Thread: How thorough do they search on entry?

Default How thorough do they search on entry?

Just wondering how thorough they search people and backpacks at the entrance?

Also wondering if anyone's ever successfully snuck in camcorders? Not asking how, just trying to gauge how if it's worth the risk. My back up plan is to load up on memory cards for my digital camera for video...

Default Re: How thorough do they search on entry?

They make you empty your pockets into a basket, and they search your entire bag on a table. You also get patted down.

They're thorough. Don't risk it.

If you're gonna try, try early in the day so you have time to go back to your car if you get caught without missing any good acts.

The only thing I've ever snuck in were a pair of digital camera binoculars, and they didn't say anything.

Talking Re: How thorough do they search on entry?

are there canines helping the search?

Quote Originally Posted by anicefriendlyFCKthepolice View Post
    are there canines helping the search?
    I didn't see any helping with the search last year, although I did see a couple of K9 units walking around inside on Saturday.

If you look at some of my other posts, on Sunday we were able to bring in a large backpack full of water & gatorade. When told by one security guy to head over to the special "Search Table" for bags, we just kept going and no one said anything.

I wasn't asked to empty my pockets, either. I just put my keys, cell phone, and everything else in my hands when they went to pat me down and I breezed right through.

i snuck my camcorder in '03. however, it was the smallest camcorder in the world at the time (Sony IP5)

I got great video footage with my digital camera, don't bother with the camcorder they search very thoroughly....

Here is my trick for getting the camcorder into the show, but it only works if it is really really small: Hold it in your hand as they pat you down. Usually, they won't mention it. Once, they asked me what it was and i told them it was a digital camera, so nobody cared.

Also, hold anything else you can't bring into the show in your hand. Seriously, it works. I've brought sacks, pills, mini shots of liquor in that way many times. Either that, or wear some whitey tighties and crotch everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Enrique View Post
    do they pat you down or wand you during entry?
    i always forget every year. i made sure to remember last year. its pat.
    but remember, getting in with whatever is probably easier than getting away with something risky inside.
    Last edited by chunk; 01-25-2007 at 12:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Enrique View Post
    There was a brief and amateurish pat-down...your mileage may vary. I can't remember any wanding. Last year there were tables set up with secondary security people searching bags.

Next to these tables were huge mounds of discarded contraband...namely, the evil water bottle.

They actually reach in and check every pocket of bags? I've got a backpack that's got the main pocket that will obviously get checked at any concert, but my pack also has a bit of a hidden zippered bottom area that's designed to for "shoes" that I've been able to sneak in booze at other concerts I've been to.

Quote Originally Posted by fsm10 View Post
    They actually reach in and check every pocket of bags? I've got a backpack that's got the main pocket that will obviously get checked at any concert, but my pack also has a bit of a hidden zippered bottom area that's designed to for "shoes" that I've been able to sneak in booze at other concerts I've been to.
    It really depends on the individual security person, man. There's no real answer for that question. Remember, the worst that can happen is you either have to go back to your car and stash some stuff, or throw it away.

Quote Originally Posted by Californicator View Post
    Here is my trick for getting the camcorder into the show, but it only works if it is really really small: Hold it in your hand as they pat you down. Usually, they won't mention it. Once, they asked me what it was and i told them it was a digital camera, so nobody cared.

Also, hold anything else you can't bring into the show in your hand. Seriously, it works. I've brought sacks, pills, mini shots of liquor in that way many times. Either that, or wear some whitey tighties and crotch everything.
    I did that in '05. I held an empy water bottle in my hand. They told me to throw it away when I got to the next trashcan (maybe 5 feet ahead), but I just kept it. The water inside is shitty though.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what