more days of designer drugs to help his hitting the long ball.

    E
    ok. so analyzing the graph, it stands to reason that the drugs would have affected the 2000-01 seasons with some potential run-off the next couple of seasons.
    it could be inferred that bonds would still have over 600 HRs in his career.
    and still be closing in on 3,000 hits.
    cheating withstanding, he will still have an impressive career.
    "That's the most gangster punk rock shit out there."- Z-Trip showing his love for Paul Tollett

  13. #43
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Wi Beta.
    Posts
    272

    Default Re: Barry Bonds

    Quote Originally Posted by DeltaSigChi4 View Post
    I don't get paid to post here.

    I also don't act all high and mighty when someone from the message board tries to meet me. Or deny giving them an autograph because I'm a worthless prick. I also don't whine like a lil bitch [or a "lil Barry"] when people attack me. Attack me all you want; it's quite weak compared to what they say on fight boards.

    E
    Atleast you admit you are worthless prick.

  14. #44
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV, USA
    Posts
    3,500

    Default Re: Barry Bonds

    Quote Originally Posted by Yablonowitz View Post
    He could have broken a lot of records without juicing. Steroids don't make you better at reading pitches.
    That's questionable. SEE chart.

    I used to believe his denials because he was so amazing to watch. And it still is amazing if you see how fast he can react to a pitch, there's just no one like that. And that has nothing to do with roids. The power does...not the instincts.
    I left the "steroids don't make you better at reading pitches" without an answer because I was going to address it on this part of the multi-quote. In Jose Canseco's book, and he is the GODFATHER of performance enhancement in modern baseball, he states unequivocally that the drugs being used do improve your vision. They improve your reflexes, vision, reaction, and ability to stay injury-free. So to say that he could've/would've/should of hit X amount of homeruns without the performance enhancement is ridiculous. If he could've, why didn't he? Oh yeah, because he's a PIECE OF SHIT. Because he wouldn't have. Because the chart CLEARLY shows that there was a massive improvement in his homeruns after the time he started on designer drugs.

    E

  15. #45
    Coachella Junkie fatbastard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Pasadena
    Posts
    12,284

    Default Re: Barry Bonds

    I was aware of the controversy involving steriods. I just had no idea people were so strong in their opionion. He proboly will break the record but it's a shame to people like Hank Aaron who put their best foot forward and made a great accomplish by sweat alone. All of these opinions vaidate why people were so crazy last night.
    Whiskey Sour

    2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

    Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.

  16. #46
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV, USA
    Posts
    3,500

    Default Re: Barry Bonds

    Quote Originally Posted by ghettojournalist View Post
    ok. so analyzing the graph, it stands to reason that the drugs would have affected the 2000-01 seasons with some potential run-off the next couple of seasons.
    it could be inferred that bonds would still have over 600 HRs in his career.
    and still be closing in on 3,000 hits.
    cheating withstanding, he will still have an impressive career.
    Do you want to discuss his fielding?

    I mean, if there is anything to discuss. He possesses the fielding of a shitty AA minor leaguer.

    Do you want to discuss his attitude?

    Has it ever benefited his team in any way? Has he ever led his team to any successful run at a near championship? Oh yeah, he's possesses the leadership of a shitty butterbar LT who passes with 2.4 GPA from a shitty Southern school.

    E

  17. #47
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV, USA
    Posts
    3,500

    Default Re: Barry Bonds

    Quote Originally Posted by Sigmabass View Post
    Atleast you admit you are worthless prick.
    Troll much?

    E

  18. #48

    Default Re: Barry Bonds

    Quote Originally Posted by DeltaSigChi4 View Post
    Do you want to discuss his fielding?

    I mean, if there is anything to discuss. He possesses the fielding of a shitty AA minor leaguer.

    Do you want to discuss his attitude?

    Has it ever benefited his team in any way? Has he ever led his team to any successful run at a near championship? Oh yeah, he's possesses the leadership of a shitty butterbar LT who passes with 2.4 GPA from a shitty Southern school.

    E
    since when does attitude factor into a HoF career?

    fielding does factor, but i can almost guarantee that there are some people in there, position players, that were horrible fielders.
    "That's the most gangster punk rock shit out there."- Z-Trip showing his love for Paul Tollett

  19. #49
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV, USA
    Posts
    3,500

    Default Re: Barry Bonds

    Quote Originally Posted by ghettojournalist View Post
    since when does attitude factor into a HoF career?
    Since Shoeless Joe Jackson. Also, SEE Pete Rose.


    fielding does factor, but i can almost guarantee that there are some people in there, position players, that were horrible fielders.
    Name a couple. I know of none that are as horrid as Barry Bonds. Also, he should be banned from the sport for life, not receive a bust at Cooperstown. I'll spit on it the day it is placed there.

    E

  20. #50
    Member jerpar24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Fresno Area
    Posts
    405

    Default Re: Barry Bonds

    Quote Originally Posted by Caitlin View Post
    Because he's my favorite ball player and so I wondered what it was about. Duh, you fucking tool.
    You fail at life if he is your fav ball player. There are so many better players out there in the majors. Like anyone on the Yankees or the Dodgers.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltaSigChi4 View Post

    A long history of numerous championships, pennants, and other accolades make the Yankees the greatest franchise in all of organised sports.
    E

  21. #51
    Member Caitlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    San Leandro, California
    Posts
    999

    Default Re: Barry Bonds

    Quote Originally Posted by jerpar24 View Post
    You fail at life if he is your fav ball player. There are so many better players out there in the majors. Like anyone on the Yankees or the Dodgers.

