Thread: People that are worried about INTERPOL conflicting with other acts

Default People that are worried about INTERPOL conflicting with other acts

I am a big fan of their music, and have seen them live several times.

Im sorry to tell you this but its true...

Do you have an Interpol record?
    Do you have a still photo of them on a stage?
    Can you listen to that record while staring at that photo for an hour?

Congratulations, you have now seen Interpol live.

I love the band, but I swear they are virtually well-dressed mannequins live. No movement, no passion, no variation in sound at all from the recordings.

Just my worthless 2˘, but if youre scheduling out yer day, its something you may want to keep in mind.
    This sig sponsored by MenocuŽ buttplugs.MenocuŽ butplugs are the only buttplugs Wykked Sceptre uses.

Default Re: People that are worried about INTERPOL conflicting with other acts

People who are worried about missing Interpol: "sHe WaS My, CAtatOnic SeX toY love -Joy DiVEr!!!11 lololol"

Thanks for the info. I'll definitely keep that in mind.

If they do end up conflicting with Sonic Youth I know where to go now.

Yeah, he's absolutely 100% correct about this, but please go see them anyway to prove it to yourselves. You'll make more room for me, wherever I'm at at the time.

Well being that they have never necessarily been the most animated band on the planet during their shows they have always been solid to me, each time I have seen them I actually did have a blast, their music more then makes up for anything and it is even better when you actually hear a band live that sounds exactly as good as they do on record if not better. I'm not one to be impressed by light shows or jumping into the crowd and such, but let's just say that they are an acquired taste live.
    Quote Originally Posted by superfan View Post
    And I have a dick for you to eat if youre hungry still.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomThom View Post
    I'm not one to be impressed by light shows or jumping into the crowd and such, but let's just say that they are an acquired taste live.
    doesn't interpol have a great light show though? I've heard that somewhere.

Judgy McMarco TeamCoachellaHellYeah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Senor Cardgage View Post
    I am a big fan of their music, and have seen them live several times.

Im sorry to tell you this but its true...

Do you have an Interpol record?
    Do you have a still photo of them on a stage?
    Can you listen to that record while staring at that photo for an hour?

Congratulations, you have now seen Interpol live.

I love the band, but I swear they are virtually well-dressed mannequins live. No movement, no passion, no variation in sound at all from the recordings.

Just my worthless 2˘, but if youre scheduling out yer day, its something you may want to keep in mind.
    I love Interpol but this is very true...I have seen them 3 times and the only difference was the songs they played. But not a bad way to wait for Bjork though!
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Reviewers who note the size of the crowd are dumb fucks.
    COACHELLA's: 2001. 2002. 2003. 2004. 2005. 2006. 2007. 2008. 2009. 2010. 2011. 2012. 2013. 2014. 2015.

Judgy McMarco TeamCoachellaHellYeah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ThomThom View Post
    Well being that they have never necessarily been the most animated band on the planet during their shows they have always been solid to me, each time I have seen them I actually did have a blast, their music more then makes up for anything and it is even better when you actually hear a band live that sounds exactly as good as they do on record if not better. I'm not one to be impressed by light shows or jumping into the crowd and such, but let's just say that they are an acquired taste live.
    Again true..Not Bad live act but I mean not that different from the record..Why else would I have seen them 3 times?
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Reviewers who note the size of the crowd are dumb fucks.
    COACHELLA's: 2001. 2002. 2003. 2004. 2005. 2006. 2007. 2008. 2009. 2010. 2011. 2012. 2013. 2014. 2015.

i've seen 'em twice at festivals. they were OK. I'll most likely be skipping them.

the drummer is great. he was in a much better band www.theholyterrors.com years ago.
    check em out. its like The Pixies meets Elvis Costello.

if you go to www.theholyterrors.com , go to the mp3/download section and listen to "Turn"

I saw them open for The Cure. Light show was great for an opening act, but nothing special. Lots of lights behind the band pointed at your face. They sound perfect, but they will absolutely get dropped from my list for even the most minor conflict.

Even on their Showtime special, you couldn't see their faces most of the time. The whole show was basically a blue screen with some human shaped shadows.

Quote Originally Posted by Senor Cardgage View Post
    This sig sponsored by MenocuŽ buttplugs.
    Man, has that sig been there the whole time? Kick ass!

"I am a television! Do you hear me? A TV!"

All hail Menocu. One of the best bits ever.

Blinds are like regulars now.
    This sig sponsored by MenocuŽ buttplugs.MenocuŽ butplugs are the only buttplugs Wykked Sceptre uses.

Yeah, I've seen Interpol a million times now, and I like their music, but they basically come and go when it comes to live acts.

I'd easily miss out on them this year. Except if I didn't like the other bands playing at the time. Then I guess I could go for a million and one.

i concur...
    I'm a reasonable man, get off my case.

I think Interpol are a great live band. Their songs are amazing enough to support the live show on just being played rather than various other things.

I saw them on the first album in a sold-out basement. BORING. They don't say ANYTHING between songs, the problem with this being that they would take three minute breaks between songs to tune their guitars and it would just be uncomfortable silence. Zero stage presence.

Then I saw them again a couple years later when Antics was coming out. They opened for The Cure, had tons of strobe lights they could hide behind, and sounded exactly the same. They're boring. Anyone who misses them for Sonic Youth is screwing themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by SunDevil View Post
    Thanks for the info. I'll definitely keep that in mind.

If they do end up conflicting with Sonic Youth I know where to go now.
    Yes, Sonic Youth is an amazing live band. They are very animated on stage. Especially during the awesome noise freakouts!

i've never, ever heard a good review of an interpol performance

Hmm, yeah, looks like I'll pick Sonic Youth over them as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    I try to be politically pc more than most here: As a dude, anyone who could put a shark up a gals pc body, is pretty creepy, different and interesting. Just saying big time ..... cr****

Great sound live, but their lights do more talking than their body language...I have to agree.
    An elegant death by glow sticks.

...05',06',07',08',09',10',11',12',13' and counting...

Yea...lights are kind of neat for a song or two. I think they should invest in video projections and spend the cost of a real video to get some cool images projected for their whole set. Maybe just run video footage of Ian Curtis spazzing out.