Thread: sleep in cars?

Default sleep in cars?

this is my first year going and i dont know alot of stuff. so can we sleep in our cars?

Default Re: sleep in cars?

no...

its the desert anyways - you'd begin to cook by 5AM

lol, thanks anyway

its against the law in CA to sleep in your car and if caught youll get a ticket.

i slept in my car with 2 others in 2005. it actually doesnt get too hot and in the morning you just drive down to the warehouse district and find a hose to shower with. if you have to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night is the only downfall. it was DEFINATELY an experience.

Quote Originally Posted by durrrrrrrrdee View Post
    its against the law in CA to sleep in your car and if caught youll get a ticket.
    now i think the real qustion is, will the ticket(s) be a great or lesser price than paying for a hotel during the deserts busiest weekend? followed up by, is it a ticket per person in the car or is the owner of the car the only one to get the fine? and one more, how many times can you get fined before they throw you behind bars?

in order to break the law efficiently, one must know the law. im looking at this from an economical stand point.

Quote Originally Posted by comedeysal View Post
    now i think the real qustion is, will the ticket(s) be a great or lesser price than paying for a hotel during the deserts busiest weekend? followed up by, is it a ticket per person in the car or is the owner of the car the only one to get the fine? and one more, how many times can you get fined before they throw you behind bars?

in order to break the law efficiently, one must know the law. im looking at this from an economical stand point.
    why not just camp? you might end up spending more on a ticket by the cops than actually buying the camping ticket.