    I guess you didn't gather from my selection that I am a SF Giants fan.

    Now would this be the Yankees that lost 5 in a row or the Dodgers that the Giants beat last night?
    http://www.myspace.com/caitapalooza
    WHITE CHICKS AND GANG SIGNS FTW

    Quote Originally Posted by Senor Cardgage View Post
    Sadly, what I didnt know is that commie chicks = lack of grooming technology + panties made of burlap = Vagina Crimes Against Humanity.

  22. #52
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV, USA
    Posts
    3,500

    Default Re: Barry Bonds

    Seasons aren't won in one game in the beginning of spring.

    And a week of unadjusted play doesn't doom a season either.

    A long history of numerous championships, pennants, and other accolades make the Yankees the greatest franchise in all of organised sports. The Giants on the other hand ....



    E

  23. #53
    Member jerpar24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Fresno Area
    Posts
    405

    Default Re: Barry Bonds

    Quote Originally Posted by DeltaSigChi4 View Post
    I can compare anything I so choose.

    Go watch your hero hit some more home runs while on performance enhancement drugs. Go watch Bonds desecrate the record books. Go watch that piece of shit destroy the sport that he should be banned for life from.

    E
    Dude I have to admit I'm on Delta's side this time around. But I do have to point out that even if he break the record. If A-ROD stays Healthy he is on his way to break any record Berry has and will set. He is also a better all around player then Bonds. B.B. is one of the shittiest fielders I have ever seen.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltaSigChi4 View Post

    A long history of numerous championships, pennants, and other accolades make the Yankees the greatest franchise in all of organised sports.
    E

  24. #54
    Member Caitlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    San Leandro, California
    Posts
    999

    Default Re: Barry Bonds

    Dear "E"

    When I care what you have to say, i'll let you know. Don't hold your breath though. On second thought, give it a shot...
    http://www.myspace.com/caitapalooza
    WHITE CHICKS AND GANG SIGNS FTW

    Quote Originally Posted by Senor Cardgage View Post
    Sadly, what I didnt know is that commie chicks = lack of grooming technology + panties made of burlap = Vagina Crimes Against Humanity.

  25. #55
    I <3 Fall Out boy Yablonowitz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    In a House
    Posts
    5,881

    Default Re: Barry Bonds

    Delta - you should be aware that there are other colors than just black and white. I'm pretty sure things are more complex than you'd like to think they are.
    Quote Originally Posted by ByTheWay, View Post
    If anyone raped or molested my wife or child i'd off them myself so I guess it doesn't matter. If you don't feel those type of emotions in that situation then that is you and in my opinion makes you a twisted person from a twisted state (UTAH) if that is where your from!

  26. #56
    Member jerpar24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Fresno Area
    Posts
    405

    Default Re: Barry Bonds

    Quote Originally Posted by Caitlin View Post
    I guess you didn't gather from my selection that I am a SF Giants fan.

    Now would this be the Yankees that lost 5 in a row or the Dodgers that the Giants beat last night?
    So they lost 5 no big deal its just the start of the seasons. The Dodgers had a bad game. Thats it don't try to try to throw something that happens at the start of the season in my face. Lets see you talk at the end of the season. When the Yankess and the Dodgers are in the playoffs while Berry is sitting on his ass rubbing in his clearcream.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltaSigChi4 View Post

    A long history of numerous championships, pennants, and other accolades make the Yankees the greatest franchise in all of organised sports.
    E

  27. #57
    Member Caitlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    San Leandro, California
    Posts
    999

    Default Re: Barry Bonds

    Hey now, if people can diss the Giants already I just felt like doing a little bit of it myself.
    http://www.myspace.com/caitapalooza
    WHITE CHICKS AND GANG SIGNS FTW

    Quote Originally Posted by Senor Cardgage View Post
    Sadly, what I didnt know is that commie chicks = lack of grooming technology + panties made of burlap = Vagina Crimes Against Humanity.

  28. #58
    Member jerpar24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Fresno Area
    Posts
    405

    Default Re: Barry Bonds

    Quote Originally Posted by DeltaSigChi4 View Post

    A long history of numerous championships, pennants, and other accolades make the Yankees the greatest franchise in all of organised sports.
    E
    That is the greatest thing delta has every said on this board
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltaSigChi4 View Post

    A long history of numerous championships, pennants, and other accolades make the Yankees the greatest franchise in all of organised sports.
    E

  29. #59
    Member Caitlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    San Leandro, California
    Posts
    999

    Default Re: Barry Bonds

    Yes, a big thanks goes out to all that money they have. If not for their fat wallets, they may not be the "great" franchise they've come to be today. Can we get a round of applause?
    http://www.myspace.com/caitapalooza
    WHITE CHICKS AND GANG SIGNS FTW

    Quote Originally Posted by Senor Cardgage View Post
    Sadly, what I didnt know is that commie chicks = lack of grooming technology + panties made of burlap = Vagina Crimes Against Humanity.

  30. #60
    Lurker
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    bay area, ca
    Posts
    42

    Default Re: Barry Bonds

    Quote Originally Posted by DeltaSigChi4 View Post
    Do you want to discuss his fielding?

    I mean, if there is anything to discuss. He possesses the fielding of a shitty AA minor leaguer.

    E
    He used to be a great fielder, too. Never had a rocket arm, really, but he has *8 Gold Gloves*! But these days, he just cannot move around out there. I was at the game last Saturday - which the Giants won 1-0, with Barry's HR being the only score. After he let a shallow fly fall in front of him, which most other left fielders would have caught, my brother yelled "Get that man a skateboard! Or a Segway!"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •