Page 96 of 96 FirstFirst ... 919293949596
Results 2,851 to 2,869 of 2869

Thread: Coachella 2015: I wanna start a rumor...

  1. #2851
    man-homie obzen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Cacapoopoopeepeeshire
    Posts
    16,218

    Default Re: Coachella 2015: I wanna start a rumor...

    Shirley you can't be serious...

  2. #2852

    Default Re: Coachella 2015: I wanna start a rumor...

    Gang Gang Dance's FB has been pretty active lately. Seems like maybe a new album could be on the way. Would love to see them make a return in 2015.

  3. #2853
    old school DFrank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    la
    Posts
    2,535

    Default Re: Coachella 2015: I wanna start a rumor...

    I dont understand how Drake could be a possibility for GV to grab before "Eminem". Not that I like Eminem either, but I would assume he is a bigger get than Drake. Are we really out of new hip hop headliners?

    And I see Coldplay being more of a reality this year or next if Chris Martin is serious about the next album being their last.
    FYF 08/23-08/24
    Chvrches 09/19
    Banks 10/16
    Digitalism 11/08

  4. #2854
    old school TickleMeElmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Anchorage
    Posts
    3,611

    Default Re: Coachella 2015: I wanna start a rumor...

    Drake is new to the festival circuit, Eminem isn't. Also, Eminem's latest release are absolutely awful while obviously being past his prime while Drake's have been decent (by this board's standards) and is in the prime of his career.
    Quote Originally Posted by travelfan View Post
    It's a bit unfair though, when I change an MP3 halfway through a song at a party I get yelled at, whereas Skrillex probably got a blow job.

  5. #2855

    Default Re: Coachella 2015: I wanna start a rumor...

    Personal and business reasons certainly got in the way to an extent, but it's likely that Eminem would have headlined already if that were in fact desired by all parties involved. 2012 may have been the best/last you're going to get until some need for it to happen develops on one or both sides.

  6. #2856
    old school
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    4,242

    Default Re: Coachella 2015: I wanna start a rumor...

    Quote Originally Posted by DFrank View Post
    I dont understand how Drake could be a possibility for GV to grab before "Eminem". Not that I like Eminem either, but I would assume he is a bigger get than Drake. Are we really out of new hip hop headliners?
    He's 25% the price of Eminem and Drake actually uses a live mic onstage.

  7. #2857

    Default Re: Coachella 2015: I wanna start a rumor...

    Kendrick Lemar, Drake, and Kayne headliners all three days.

  8. #2858

    Default Re: Coachella 2015: I wanna start a rumor...

    Quote Originally Posted by Bumblebee View Post
    He's 25% the price of Eminem and Drake actually uses a live mic onstage.
    Oh noes!

    Bumblebee back to being on the money.

  9. #2859
    Member theStank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    western hemisphere
    Posts
    344

    Default Re: Coachella 2015: I wanna start a rumor...

    regardless of who is up there you can bet there will be some crotch grabbing, towel raising and a whole shit load of "Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!" Live hip hop sucks.....................

  10. #2860

    Default Re: Coachella 2015: I wanna start a rumor...

    Quote Originally Posted by TickleMeElmo View Post
    Drake is new to the festival circuit, Eminem isn't. Also, Eminem's latest release are absolutely awful while obviously being past his prime while Drake's have been decent (by this board's standards) and is in the prime of his career.
    Everything after Eminem's second album has been worthless, in all honesty. He'd never have been invited to Coachella if not for Snoop and Dre, and we can all think what we like about those two being booked in the first place. This isn't Coachellapalooza, close enough to Detroit and the heart of MTV for Eminem to still matter. The most disheartening guess being perpetuated is AC/DC. Sure, we all know the songs, but that's because we all grew up with a drunk mulleted uncle figure with shit poor music taste. I personally give GV more credit. Replace AC/DC with Stone Roses.

  11. #2861
    The Encyclopedia bmack86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Bishop, CA
    Posts
    28,665

    Default Re: Coachella 2015: I wanna start a rumor...

    I know AC/DC's music because Steve Albini told me to listen to them. He may be an uncle figure, but he most certainly is neither drunk nor mulleted, and I would hesitate to describe his music taste as shit poor.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

  12. #2862

    Default Re: Coachella 2015: I wanna start a rumor...

