Thread: Kinds of Beer???

Default Kinds of Beer???

Hello,

First timer just wishing to know what kind of beer they sell at Coachella? Being that I hate domestic beer and am not too fond of Imports like Corona and Heineken, are there any other options available?

Default Re: Kinds of Beer???

i think it was heineken last year...

I thought it was Heiniken & Killians but I don't really remember because H2O was so much nicer. Really it was so hard to get a buzz I only really got full and had to piss alot. Really not worth it especially @ $8 for a small cup.

put Zima in a water bottle....if its sealed, they might let you bring it in

There's Heineken. When they run out of Heineken, they bring out the Heineken.

All kidding aside...I'm a big beer drinker and beer is usually the last thing on my mind at Coachella. During the day I was drinking water & gatorade only in an attempt to stay hydrated and avoid dying.

Bumping to see if we might have some decent beer selection this year since they are expanding the bars.

No decent beers. Always Heineken. They need to bring New Belgium in and fucking blow everyone away.

Quote Originally Posted by amdux View Post
    put Zima in a water bottle....if its sealed, they might let you bring it in
    They still make Zima? And does it still taste like smarties candies that have been crushed and liquified?
    Coachellas attended: 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 (W1), 2013 (W1)

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    Theme night listing:

Thursday Night: Woo, my parents let me out of the house!
    Friday Night: Woo, my parents let me out of the house!
    Saturday Night: Woo, my parents let me out of the house!
    Sunday Night: Boo, I have to go back to my parent's house!
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    The level of sheer laziness and pure speculation and confusion about very easily found and well-known things that this board has gotten to is truly confounding.

Quote Originally Posted by tyles View Post
    They still make Zima? And does it still taste like smarties candies that have been crushed and liquified?
    That post is from '07...
    No more zima since oct 08...
    http://www.bizjournals.com/stlouis/s...0/daily15.html

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

Heinekin is one of the major sponsors, and the fest gives them exclusivity.
    last.fm
    8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/6/14 Elvis Costello & Ben Folds - Hollywood Bowl
    9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL // 9/18/14 Neutral Milk Hotel - Hollywood Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by OtisRed View Post
    ...and rightfully so. Zima, aside from being a relic of the 1990's, makes Mike's Hard Lemonade look badass in comparison.
    Coachellas attended: 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 (W1), 2013 (W1)

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    Theme night listing:

Thursday Night: Woo, my parents let me out of the house!
    Friday Night: Woo, my parents let me out of the house!
    Saturday Night: Woo, my parents let me out of the house!
    Sunday Night: Boo, I have to go back to my parent's house!
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    The level of sheer laziness and pure speculation and confusion about very easily found and well-known things that this board has gotten to is truly confounding.

Quote Originally Posted by Doses_On_Sunday#K.C. View Post
    No decent beers. Always Heineken. They need to bring New Belgium in and fucking blow everyone away.
    Spoke with New Belgium Last month and they sd they have been trying to get the coachella account for years. They said that theyre going to be the main sponsor for lightning in a bottle this year. When i told them im going to coachella they sent me a care package full of all kinds of nick nacks from the brewery They also gave me the phone number to their Los Angeles Manager thats going to hook it up with all their new canned beers that dont come out intel May.
    Friday: Outkast | Girl Talk | HAIM | Bonobo | Flume | Wye Oak | The Preatures
    Saturday: Lorde | Sleigh Bells | CHVRCHES | Capital Cities | Warpaint | Washed Out | Banks
    Sunday: Arcade Fire | Beck | Disclosure | Lana Del Rey | AlunaGeorge | Superchunk | Daughter | Poolside

Bzzt. WRONG! Newcastle Brown Ale was available for the first time last year. How do I know? Because the moment I ordered one in the beer tent, the heavens opened up, God spoke to me, and a gentle breeze suddenly blew over the polo grounds as I took my first sip. Newcastle. Brown Ale. Sure it's pedestrian. It's also better than Heineken. And it was there last year. Hope it will be this year too.
    Steve Winwood| Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds| Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds| Echo and the Bunnymen| Echo and the Bunnymen| Paul McCartney| Foxygen| FYF Fest| NIN/Soundgarden|
    Elvis Costello| Swans| Buzzcocks| King Crimson| Elton John| Kasabian| Massive Attack| Massive Attack| Slowdive| Tame Impala| Fleetwood Mac| A Winged Victory for the Sullen

Quote Originally Posted by sonnyboy11 View Post
    Bzzt. WRONG! Newcastle Brown Ale was available for the first time last year. How do I know? Because the moment I ordered one in the beer tent, the heavens opened up, God spoke to me, and a gentle breeze suddenly blew over the polo grounds as I took my first sip. Newcastle. Brown Ale. Sure it's pedestrian. It's also better than Heineken. And it was there last year. Hope it will be this year too.
    I was gonna say I THOUGHT I drank a Newcastle last year! Just thought maybe it was in the campsite or something. I usually just bring tons of beer for the campsite and drink it before/after the show. There was a thread about the best canned beers to bring....http://whiskeygoldmine.com/beer-revi...ling-heineken/
    Coachella '10, '11, '12 (w2), '13 (w1), '14 (w1) and hopefully every one after

"I was born with music inside me. Music was one of my parts. Like my ribs, my kidneys, my liver, my heart. Like my blood. It was a force already within me when I arrived on the scene. It was a necessity for me-like food or water."
    Ray Charles

We def put a dent in the Newcastle last year. Beer garden by the main stage.

Quote Originally Posted by sonnyboy11 View Post
    Funnily enough, Newcastle is produced by Heineken.

Makes sense. That's why they've allowed it in. Bottling plant for Newcastle is still in UK at the location it was before Heineken bought it. And, of course, a much different (and I think better) type of beer than Heineken Pilsener. I don't hate Heineken, but it gets pretty old after 3 days in the hot sun.

Hm. A quick search and found this--

"In 2012, Heineken USA will introduce Newcastle Founders ale (an Extra Special Bitter style) as their spring seasonal"

Do it, Paul!
    Steve Winwood| Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds| Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds| Echo and the Bunnymen| Echo and the Bunnymen| Paul McCartney| Foxygen| FYF Fest| NIN/Soundgarden|
    Elvis Costello| Swans| Buzzcocks| King Crimson| Elton John| Kasabian| Massive Attack| Massive Attack| Slowdive| Tame Impala| Fleetwood Mac| A Winged Victory for the Sullen

The only thing that drives Heineken past the point of being an average beer is their branding, and marketing. Average beer.

you made my coachella so much better with this post.

id be honored to buy you said newcastle at some point.