Thread: Can I bring my SLR?

Question Can I bring my SLR?

Hey '15 would be my second time going to the festival. I took a bunch of pics with my phone last year but only some of them were good and alot were to far away even though i was in the front. I also prefer film then digital which makes me beg the question can I bring my SLR into Coachella? If i cant do you guys have any alternatives or any way to get on in?

Default Re: Can I bring my SLR?

If you can attach a lens to it, they can refuse entry. But like anything, if you try hard enough, you can probably get it in.

Quote Originally Posted by harrisonrich View Post
    Hey '15 would be my second time going to the festival. I took a bunch of pics with my phone last year but only some of them were good and alot were to far away even though i was in the front. I also prefer film then digital which makes me beg the question can I bring my SLR into Coachella? If i cant do you guys have any alternatives or any way to get on in?
    Do you think youre going to get anything good with it? And why dont you buy a nice point and shoot instead.

I've been wondering this too. My wife and I recently bought a Canon Rebel t3i for our upcoming trip to Japan. It does have interchangeable lenses but I don't know why they care. This seems like one of those rules that should have changed awhile ago.

Short answer is no unless you have a Press Pass. Any camera with a detachable lens is considered a professional camera. With that said I've seed a few GA attendees with SLR cameras. I guess it depends on who checks you at the gate

http://www.coachella.com/festival-info/

Quote Originally Posted by arthurbang View Post
    I've been wondering this too. My wife and I recently bought a Canon Rebel t3i for our upcoming trip to Japan. It does have interchangeable lenses but I don't know why they care. This seems like one of those rules that should have changed awhile ago.
    Again, are you going to get anything good with the thing? Most likely no, cause you have no idea what youre doing. Leave it to other people to get the good stuff. Get a nice point and shoot and do something else.

Quote Originally Posted by superfan View Post
    Again, are you going to get anything good with the thing? Most likely no, cause you have no idea what youre doing. Leave it to other people to get the good stuff. Get a nice point and shoot and do something else.
    Recommendations for a nice point & shoot?

9/11 Swans - Roxy
    9/30 King Crimson - Orpheum Theatre
    10/29 Tycho - Ventura Theater
    10/31 QOTSA - Forum
    11/4 United Nations - Los Globos

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by superfan View Post
    What makes you think you are in a position to just tell everybody that they don't know how to use the cameras that they own?
    last.fm
    8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/6/14 Elvis Costello & Ben Folds - Hollywood Bowl
    9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL // 9/18/14 Neutral Milk Hotel - Hollywood Bowl

I'd like to think I take pretty good photos. I'd much rather bring this camera and get some professional-looking shots than continue to just use the one on my camera, as i usually do.