    God, even if we are way off the mark, this year's Coachella headliner possibilities are pitiful.

    In an ideal world Daft Punk would apppear on the poster and everyone would truthfully be surprised given that everyone on here has pretty much given up hope on them every being at Coachella again.
    I would never want to belong to any club that would have someone like me for a member...

  13. #2863

    Default Re: Coachella 2015: I wanna start a rumor...

    Quote Originally Posted by MrPanchoStinky View Post
    Everything after Eminem's second album has been worthless, in all honesty. He'd never have been invited to Coachella if not for Snoop and Dre, and we can all think what we like about those two being booked in the first place. This isn't Coachellapalooza, close enough to Detroit and the heart of MTV for Eminem to still matter. The most disheartening guess being perpetuated is AC/DC. Sure, we all know the songs, but that's because we all grew up with a drunk mulleted uncle figure with shit poor music taste. I personally give GV more credit. Replace AC/DC with Stone Roses.
    third album* The Eminem Show was still decent.

  14. #2864
    Coachella Junkie WhyTheLongFace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    San Gabriel
    Posts
    8,718

    Default Re: Coachella 2015: I wanna start a rumor...

    Quote Originally Posted by ballroomdancer22 View Post
    God, even if we are way off the mark, this year's Coachella headliner possibilities are pitiful.

    In an ideal world Daft Punk would apppear on the poster and everyone would truthfully be surprised given that everyone on here has pretty much given up hope on them every being at Coachella again.
    I think people have just given in to the idea of the 2017 tour
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    It almost makes you think you might actually want to know what you are talking about before you tell people things.

  15. #2865
    Banned thelastgreatman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    The Wasteland (LA)
    Posts
    13,080

    Default Re: Coachella 2015: I wanna start a rumor...

    Quote Originally Posted by forihave5inned View Post
    third album* The Eminem Show was still decent.
    Encore was also awesome, eff you all. Rain Man is probably the single most unique thing he has ever done with rhyme and better

  16. #2866
    The Encyclopedia bmack86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Bishop, CA
    Posts
    28,665

    Default Re: Coachella 2015: I wanna start a rumor...

    And his shit from the 8 Mile Soundtrack. Rabbit Run is one of my favorite songs of his.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

  17. #2867
    Banned thelastgreatman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    The Wasteland (LA)
    Posts
    13,080

    Default Re: Coachella 2015: I wanna start a rumor...

    True. I didn't listen to the rest of the album, but frankly even Rap God is still a fucking dope song.
    Quote Originally Posted by schoolofruckus View Post
    Look, your parenting is yours and Randy's business alone.
    Fans of TheLastGreatMan Accessory Shop

  18. #2868
    Banned thelastgreatman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    The Wasteland (LA)
    Posts
    13,080

    Default Re: Coachella 2015: I wanna start a rumor...

    God I hope we get Busta on the polo fields this year.
    Quote Originally Posted by schoolofruckus View Post
    Look, your parenting is yours and Randy's business alone.
    Fans of TheLastGreatMan Accessory Shop

  19. #2869
    Coachella Junkie Neighborhood Creep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Duluth Minnesota
    Posts
    8,699

    Default Re: Coachella 2015: I wanna start a rumor...

    I like Relapse a lot.
    Busta is a musta for the fields
    Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    When Foster the People played Pumped Up Kicks I freaked the fuck out because I thought that song was long gone

Similar Threads

  1. EM15 = Elektra 2015 + MUTEK 2015
    By lt.roast.a.botch in forum Other Music Festivals...
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-02-2014, 11:07 AM
  2. RUMOR: R.I.P. Coachella Forums
    By cradlerobber in forum Misc. Lounge
    Replies: 61
    Last Post: 01-19-2011, 09:28 PM
  3. Which is the worst Coachella rumor/news site?
    By Queenie Cupcakes in forum Polls
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 01-15-2010, 05:03 PM
  4. BLUR @ COACHELLA 09-RUMOR HAS IT..
    By vogina in forum Rumors/Gossip/Wish List
    Replies: 78
    Last Post: 12-01-2008, 04:02 PM
  5. And the worst Coachella rumor ever was...
    By Boourns in forum Rumors/Gossip/Wish List
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 12-27-2007, 02:08 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •