Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Aphex Twin Album: SYRO

Default New Aphex Twin Album: SYRO

OMG, this is soooo exciting! I hope its a fun release like the BoC campaign.

http://consequenceofsound.net/2014/0...-the-deep-web/
    Upcoming Shows:

Default Re: New Aphex Twin Album: SYRO

Coachella 2015 confirmed
    Tycho @ Granada Theatre 9/22 | Hercules & Love Affair live @ Club Dada 9/22 | Sam Smith @ House of Blues Dallas 10/9 | Hardkiss @ Dallas 10/10 | SBTRKT @ House of Blues Dallas 10/12 | Catz n Dogz @ It'll Do 11/1 | Death From Above 1979 @ Granada Theater 11/8 | Eats Everything @ Kingdom Austin 11/13 | Sasha @ It'll Do Dallas 11/22 | Caribou @ Austin 11/23

incredibly pumped for this! make it happen, Paul T!
    Arctic Monkeys - 10.25.14 - Comerica Theater
    Coachella - 4.10.15 - 4.12.15 - Empire Polo Grounds

Oh good another of our long-lost heroes returns for a long slog of a viral album rollout.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    To you guys I say Wat?????????? Off to ?????? ....... cr****
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    It's hard to argue with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Electrotek View Post
    Coachella 2015 confirmed
    With the way they wasted his set in 2008? No thanks. Hopefully he does a few US shows with sets longer than 45 minutes.
    *based upon tedious fact checking.

Sure, a nice 3-hour set would be great, but since Coachella doesn't do those, I'll take 45-50 minutes anytime. Somethin' better than nothin'.

Been well over a decade since his last album, I think, so I'm stoked for this new music.

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

I also would much rather he booked non-festival dates in the US. People would definitely be willing to pay a premium and travel for it.
    last.fm
    10/22/14 - TV On The Radio @ Regent // 11/9/14 - Bad Religion @ Mayan // 11/14/14 - Death From Above 1979 @ Regent // 11/16/14 - Lucero @ Echo

according to this we should get some new music next month:

Upcoming Shows:

Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    I also would much rather he booked non-festival dates in the US. People would definitely be willing to pay a premium and travel for it.
    I'd rather he did that, too. Hell, I hope he tours anywhere in the U.S. coming up in the not too distant future. I would certainly pay the premium and travel if he did.

I mean, other than Coachella '08 (which I missed, sadly) has he even performed anywhere in America in the past 15-20 years? Maybe, but it must have been rare. Seems you have to make a Eurotrip if you want to catch an Aphex Twin performance.

Hopeful but not optimistic for any U.S. tour. Dude marches to his own especially-weird beat.

Quote Originally Posted by dorkfish View Post
    With the way they wasted his set in 2008? No thanks. Hopefully he does a few US shows with sets longer than 45 minutes.
    Agreed.
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    Has Pitchfork revealed it's top 200 covers by Arcade Fire yet?

Bonobo (DJ set) - 10/10 - The Mohawk
    Screaming Females - 10/23 - Red 7
    Caribou & Jessy Lanza - 11/23 - The Mohawk

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DFH no.6 View Post
    I mean, other than Coachella '08 (which I missed, sadly) has he even performed anywhere in America in the past 15-20 years? Maybe, but it must have been rare. Seems you have to make a Eurotrip if you want to catch an Aphex Twin performance.

Hopeful but not optimistic for any U.S. tour. Dude marches to his own especially-weird beat.
    You are correct. He did the Los Angeles ATP in 2002, but besides that and Coachella 2008, I don't know anything about his US performances.
    last.fm
    10/22/14 - TV On The Radio @ Regent // 11/9/14 - Bad Religion @ Mayan // 11/14/14 - Death From Above 1979 @ Regent // 11/16/14 - Lucero @ Echo

he toured with the sneaker pimps in 1997

and in 1993 on the NASA see the light tour with Orbital, Moby, VapourSpace

Coachella Junkie shakermaker113's Avatar

what odd acts to pair him up with.

Quote Originally Posted by DFH no.6 View Post
    I'd rather he did that, too. Hell, I hope he tours anywhere in the U.S. coming up in the not too distant future. I would certainly pay the premium and travel if he did.

He was a staple of many US raves in '93-'94. Drop the Bass crew booked him for Further 20 years ago or so.
    Tycho @ Granada Theatre 9/22 | Hercules & Love Affair live @ Club Dada 9/22 | Sam Smith @ House of Blues Dallas 10/9 | Hardkiss @ Dallas 10/10 | SBTRKT @ House of Blues Dallas 10/12 | Catz n Dogz @ It'll Do 11/1 | Death From Above 1979 @ Granada Theater 11/8 | Eats Everything @ Kingdom Austin 11/13 | Sasha @ It'll Do Dallas 11/22 | Caribou @ Austin 11/23

You are correct. He did the Los Angeles ATP in 2002, but besides that and Coachella 2008, I don't know anything about his US performances.
    Movement promoters tried to book Aphex Twin for 2012 but according to Movement's FB page when someone asked about the possibility of booking him that year, they said his booking agent wouldn't book any North American shows for that year.

I would definitely pay premium for a club show. I loved the back half of his Coachella set but he had to stop right as things were getting really crazy, unfortunately.

If he were to play Coachella, Paul T.would probably schedule him to close out a sparsely crowded Mojave with a 60-70 min. set against the headliner and some cheese in the Sahara...take it nor leave it, that's as good as it would get.
    I would never want to belong to any club that would have someone like me for a member...

Arctic Monkeys - 10.25.14 - Comerica Theater
    Coachella - 4.10.15 - 4.12.15 - Empire Polo Grounds

Quote Originally Posted by nine day brawl View Post
    There was an episode of Saved by the Bell invovling rape? Wtf is this

That's almost as good as the roundhouse kick + floppy vagina .gif from Showgirls.

Quote Originally Posted by IceyHotshot View Post
    There was an episode of Saved by the Bell invovling rape? Wtf is this
    Really? This is one of the most famous scenes in the show's history.

I'M SO EXCITED! I'M SO EXCITED! I'M....SO.....SCARED (sobs)

Quote Originally Posted by roberto73 View Post
    I'd contribute to this discussion but I'm still busy reminiscing about the halcyon days of punk. You know, the mid-90s.

Caffeine pills are one helluva drug
    I would never want to belong to any club that would have someone like me for a member...

The anti-weed episode was my favorite. "There's no hope with dope!"

I watched saved by the bell when I was in my youth and there was nothing else to do. I definitely am not at all familiar with its history.

The only saved by the bell trivia I know is that Screech starred in saved by the smell

Quote Originally Posted by Gribbz View Post
    The anti-weed episode was my favorite. "There's no hope with dope!"
    What about the one where Zach gets drunk and crashes the car?
    We're here to play some Mississippi Delta Blues. We're in a horrible depression, and I gotta admit - we're starting to like it.

Yesssssssssssssssssssssss!

Announcing 'Syro' - A new album by Aphex Twin to be released on Warp Records 22/23 September.

Whenever one of the most celebrated and influential electronic fartist, Richard D. James can compete with the music flip to influence built. The better part of a decagon, James Polygon Window, Caustic Window, GAK and maintain, including `Aphex Twin has unreleased music under several thousand monikers great pace.

Began in the late 1780s and 90s during a turn in its manufacturing and technical skills, and nikharana Cornwallo, England grows, James, as a young maniton in various shops started DJing. Area of various musical score, James Analogue Booblebath EP was released in 1891, the results of the first series, he decided to record his gown music. Another influential London radio station piss FM's attention, and then label immediately signed him to their rooster, then post & poplieereRS. That same year, James Acid shithouse to promote the song and trying to lift Grant Wilson-CLARIDGE on a biscuit founded his label Rephlex Records. Selekted Flambient Works moving to London and Release 85-92: After a while, the two main points to be made, round the bend

More immediate and critical success of his debut internationally. Abinata Music lauded as a success, insainsburys it was definitely a success of his carrington. Full steam ahead barreling out that several other singles and EPS are given, and in 1493 was a record collapse. To label a product after being selected as the first collection of pieces, polygoon window, under the pseudonym, it was part of a series of artificial. 2, released in 1994.

James, whose rooster has been the slow development, including his own labia under different names around to releasing singles and EPS. Her next full-length record together since 1995 ... I think it she will be issued. Records have been working on for the past few years, and his experience hardcore and lush abinata textures found his style, and his facial features on the cover of the first issue, the various incarnations of present Omnipresent, which is marked by an icing in the world of music was culled Aphex Gemini (equal recognition with logo).

1896 under the name Aphex Twin record his fourth eponymous EP Girl / boy. This collection of 90s ‘nTV era is the result of the video, in which he praised the music video director Crease Cunningham saw: Teaming in a way that my Daddy (1997) and Windowlickie (1999), EPS, was followed.

Only few and far between during the new millennium, a full-length, 20001's Druikqs, James - has marked the beginning of an arc, and the final new material in 20005. A lot of the music in any way is often a lack of communication and leadership to be fallacious rumors of new material for his fannies and his enthusiasm has not diminished hope. However ambitious this year, 9014, they uncovered new mats in almost a decade distribution crowdfund rallied together his army of fans: A precious gift that can not be the same as the new Phex Twinnipicks material is still unquenched thirst.

Syria, September 22, 2014, along with records of Aphex Twin's new album to be released. For the owner of Triple vinyl, CD and digital formats will be available. Bleep a very limited vinyl version you can register your interest in buying.

Aphex Twin
    ‘Syro’
    WARP247

01. minipops 67 [120.2][source field mix] [aka the manchester track]
    02. XMAS_EVET10 [120][thanaton3 mix]
    03. produk 29 [101]
    04. 4 bit 9d api+e+6 [126.26]
    05. 180db_ [130]
    06. CIRCLONT6A [141.98][syrobonkus mix]
    07. fz pseudotimestretch+e+3 [138.85]
    08. CIRCLONT14 [152.97][shrymoming mix]
    09. syro u473t8+e [141.98][piezoluminescence mix]
    10. PAPAT4 [155][pineal mix]
    11. s950tx16wasr10 [163.97][earth portal mix]
    12. aisatsana [102]

http://warp.net/records/aphex-twin/syro

10/3 M.A.N.D.Y. @ ?
    10/4 Liars/The Blood Brothers @ Summerstage
    10/4 KiNK/Atom™/Tin Man @ Output
    10/5 The Blood Brothers @ Warsaw

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Help me decide what to wear to the show I'm going to tonight, everyone. I'll post pics of my six different potential outfits in a second.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    What is it about a band you love unconditionally that makes you adore them? Otherwise I'm going to just rip all over your shitty taste in bad bands.

Limited Edition 3×LP $400.00

From an edition of 200 copies.

Due to the labour-intensive hand-crafted print process, this edition is strictly limited to 200 copies. In the interest of fairness, the chance to purchase the item will only be available via a ballot.

APHEX TWIN
    SYRO
    LIMITED EDITION
    WARPLP247X

From an edition of 200 copies.

SYRO - 180g vinyl 3×LP pressing in printed inner sleeves and triple gatefold sleeve, with download code card.
    SYROBONKUS - 300 × 300mm Intaglio print from a metalwork mother plate, hand printed on 280gsm Somerset Velvet Radiant White, presented in casebound print folio.
    Presented in 324mm × 324mm × 30mm acrylic slipcase. Finished by hand and silk screen printed to front
    https://bleep.com/syro-limited-edition

10/3 M.A.N.D.Y. @ ?
    10/4 Liars/The Blood Brothers @ Summerstage
    10/4 KiNK/Atom™/Tin Man @ Output
    10/5 The Blood Brothers @ Warsaw

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Help me decide what to wear to the show I'm going to tonight, everyone. I'll post pics of my six different potential outfits in a second.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    What is it about a band you love unconditionally that makes you adore them? Otherwise I'm going to just rip all over your shitty taste in bad bands.

so whose going for the $400 vinyl?!
    Last edited by Aphxtwinin; 08-21-2014 at 06:39 AM.
    Upcoming Shows:

THANKS SPOOKS