Thread: Sahara Headliners

Default Sahara Headliners

After years past of such legendary headliners as Underworld, Chemical Brothers, The Prodigy, Kraftwerk, and these guys you might have heard of called Deaf Pink, the headliners for this years Sahara seem a little....um, blah compared to years past. I am just curious if anyone has seen any of these acts before and can throw me some information about what makes them great Sahara headliners. There are a few conflicts with other bands playing but if I could get some sort of idea on some of the DJ's it could maybe take me away from some of the rock. Any information on any of the following would be great

The Rapture
    LCD Soundsystem
    Happy Mondays
    LCD Soundsystem
    Faithless
    Evil Nine

DUDE, FUCKING COACHELLA IS HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by shotglass75; 04-25-2007 at 05:16 AM.

Judgy McMarco TeamCoachellaHellYeah's Avatar

Default Re: Sahara Headliners

Thr Rapture to me seems like a odd headliner. I like them for sure but I was a little surprised to see them as a Sahara Tent headliner.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Reviewers who note the size of the crowd are dumb fucks.
    COACHELLA's: 2001. 2002. 2003. 2004. 2005. 2006. 2007. 2008. 2009. 2010. 2011. 2012. 2013. 2014. 2015.

The Rapture are fun... But yeah... Weird headliners for the Sahara tent. I would have expected them in the Mojave or Outdoor Theatre. It's all good though.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    I try to be politically pc more than most here: As a dude, anyone who could put a shark up a gals pc body, is pretty creepy, different and interesting. Just saying big time ..... cr****

Yeah, not complaining just kinda wondering about some of the choices. I know Evil Nine rips it up and what I have heard about Faithless is good. I actually would have thought Hot Chip would have gotten a night time set over The Rapture but whatever.

The Rapture as a Sahara headliner gives me the freedom to go to another stage! That's the best part.

Faithless will be amazing! Don't miss it!

As for LCD Soundsystem. I like them but I've listened to their albums and I don't see them as fitting into the Sahara tent but I will still watch!

Here's an idea Shitglass. Stick your head in the toilet, don't flush, and don't come up for air for an hour. See ya in the parking lot little boy.

Your so cute NAcademy!!!!! I just want to eat you up. I can't wait to give you a big hug and kiss when we meet. I don't even care if you think I'm gay anymore. Not that I really did anyways. Hope you have a blast at Coachella. Have a safe flight. Drink plenty of water too!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by NAcademy93 View Post
    Here's an idea Shitglass. Stick your head in the toilet, don't flush, and don't come up for air for an hour. See ya in the parking lot little boy.

What is a temper tantrum?
    # An immature way to express anger
    # Peaks between the ages of 12-36 months
    # No matter how gentle of a parent you are, your child will probably have a temper tantrum

What should I do if my child has a temper tantrum?
    # Support and help children having frustration or fatigue related tantrums.

Your child needs encouragement and understanding most at this time.

Tantrums tend to occur most frequently during periods of tiredness, and hunger.

* Ignore attention seeking or demanding type tantrums.

Including whining, crying, pounding or hitting the floor, and breath holding, if possible and safe, leave the room so your child will not have an audience.

Do not give into your child’s demands.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    I try to be politically pc more than most here: As a dude, anyone who could put a shark up a gals pc body, is pretty creepy, different and interesting. Just saying big time ..... cr****

Him and I have a history. He has kind of a anger issue and it got to me at one point but all is forgiven on my end. I just hope that when he is at the show he can just be ok that there very well might be homosexuals standing next to him. He kinda has a problem with them. We are meeting up Friday morning and enjoying a J together. I can't wait!!!!! Smile NAcademy....Coachella is here!!!!

"We are meeting up Friday morning and enjoying a J together. I can't wait!!!!!"

Ummm, no, we are not you faag loving douche. We are meeting Friday morning for me to embarass you and make you cry. Don't try to back out now just because you got yourself into a situation you can no longer handle. I will hunt you down if necessary.

Wow sounds fun. A scavenger hunt for little ol me!!!!! I'm not backing out of anything angry boy. I have just come to my senses. I think your parents didn't hug you enough so I will throw hugs instead of fists. It'll be like the scene in Good Will Hunting where Robin Williams just hugged Matt Damon and said, "It's not your fault." over and over again. I think you need a good cry.

Oh yeah, I'm outta here early!!!!!!! See ya at the show people!!!! Try to calm NAcademy down a bit. He's not going to have any fun at Coachella if he is this angry all weekend.

Happy Mondays = Legends

Slightly overrated legends, but this is a major event in any case. When was the last time they played in the US? Or anywhere?

I mean, they made a biographical movie about them. An actual film, not a TV movie on VH1.

I think Faithless have that massive energy feeling in their gigs. I have not seen them live tho.

I've seen Evil Nine twice, and they do a great act. It is not live, but dj set, and those two times they played with Juice Aleem as MC, awesome shows.

I'll see The Rapture opening for Daft Punk, and LCD Soundsystem in Lolla. So no worries there.

I'll still be there. You are a pathetic little man and karma will bite you this weekend if you no-show

I'm gonna be there for sure during lcd soundsystem(my 1st choice as must see for saturday) and maybe the rapture.

Not a headliner obviously, but Andy Rourke says he'll be there (myspace bulletin post) on Saturday at the "Coachella DJ tents." Can't see when; maybe as a guest during DJ Heather's long set?

Oh, and Happy Mondays will be insane. That is definitely one of my most anticipated sets of the weekend.

Get ready for Faithless!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=