Results 1 to 27 of 27

Thread: Who's excited about Brother Ali?

  1. #1

    Smile Who's excited about Brother Ali?

    I had never heard about him before I started to check out the Coachella Bands. Now, he is in my must see list, I hope he plays early on Friday, no crowd, no conflicts, very nice to start the marathon.....

    Yeah, 3 days will be a marathon, I remember last year on Monday I was totally exhausted....

    Brother Ali - Uncle Sam Goddamn


    Atmosphere and Brother Ali at Coachella

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    454

    Default Re: Who's excited about Brother Ali?

    I saw him last year and he put on a great show. He is one of my must see acts for friday.

  3. #3
    Coachella Junkie woogie846's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    7,657

    Default Re: Who's excited about Brother Ali?

    If there aren't any conflicts, I'd love to see him.

  4. #4
    old school instinct's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    anaheim
    Posts
    2,735

    Default Re: Who's excited about Brother Ali?

    I doubt there will be any conflicts.. good luck being INSIDE the gate by 12:00pm

    OUTKAST 2014
    it's finally happening

    Röyksopp, FC Kahuna, Télépopmusik, The Knife, RJD2, Futue Sound of London, The Avalanches, 808 State, Zero 7, Tycho, Mr. Scruff



  5. #5

    Default Re: Who's excited about Brother Ali?

    I'll tell you what . I don't t give two dads about Brother Ali and I think he STINKS!@

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    California
    Posts
    54

    Default Re: Who's excited about Brother Ali?

    Quote Originally Posted by instinct View Post
    I doubt there will be any conflicts.. good luck being INSIDE the gate by 12:00pm
    it takes forever to get in?

  7. #7
    Member dalethethug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Edmonton, AB
    Posts
    254

    Default Re: Who's excited about Brother Ali?

    no doubt, i have to see his show. It'd be nice if atmosphere showed up as well.
    Jebus loves me

  8. #8
    Lurker
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    A-town
    Posts
    16

    Default i am praying brother Ali plays

    towards the end of Friday. I land in Palm Springs Airport around 12pm so i figure checking into the condo and getting rental car i will be lucky getting to coachella by 3:30-4pm. I to started listening to brother ali because of him being on Coachellas lineup and now i am hooked. His latest album is damn near flawless. If for some reason i miss him because he played early then i will just have to wait until Rock the Bells.

  9. #9

    Default Re: Who's excited about Brother Ali?

    Quote Originally Posted by dalethethug View Post
    no doubt, i have to see his show. It'd be nice if atmosphere showed up as well.
    fuck yeah. but even if not, brother ali is gonna be fucking awesome

  10. #10
    Coachella Junkie M Sparks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    12,115

    Default Re: Who's excited about Brother Ali?

    "La Di Da Di...we like to party?"

    Ugh.

    "Uncle Sam" is pretty good, and I like "Truth Is". I guess they were just screwing around on that other one but, ick.

  11. #11

    Default Re: Who's excited about Brother Ali?

    it's a slick rick song you dumb ho

  12. #12
    old school instinct's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    anaheim
    Posts
    2,735

    Default Re: i am praying brother Ali plays

    Quote Originally Posted by RATMATL420 View Post
    towards the end of Friday. I land in Palm Springs Airport around 12pm so i figure checking into the condo and getting rental car i will be lucky getting to coachella by 3:30-4pm. I to started listening to brother ali because of him being on Coachellas lineup and now i am hooked. His latest album is damn near flawless. If for some reason i miss him because he played early then i will just have to wait until Rock the Bells.


    Last year he played at 12:00 :-/ and only had like a 40 minute set.



    I've never had to wait a really long time at the gates.. but have had to wait forever trying to get my car inside.

    OUTKAST 2014
    it's finally happening

    Röyksopp, FC Kahuna, Télépopmusik, The Knife, RJD2, Futue Sound of London, The Avalanches, 808 State, Zero 7, Tycho, Mr. Scruff



  13. #13
    Lurker brandon_derder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    31

    Default Re: Who's excited about Brother Ali?

    I heard he is playing really early. Wish they would give us the schedule already!

  14. #14
    old school instinct's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    anaheim
    Posts
    2,735

    Default Re: Who's excited about Brother Ali?

    No doubt in my mind he will play before 3:00..

    OUTKAST 2014
    it's finally happening

    Röyksopp, FC Kahuna, Télépopmusik, The Knife, RJD2, Futue Sound of London, The Avalanches, 808 State, Zero 7, Tycho, Mr. Scruff



  15. #15
    Coachella Junkie bballarl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    14,931

    Default Re: Who's excited about Brother Ali?

    Brother Ali was good last year. And albino.

  16. #16

    Default Re: Who's excited about Brother Ali?

    Yeah, I was in the front for his performance last year, it was great. Although I made the stupid mistake of not getting earplugs; his set was LOUD.

    Unfortunately, I missed Atmosphere's set, since I already saw him four other times. But it was worth it, as I got a nice spot for Daft Punk.

  17. #17

    Default Re: Who's excited about Brother Ali?

    Ali put on a good set last year.
    it seems like it could be a one-two punch of brother ali/busdriver.
    if so, then it should be one of the best ways to start of coachella.
    "That's the most gangster punk rock shit out there."- Z-Trip showing his love for Paul Tollett

  18. #18
    Coachella Junkie M Sparks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    12,115

    Default Re: Who's excited about Brother Ali?

    Quote Originally Posted by Trick Loves The Kids View Post
    it's a slick rick song you dumb ho
    Apologize to Al Sharpton immediately.

    As a white boy growing up in rural America in the 80's, our hip-hop listening was restricted to Run-DMC, LL Cool J, and maybe NWA if you were "edgy". Although my wife has a Too Short cassette laying around here somewhere.

    I thought it sounded vaguely familiar, but just because it's old doesn't mean it doesn't suck. Those kind of weak lyrics is exactly why I hated most hip-hop until I started discovering some underground stuff relatively recently. I think before 2002, the last hip-hop album I had purchased was Disposable Heroes of Hiphopracy in like, 1991 or so.
    Last edited by M Sparks; 04-23-2007 at 09:30 AM.

  19. #19

    Default Re: Who's excited about Brother Ali?

    Quote Originally Posted by M Sparks View Post
    Apologize to Al Sharpton immediately.

    As a white boy growing up in rural America in the 80's, our hip-hop listening was restricted to Run-DMC, LL Cool J, and maybe NWA if you were "edgy". Although my wife has a Too Short cassette laying around here somewhere.

    I thought it sounded vaguely familiar, but just because it's old doesn't mean it doesn't suck. Those kind of weak lyrics is exactly why I hated most hip-hop until I started discovering some underground stuff relatively recently. I think before 2002, the last hip-hop album I had purchased was Disposable Heroes of Hiphopracy in like, 1991 or so.
    wow, so you didn't even catch Public Enemy, De La Soul or A Tribe Called Quest?
    sucks for you.

    silly rhyming is one the better aspects of hip-hop.
    and plus, you can't hate on a classic track.
    i tried and it's impossible.
    one would come off as an elitist idiot.
    "That's the most gangster punk rock shit out there."- Z-Trip showing his love for Paul Tollett

  20. #20
    old school Stickjohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    St. Paul, MN
    Posts
    3,500

    Default Re: Who's excited about Brother Ali?

    Haven't seen this posted on here - from Brother Ali's Twitter:

    “Last night in Jackson Hole, WY was fun. This dude jumped on stage and started beatboxing.

    “Me being me, I snatched the mic from him and he got off stage. At the end of the song, (DJ BK-One) tells me that was Justin Timberlake. I ran and grabbed him and he beatboxed while I freestyled for about 15 minutes. Sorry JT. Thanks for rockin' with us.”


  21. #21
    Coachella Junkie psycobetabuckdown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    DC NW
    Posts
    6,007

    Default Re: Who's excited about Brother Ali?

    that is awesome
    Ron Paul 2012!

    Upcoming Shows:
    Four Tet
    Coachella 4/20-4/22
    Death Cab for Cutie/Magik Magik Orchestra
    Radiohead
    some other bands

  22. #22
    Coachella Junkie greghead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    6,028

    Default Re: Who's excited about Brother Ali?

    Look at all those white people
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    I'm still waiting for Jack White to finally admit that he invented the guitar.

  23. #23
    old school Stickjohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    St. Paul, MN
    Posts
    3,500

    Default Re: Who's excited about Brother Ali?

    Jackson Hole Wyoming has a lot of white people.

  24. #24
    Member Mickjagger00's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    California
    Posts
    389

    Default Re: Who's excited about Brother Ali?

    won't the desert sun burn his albino skin?
    Mick Jagger

  25. #25
    Coachella Junkie greghead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    6,028

    Default Re: Who's excited about Brother Ali?

    Quote Originally Posted by Stickjohn View Post
    Jackson Hole Wyoming has a lot of white people.
    Who are all terrible dancers, apparently.
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    I'm still waiting for Jack White to finally admit that he invented the guitar.

  26. #26
    short bus rider
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    590

    Default Re: Who's excited about Brother Ali?

    Quote Originally Posted by Stickjohn View Post
    Haven't seen this posted on here - from Brother Ali's Twitter:

    “Last night in Jackson Hole, WY was fun. This dude jumped on stage and started beatboxing.

    “Me being me, I snatched the mic from him and he got off stage. At the end of the song, (DJ BK-One) tells me that was Justin Timberlake. I ran and grabbed him and he beatboxed while I freestyled for about 15 minutes. Sorry JT. Thanks for rockin' with us.”

    i saw this the other night, and that shit is dope. first of all, the fact that justin timberlake was attending a brother ali show at a tiny club is pretty WTF in itself, but the fact that he got on stage with him and beatboxed...

    in jackson hole, wy.....

    wow.

  27. #27
    old school Stickjohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    St. Paul, MN
    Posts
    3,500

    Default Re: Who's excited about Brother Ali?

    I've read it was an annual party/event for the release of the Jackson Hole Snowboarding Magazine at the Million Dollar Cowboy Bar. Jackson Hole isn't a town per se but think Telluride and Aspen. Big money in the area - Cheney, Harrison Ford, etc.

    I love the life I live, my laughter and my tears
    I don’t know where it’s goin but I like it like it is

Similar Threads

  1. Brother Ali article in City Pages
    By Pete Scholtes in forum Line Up/Artists
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 04-13-2007, 08:26 AM
  2. Younger Brother.......
    By pitapitscv in forum Rumors/Gossip/Wish List
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-28-2007, 11:33 PM
  3. What are you excited about?
    By Stefinitely Maybe in forum Music Lounge
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 03-09-2007, 05:53 AM
  4. Brother Ali in the Midwest
    By mountmccabe in forum Line Up/Artists
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-16-2007, 10:42 AM
  5. I'm excited
    By garrett222 in forum Music Lounge
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-09-2007, 03:43 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •