View Poll Results: Who's gonna bright the HIP HOP?

Voters
168. You may not vote on this poll
  • Spank Rock

    18 10.71%
  • The Roots

    67 39.88%
  • Lupe Fiasco

    18 10.71%
  • The Coup

    11 6.55%
  • Busdriver

    8 4.76%
  • Brother Ali

    10 5.95%
  • Ghostface Killah

    26 15.48%
  • Ozomatli

    6 3.57%
  • DJ Shadow? (Outsider Material)

    4 2.38%
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
Results 151 to 178 of 178

Thread: Who's gonna bring the HIP HOP?

  1. #151
    Banned thelastgreatman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    The Wasteland (LA)
    Posts
    12,821

    Default Re: Who's gonna bring the HIP HOP?

    ... was anyone debating that?
    Quote Originally Posted by schoolofruckus View Post
    Look, your parenting is yours and Randy's business alone.
    Fans of TheLastGreatMan Accessory Shop

  2. #152
    Banned thelastgreatman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    The Wasteland (LA)
    Posts
    12,821

    Default Re: Who's gonna bring the HIP HOP?

    Seriously, FOI. I don't get what you were trying to say with that, and I'm posting about it again to get an answer.


    Huh?
    Quote Originally Posted by schoolofruckus View Post
    Look, your parenting is yours and Randy's business alone.
    Fans of TheLastGreatMan Accessory Shop

  3. #153
    Coachella Junkie psycobetabuckdown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    DC NW
    Posts
    6,007

    Default Re: Who's gonna bring the HIP HOP?

    Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw94086 View Post
    Logic isn't one of your strong suits.

    Just because you claim he would have MORE money/power/influence if he leveraged his cousin's name more often (which is debatable), it does not mean that his cousin's name has had nothing to do with the success he has had.

    And no, I did not directly compare 2pac and 98 Degrees. I was simply illustrating the flaw in your "well Del is at least better than 2pac" argument.
    Just because one thing is worse than the other does not mean the first thing is good. Forget 98 Degrees. Do headaches feel good because migraines are more painful?
    Didn't say he was better than 2pac. I said as good, maybe better. The assumption was that you would agree 2pac was great, but if you disagree, I'm not going to get into the "was 2pac overrated" argument.
    Ron Paul 2012!

    Upcoming Shows:
    Four Tet
    Coachella 4/20-4/22
    Death Cab for Cutie/Magik Magik Orchestra
    Radiohead
    some other bands

  4. #154
    Coachella Junkie jackstraw94086's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    8,413

    Default Re: Who's gonna bring the HIP HOP?

    once again it seems to have sailed straight over your head.

  5. #155

    Default Re: Who's gonna bring the HIP HOP?

    Quote Originally Posted by trentmorrison View Post
    ok, which concert would you say a fight will break out, someone's wallet being stolen, a bjork concert or a wu tang concert...answer truthfully


    eat a dick you racist piece of shit and take your worthless posts the fuck out of here

  6. #156
    No Clownery full on idle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Look I am tellin you straight out
    Posts
    7,764

    Default Re: Who's gonna bring the HIP HOP?

    Quote Originally Posted by thelastgreatman View Post
    Seriously, FOI. I don't get what you were trying to say with that, and I'm posting about it again to get an answer.


    Huh?
    I think I was saying that you said suburban white kids like that was an insult. I don't really remember, I was probably drunk.

  7. #157
    Coachella Junkie psycobetabuckdown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    DC NW
    Posts
    6,007

    Default Re: Who's gonna bring the HIP HOP?

    Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw94086 View Post
    once again it seems to have sailed straight over your head.
    You said, "just because one thing is no worse than the other does not mean the first thing is good." I understand that. That's why I'm explaining that they're both good. "the first thing" (2pac) is good, Del's skills are at par with 2pac, so Del is also good (at least his skills, we've argued about other aspects of his rapping, cf. jello).
    Ron Paul 2012!

    Upcoming Shows:
    Four Tet
    Coachella 4/20-4/22
    Death Cab for Cutie/Magik Magik Orchestra
    Radiohead
    some other bands

  8. #158

    Default Re: Who's gonna bring the HIP HOP?

    Aesop Rock
    what?

  9. #159
    Member All Your Base's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    In the bottom of a Leinenkugel bottle
    Posts
    2,403

    Default Re: Who's gonna bring the HIP HOP?

    ^
    Love Aesop. He was there last year though, yeah?

  10. #160
    Member Prof. Amaretto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Crunksville, U.S.A.
    Posts
    149

    Default Re: Who's gonna bring the HIP HOP?

    Whenever I see your name All Your Base, for some reason, I think of Ace of Base. Then I think of Coachella reunion '09 in the Sahara FTW!

    But still, Zero Wing has set us up the bomb! A winner is you!
    Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    GV doesn't care. We shouldn't either.

  11. #161

    Default Re: Who's gonna bring the HIP HOP?

    JAY-Z featuring Band: The Roots (MTV UNPLUGGED) Main Stage Headline Saturday Night!




    or..





    Dr. Dre & Snoop Doggy Dogg(When this was his name) Classic 1992-2002 Set.





    or...









    Outkast





    Take your pick!


    I vote for ALL THREE


    The Roots in my opinion are only good Live when they perform as the BAND, not as the Headline Performer.

    And their albums are pretty zzzzzzzzzzzz



    oh i am sorry was i saying something? i must have fallen asleep, that god damn ROOTs song came on the alarm radio.

  12. #162

    Default Re: Who's gonna bring the HIP HOP?

    Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Amaretto View Post
    Whenever I see your name All Your Base, for some reason, I think of Ace of Base. Then I think of Coachella reunion '09 in the Sahara FTW!

