Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sacramento Launch 2014

Default Re: Sacramento Launch 2014

I'm interested in 1 of those passes MostlyMellow. Is it a hard ticket?
    10/24- Little Dragon, Fox Theater
    11/1 & 11/2- Day of the Dead Festival
    11/6- Bassnectar, Montbleu
    11/7- Bassnectar, Memorial Auditorium
    11/9- Hardwell, Bill Graham
    11/10- Foster The People, Menorial Auditorium
    11/17- MSTRKRFT, Indy
    11/25- London Grammar, Fox Theater

No all tbd tickets are from eventbrite . You print them and then turn them in at the gate for a wristband. Unfortunately since both were purchased at once It's one pdf file and eventbrite recommends transferring the order info to the new attendee http://help.eventbrite.com/customer/...on-information . So i'm not sure how to sell these separately.Any thoughts?

I figured out how to split the pdf file. I listed them on stubhub as well , but thats a fifteen dollar loss for both of us. Just let me know , I know its hard to trust people on the internet.

Ok I'll let ya know soon.
    11/17- MSTRKRFT, Indy

Drew you better come!
    2013 = Coverchella

2011 = Perfectchella

Information about Yoga : http://www.tbdfest.com/yoga/

And The Pit : http://www.sactownmag.com/Whats-Cook...ff-in-The-Pit/

I wonder how early they will open doors seeing as there will be Yoga on the Main at 10 am.

Do you have the two GA passes for 99$? If so, please text me at 650-248-4335! Thank you

Attached Images Attached Images

Can someone explain to me why TBD Fest opted to move to the First weekend of October and compete with Hardly Strictly instead of the second weekend of October which (to the best of my knowledge) has no festivals to compete with it on?

Quote Originally Posted by Sconce View Post
    Can someone explain to me why TBD Fest opted to move to the First weekend of October and compete with Hardly Strictly instead of the second weekend of October which (to the best of my knowledge) has no festivals to compete with it on?
    It doesn't make much sense especially since they are not trying to use overlap with HSB for their acts. The only thing I can think of is that they are scared of being the weekend before Treasure Island? But I would think scheduling the same weekend of a free festival that 900,000 people go to would be more damaging to the bottom line.

Quote Originally Posted by Vasoline Groove View Post
    It doesn't make much sense especially since they are not trying to use overlap with HSB for their acts. The only thing I can think of is that they are scared of being the weekend before Treasure Island? But I would think scheduling the same weekend of a free festival that 900,000 people go to would be more damaging to the bottom line.
    It's pretty frustrating. I kind of hope they don't do well in hopes that they move to the second weekend next year. I'm going to Hardly Strictly this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Sconce View Post
    It's pretty frustrating. I kind of hope they don't do well in hopes that they move to the second weekend next year. I'm going to Hardly Strictly this year.
    Yep, me too. It probably hurt TBD that HSB had one of their stronger recent lineups this year. If TBD had used a different weekend, I would have loved to come up for that Saturday lineup.

Go to the free fest you liberals . Tbd hates the coachella crowd. I love the concept . Intimate no mainstream shit

Quote Originally Posted by MostlyMellow View Post
    Go to the free fest you liberals . Tbd hates the coachella crowd. I love the concept . Intimate no mainstream shit
    I'm a Libertarian, you don't have to be liberal to pick free over cost, I love me some music at a reasonable price, or no price if I can help it. I would love to go to TBD but if it's up against Hardly, Hardly wins.

Quote Originally Posted by MostlyMellow View Post
    Are you suggesting that HSB pulls in the "Coachella" crowd, or just applauding TBD for not having mainstream shit?

Also I don't know how a 'no mainstream shit' mantra could be applied to TBD with Dillon Francis, Moby, Empire of the Sun, and a Justice DJ set topping the festival.

Also the idea that there are significant swaths of the festival population absolutely torn between HSB and TBD is silly. I doubt TBD gave HSB much consideration at all when making their logistical decisions.
    Last edited by guedita; 09-09-2014 at 10:14 PM.

10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival
    10/22: Roman Flugel @ f8
    10/25: Moodymann @ PW
    11/20: The Drive by Truckers, Sturgill Simpson @ The Fillmore

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    I doubt TBD gave HSB much consideration at all when making their logistical decisions.
    These are my thoughts as well. I think there are plenty of people in both camps to cover both festivals just fine. I know HSB wasn't even a consideration for me between the lineups (my preference being TBD) and the fact that I can walk to TBD. Unfortunately, I'm guessing TBD is severely undersold so far with it still being on the second of four price tiers with less than a month to go. In a way I'm excited to experience this festival without it being overcrowded, but hopefully not so badly that it tanks and doesn't continue in years to come.
    2013 = Coverchella

2011 = Perfectchella

Quote Originally Posted by thefrush View Post
    These are my thoughts as well. I think there are plenty of people in both camps to cover both festivals just fine. I know HSB wasn't even a consideration for me between the lineups (my preference being TBD) and the fact that I can walk to TBD. Unfortunately, I'm guessing TBD is severely undersold so far with it still being on the second of four price tiers with less than a month to go. In a way I'm excited to experience this festival without it being overcrowded, but hopefully not so badly that it tanks and doesn't continue in years to come.
    Yes, but I think your last statement of it not selling well might show that HSB has been a factor for the poor ticket sales of TBD. I'm in a similar situation as you, I can walk to HSB, so TBD was not going to work for me even if I do like some of the bands. And I would say that if you live in Sacramento and like festivals you would likely go to TBD.

But if you live anywhere between SF and Sacramento, then you have to make a choice. And if the choice is a free festival in San Francisco or paying $150+ to see some midtier bands/djs in Sacramento, a lot of people are going to go with free.

Like I said before, if the festival was a different weekend, I could see myself driving up for the Saturday lineup. I'm sure there are plenty of people in SF that have similar thoughts but its not worth doing since you would be passing up the chance to see some quality acts in GGP for free (and byob which is another thing to consider when it comes to costs).

Quote Originally Posted by Vasoline Groove View Post
    Yes, but I think your last statement of it not selling well might show that HSB has been a factor for the poor ticket sales of TBD. I'm in a similar situation as you, I can walk to HSB, so TBD was not going to work for me even if I do like some of the bands. And I would say that if you live in Sacramento and like festivals you would likely go to TBD.

But if you live anywhere between SF and Sacramento, then you have to make a choice. And if the choice is a free festival in San Francisco or paying $150+ to see some midtier bands/djs in Sacramento, a lot of people are going to go with free.

Like I said before, if the festival was a different weekend, I could see myself driving up for the Saturday lineup. I'm sure there are plenty of people in SF that have similar thoughts but its not worth doing since you would be passing up the chance to see some quality acts in GGP for free (and byob which is another thing to consider when it comes to costs).
    As someone living in Napa I can confirm this, will be going HSB due to free.

Anyone selling a 3 day GA ticket?
    11/17- MSTRKRFT, Indy

Quote Originally Posted by CrystalCastlesFreak View Post
    Anyone selling a 3 day GA ticket?
    I won a pair of tickets 2 weeks ago but recently realized I won't be able to attend. They should be coming in the mail soon and I'd be glad to sell them super cheap when they get here. But that's contingent on how they send them. If they have my name on them and require ID then I won't be able to get rid of them

Fa sho. Let me know when you find out
    11/17- MSTRKRFT, Indy

Just found out i wont be able to attend. Selling 2 passes $240 for the pair. Pm me if you are interested

I'm interested, but only need 1.
    11/17- MSTRKRFT, Indy

I'm surprised no one jumped on posting a link to the set times... and map!

http://issuu.com/submergemag/docs/su...-171/c/sl8e360

If I lived in Sacramento, Sunday would be worth it just for the main stage. Yacht into Blondie sounds so good.
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFuJoe View Post
    Here is all I'll say about borders ... the Los Angeles Angels.

Trying to get rid of two 3-day passes. Asking $85 each. PM me if you're interested.

So who's all going tonight?

My tentative schedule is : Exmag -> The Drums -> Gramatik/Com Trusise - RAC -> Moby

And have they released parking pricing? Wasn't able to find it on the website.

I'm hoping parking will be free.

Ok day one is done. The site is currently a dirt lot that will become a lot nicer next year. Maybe could have waited to move it here. The parking was run by the rivercats people meaning a ridiculous 15 bucks. I advise people to park in old sac or on a road and walk the 15 minutes. Screw that 15 a day. Next the thing started later because of a fire inspection. Amateur hour strike one. Next there are no water stations in 90+ heat. Amateur hour strike 2. Honestly I got pretty frustrated in the beginning and ended up walking to old sac and hanging at a bar until it started cooling down.First half of the day was a failure.

Second half I have time to relax and have some drinks and head back. Heat isn't so miserable so I was able to enjoy myself much more. Went to the VIP bus played some video games. Got to get to the rail easily in vip section at the main stage and the crowds were very manageable with plenty of room to dance and move around. Can't tell you how much better small fests are compared to giant ones because of this.

Saw lots of great music , stages are all really nice and sound is loud and blasting. Art work is really cool , the cube thing IMO was better than that stupid monolith at Coachella.
    Yeah there's plenty of growing pains , but the music is loud and good . Food is great , art is great , and had a good time.That redbull bus stage is pretty sweet and compact.

Lineup is only going to get better these next two days so am pretty pumped.

Gotta give it up to Gramatik as set of the day , especially the first half of their set. Dance party.
    Its a learning process obviously but I appreciate the effort.

Day two knocked it out of the park . Wow what a day. Having great music with loud volume goes a long way . I've seen empire six times but being on the rail made it fun again . Awesome day , the crowds were so cool reminded me of the old coachella days when the fans were great .