Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crowded House!! Who is as excited as I am?!!

Default Crowded House!! Who is as excited as I am?!!

One of the best bands ever... never thought they'd ever reform...(won't be the same, of course, without Paul... and that does add, a good amount of sadness to it) ... but I'm just so happy to be able to see them again playing their awsome music!!

-would love to hear from other 'House' fans going!

Default Re: Crowded House!! Who is as excited as I am?!!

I saw them on the Woodface tour when Tim was in the band...great show. I'm not really a fan past their first couple albums, but they are definitely great showman.

yeah... on that tour... they actually kinda kicked Tim out half way through... lol... that ('Woodface') was their 3rd album though (a brilliant one) ...and they really only had one more studio album after that... ('Together Alone') ...which was good, but not as great as the previous 3 ... the following was a greatest hits with some other previously un-released singles... and then ... it was no more... (Tim and Neil did Finn Brothers shortly after that.)

I wasn't expecting these guys to play at all, but it is truly a pleasant surprise...

We're planning a Crowded House singalong in the Coachella Lounge. Love, love, LOVE this band. And they're really great and FUNNY live.
    Quote Originally Posted by chairmenmeow47 View Post
    i fucking hate women with their lives together who try and help other people. where are the needy bitches at?!

Quote Originally Posted by Badkat68 View Post
    ('Together Alone') ...which was good, but not as great as the previous 3
    Whoa, whoa, whoa! Together Alone is my favorite of the four...they turned their happy pop sound dark.

We should keep quiet, though. If the Rage fans on this board find us, they will kill us.
    Quote Originally Posted by ByTheWay, View Post
    If anyone raped or molested my wife or child i'd off them myself so I guess it doesn't matter. If you don't feel those type of emotions in that situation then that is you and in my opinion makes you a twisted person from a twisted state (UTAH) if that is where your from!

I thought they were a one hit wonder? Actually, i want to see their set, i am curious!

I LOVE Crowded House. I've seen Neil & Tim Finn do a few shows before, and they've done some of the classics like 4 seasons in 1 day, It's only Natural, Weather with you and Fall at your Feet, but I've never seen Crowded House.

I can't wait to see them!!!

Let's all meet up and sing along!

Crowded House seems like a very sing a longish band.

Wheelchair Epidemic hawkingvsreeve's Avatar

HEY NOW HEYYYYYY NOW

Quote Originally Posted by The Nichole View Post
    I thought they were a one hit wonder? Actually, i want to see their set, i am curious!
    Eh...four or five hits at least. Plus some Split Enz hits...it'd be cool if they do a few.

I was not a big fan until I saw them live. I liked Split Enz, and I thought CH's first album was OK, but I only saw them because they were at a festival 15 years ago. (Oddly, pre-headlining for the Meat Puppets.)

They are just plain fun

Quote Originally Posted by Yablonowitz View Post
    Whoa, whoa, whoa! Together Alone is my favorite of the four...they turned their happy pop sound dark.

We should keep quiet, though. If the Rage fans on this board find us, they will kill us.
    I'm so excited about this chance to see CH live! I'm mostly into hard rocking bands (especially Rage!)... and this is one band that fits the what's-wrong-with-this-picture when seeing their CDs among all the rest in my collection. I know this is gonna sound corny?!, but there's something about Neil's voice that is soothing, almost spiritual. I've read everywhere including Frenz.com how great and entertaining they are live... it's gonna be great.

Although I doubt they'll play it, I want to hear I Feel Possessed. And, Private Universe.

can't wait totally unexpected and should be brill!

Brill? Brill building?
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

Quote Originally Posted by Yablonowitz View Post

I don't know about that. My favorite album of theirs, Temple of Low Men, is pretty dark too. Beautiful, wonderful album. I can't wait!
    Quote Originally Posted by chairmenmeow47 View Post
    i fucking hate women with their lives together who try and help other people. where are the needy bitches at?!

Crowded House is the reason I'm considering coming all the way from Texas to this festival. Bjork and Jarvis Cocker are great, too, but Crowded House has got to be one of the most underrated bands ever. It's a shame they never reached the same level of success in America as they did in pretty much every other part of the English-Speaking world.

Cool, I thought people'd be bitching about Crowded House on the lineup. They are one of my must-sees, close to the top.
    If anyone raped or molested my wife or child i'd off them myself so I guess it doesn't matter. If you don't feel those type of emotions in that situation then that is you and in my opinion makes you a twisted person from a twisted state (UTAH) if that is where your from!

Same.
    Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    The Weeknd will probably play some secret show nobody knows about cause he is even more cryptic than I am.

so cool to see everyone's love of the band here... and 'yes'... I need to back up on my statement on the 'Together Alone' album... the great songs that are strong on there are AWSOME... I LOVE 'Distant Sun' , 'Locked Out', and 'Private Universe' ...it was just that phase in the band's career...where you could hear some of the music on that album being slightly reminiscent/derivative of songs on their past albums... and also because...'Woodface' was such a 'peak' album for them, creatively.
    And I agree with who said 'Temple' is one of their darkest albums... it is... and it's also amazing and probably one of my favs.... ('Better be Home Soon'...I mean... come on!!!)
    And then - of course, you have 'Woodface'... which as a whole album..is phenomenol... that whole tour was fantastic... I was lucky to see them 4x on that tour (twice with Tim...twice witohut)... those of you who'll this will be your first time seeing them...you're gonna truly love them. It will be bittersweet without Paul... but - no doubt - Neil and Nick will pay/play tribute to him. (and 'yes'...let's definitely all connect beforehand to meet up and have our 'sing-a-long there!! )

Talking Re: Crowded House!! Who is as excited as I am?!!

This is the most exciting news I could possibly have heard!!!!! Brilliant. I saw the Finn Bros. in 2005 and they're good as ever.

By the way, here's the official website. It's got a new Neil interview on it.

I hope CH gets a good time slot!

Thanks for that link, proudpom... SO cool to see! They were the most influential band for me... as far as my writing goes... years later now as an 'adult'... so great to get to see them again

Quote Originally Posted by The Nichole View Post
    what was their one hit?
    Quote Originally Posted by TanTan View Post
    Jesus could be closing the outdoor stage and conflict with OutKast, and I would still be up front for Andre3000's comeback

In my opinion, they're one of the best pop bands ever. Don't Dream It's Over is wonderfully written.

How would I start with Crowded House? Which albums/songs?

I reactivated my yourmusic subscription. They only have their best of collections like Classic Matter (2003) and The Very Best of Crowded House (1996).

The Very Best is in my queue now.

Recurring Dream - The Very Best of - is a great place to start. There are four songs from each of the band's proper albums, plus a couple of new tracks. If you like some of there stuff, you will probably like all of it. Once you get that CD then the field is open IMHO. I can't say there's a single album I like more or less than the others. I hold them all in high regard.

One of my personal favorites in the entire Neil Finn canon is his solo debut Try Whistling This.

I'm very, very anxious to hear what the new album is going to sound like. He's never disappointed me...

Quote Originally Posted by NoGwenPlease View Post
    what was their one hit?
    "Don't Dream It's Over"...but apparently they had more overseas. It's funny that every "one hit on the pop rock station years ago" band has people swearing their whole catalogue is good, but that can only be true for so many bands. People say that about Fountains of Wayne and Nickelback, lolz. How many of the people creaming over Crowded House ever bothered to mention their music or a desire for a reuinion on this messageboard before their name was listed in the LA Times? Zero. It takes a reunion to bring out the fandom in people, I guess. That's true for every music forum I've ever posted on, actually.

You know that is true. I never would have asked for a Crowded House reunion. I didn't even recognize them till I heard their hit. The only reunions I wanted were Blur, Pulp, and Suede.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    I try to be politically pc more than most here: As a dude, anyone who could put a shark up a gals pc body, is pretty creepy, different and interesting. Just saying big time ..... cr****

How many of the people creaming over Crowded House ever bothered to mention their music or a desire for a reuinion on this messageboard before their name was listed in the LA Times? Zero. It takes a reunion to bring out the fandom in people, I guess. That's true for every music forum I've ever posted on, actually.
    LOL

Happy for people who are so blown away by Crowded House's Coachella inclusion/reunion. I have to order one of their CDs and join the bandwagon ... oopps, the bitching just started ... oh well, I'm not bitching ... "I'm so excited!" and curious!
    Last edited by idrive1life; 01-25-2007 at 07:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Boourns View Post
    "Don't Dream It's Over"...but apparently they had more overseas. It's funny that every "one hit on the pop rock station years ago" band has people swearing their whole catalogue is good, but that can only be true for so many bands. People say that about Fountains of Wayne and Nickelback, lolz. How many of the people creaming over Crowded House ever bothered to mention their music or a desire for a reuinion on this messageboard before their name was listed in the LA Times? Zero. It takes a reunion to bring out the fandom in people, I guess. That's true for every music forum I've ever posted on, actually.
    You are a perpetual windbag of snobbishness, do you have any idea how insufferable it is to read your massive, slobbery pretentious shit? People weren't calling for a Crowded House reunion because their drummer committed suicide in 2005 and they hadn't played in years. And "Don't Dream It's Over" is not one of their best songs by a mile. I sung the praises of CH on the board this past summer and posted a mix of their stuff...I didn't have a clue they'd re-form. I've had all four of their albums for years and all four of them are solid. In fact, they kept getting better. How much have you heard? From all I can tell, you've heard one fucking song and it violated your snobbish indie prickster ears so much you consider youself in a position to slam them? Just because they don't pop up on Pitchfork doesn't mean they don't have a solid back catalog.

this reminds me of the old board. good times.