    But still, Zero Wing has set us up the bomb! A winner is you!
    ace of base in the sahara?




    whatever crack rock you've been smoking, i suggest you give that shit to someone else or at least pass it!


    but are u serious?


    ace of base is terrible and in the sahara?


    i've seen some shitty perfomers/artists/bands/djs etc.... at coachella as well as SOME FUCKING AMAZING ONES!


    but please no ace of base

    shit, you might as well put in UB-40 with COLOR ME BAD and Vanilla ICE opening DJ SET

  13. #163
    Member Prof. Amaretto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Crunksville, U.S.A.
    Posts
    149

    Default Re: Who's gonna bring the HIP HOP?

    If you were 8 in 1993, you'd understand...

    Actually, I was being sarcastic, though I bet some DJ could make some awesome remixes of their songs.
    Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    GV doesn't care. We shouldn't either.

  14. #164
    Member All Your Base's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    In the bottom of a Leinenkugel bottle
    Posts
    2,403

    Default Re: Who's gonna bring the HIP HOP?

    Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Amaretto View Post
    Whenever I see your name All Your Base, for some reason, I think of Ace of Base. Then I think of Coachella reunion '09 in the Sahara FTW!

    But still, Zero Wing has set us up the bomb! A winner is you!
    All >> Ace.

    Mmmm, Zig.

  15. #165
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    607

    Default Re: Who's gonna bring the HIP HOP?

    MISSY ELLIOTT
    je suis un extraterrestre

  16. #166
    old school zenidogx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Oakland
    Posts
    5,125

    Default Re: Who's gonna bring the HIP HOP?

    Quote Originally Posted by nocigarettes View Post
    MISSY ELLIOTT
    seconded
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFuJoe View Post
    Here is all I'll say about borders ... the Los Angeles Angels.

  17. #167
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    607

    Default Re: Who's gonna bring the HIP HOP?

    seriously, missy elliott would bring the party...
    je suis un extraterrestre

  18. #168
    Member TheWatcher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    So Cal
    Posts
    1,857

    Default Re: Who's gonna bring the HIP HOP?

    Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Amaretto View Post
    Whenever I see your name All Your Base, for some reason, I think of Ace of Base. Then I think of Coachella reunion '09 in the Sahara FTW!

    But still, Zero Wing has set us up the bomb! A winner is you!
    what you say

  19. #169
    Member All Your Base's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    In the bottom of a Leinenkugel bottle
    Posts
    2,403

    Default Re: Who's gonna bring the HIP HOP?

    Make your time.

  20. #170
    Guest
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles, Dallas, Phoenix.
    Posts
    400

    Default Re: Who's gonna bring the HIP HOP?

    THIS THREAD SUCKS, THERE IS NO JAY-Z

  21. #171

    Default Re: Who's gonna bring the HIP HOP?

    Q tip will be there (hopefully?) accompanied by the rest of the tribe.



    you think nas might make an appearance?

    btw wack list of hip hop
    Last edited by busyD; 01-23-2009 at 01:50 PM.

  22. #172
    Member seandlr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Washington D.C.
    Posts
    1,887

    Default Re: Who's gonna bring the HIP HOP?

    atmosphere, then brother ali

  23. #173
    Member NY Excuse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    87

    Default Re: Who's gonna bring the HIP HOP?

    wheres a tribe called quest??

  24. #174
    Coachella Junkie stinkbutt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    9,564

    Default Re: Who's gonna bring the HIP HOP?


  25. #175

    Default Re: Who's gonna bring the HIP HOP?

    tribe called quest!

  26. #176
    Member capitol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    57

    Default Re: Who's gonna bring the HIP HOP?

    Quote Originally Posted by seandlr View Post
    atmosphere, then brother ali
    Right on gotsta rep the mpls hip hop scene, but isn't Atmos a little tired lately? Maybe it is just because I've seen 'em play a gazillion times. I think the Roots would be epic. Lil Wayne would be awesome. Brother Ali always puts on a really fun show too.
    Is there any fact behind the Outkast rumors?
    What else is in the teaches of peaches? Sex on the beaches.
    Zeppelin.Daft Punk.Radiohead.Ben Harper: Chella '09

  27. #177
    old school gmoneyak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Re...no
    Posts
    4,488

    Default Re: Who's gonna bring the HIP HOP?



    Disclosure - October 12 - Reno, NV.
    Treasure Island Music Festival - October 19 - San Francisco, CA.
    Portugal, The Man - October 22 - Reno, NV.
    Cut Copy - October 31 - Reno, NV.
    Phoenix w/ Alt-J - December 5 - Reno, NV.

    COACHELLA '07, '08, '09, '11, '13

  28. #178
    Member Shooters08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    603

    Default Re: Who's gonna bring the HIP HOP?

    Nobody has mentioned Common yet and with Universal Mind Control being a pretty damn good album I could see him there.
    "Never argue with fools, because from a distance, people can't tell who is who"

    Quote Originally Posted by MonOm View Post
    You know what else is dumb - that you started a John Mayer thread.

Similar Threads

  1. do u think i would be able to bring in
    By HEADSTRUCK in forum Questions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-21-2007, 11:18 PM
  2. what do i need to bring?
    By rosiethefairy in forum Questions
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-16-2007, 08:31 PM
  3. So who's it gonna be?
    By gratytrainridesagain in forum Music Lounge
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 03-05-2007, 01:35 PM
  4. What can I bring In?
    By Dirtbag Magee in forum Questions
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 02-21-2007, 08:47 AM
  5. what not to bring
    By frozen pilgrim in forum Camping/Lodging
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-29-2007, 03:58 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •