Thread: Valley Music Travel - Hotel Package... Which one!?!

Cool Valley Music Travel - Hotel Package... Which one!?!

Hey guys,

I'm looking to get a hotel package for Weekend 1 through Valley Music Travel - I've looked at all the websites but hard to tell which one is the best?
    I'm thinking the ones that are closest?
    Are some party hotels and some more chilled?

Any help/recommendations would be amazing!

Thanks

Default Re: Valley Music Travel - Hotel Package... Which one!?!

For the last 3 years we stayed at The Renaissance Palm Springs. Nice place, chill, great staff but really far from venue. It was always nice to hang out in Palm Springs the two days before the start of the festival. Hard Rock Hotel is within walking distance and this year that place partied. 2015 we are splitting the difference and picked the J.W. Marriott in Palm Desert. 12 miles to venue and 12 to Palm Springs so we'll see how that goes. Probably does't help you, but at least it takes The Renaissance Palm Springs out of your running.

Those packages are a rip-off. The Renaissance package is $2,499.

You can book a room for 3 nights at the Renaissance for 300/night right now, and get 2 GA tickets for 750-800 = $1,700 max.

9/25 Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers, 9/27 How to Dress Well, 9/28 The War on Drugs, 10/1 Jenny Lewis, 10/3 & 10/5 ACL W1, 10/10 CHVRCHES, 10/11 Spoon, 10/12 ACL W2, 10/13 Paul McCartney, 10/16 Rodrigo y Gabriela, 10/18 twenty one pilots, 10/19 Erasure, 11/4 Manchester Orchestra, 11/7 Rufus Wainwright, 11/7-11/9 FFF Fest, 11/12 Tedeschi Trucks Band, 11/19 Chrissie Hynde, 11/23 Caribou, 12/14 Fleetwood Mac, 12/19 The Black Keys + St. Vincent

I've mulled on getting a hotel for a couple years, I decided this year to pull the trigger. I chose the La Quinta resort for a few reasons:
    - it's the closest resort style hotel to the festival grounds.
    - it has an expansive list of restaurants and bars
    - the grounds are huge, seriously the place is MASSIVE.
    - they allow dogs and also have a "day care" where they take them out to play, groom them (extra fees of course)
    - dedicated shuttle stop. This is a big one. The shuttle runs to and from this hotel only. And, since it's the closest hotel, it takes the least amount of time from getting on the shuttle to getting to the festival.

Dog day care??? That is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

I didn't stay at La Quinta resort but I rented a house within walking distance, and the La Quinta shuttle stop is the best shuttle line I've used. There was never any unreasonable wait for the shuttle at the resort (there was always a shuttle there and it left within 5 minutes of getting on it no matter how empty it was), the trip to the festival was about 15 minutes, and the BIG positive was at the end of each night when the line to get back was a SMALL fraction of the other shuttle lines. It really made all the difference and took so much stress out of the experience.
    They were also serving food (tacos) at the resort at the end of each night (well past 3am) if you're into that sort of thing.
    Last edited by CrimesceneCookie; 05-28-2014 at 11:13 AM.

Stayed at La Quinta Resort for a work function a few months ago and it is really nice (and really old). Think it dates back to the 30s. That said, it has an old Hollywood charm to it and the grounds are kept up nicely - it is a Waldorf-Astoria/Hilton property after all. I'm not a huge fan of its casita-type setup, though. Each of the casita groupings (and there are many of them) has its own smaller pool, meaning there's not one central area for guests to hang out. This might be good for couples and those who just want to relax after a long day at Coachella but not so good for those who want to party more and mingle with groups of their fellow Coachellians. There is a decent Mexican restaurant onsite and one of the Valley's best fine-dining establishments (Morgan's). Would only stay here if I were married-and-buried, a prude or about to enter my twilight years.

For Coachella, I stayed at the Renaissance (Esmeralda) in Indian Wells, which probably is the next closest hotel offered through VMT and has a way more festive and fun atmosphere. The shuttle ride was maybe 20 minutes. There is one central pool where EVERYONE hangs out and mingles, which is awesome in getting the lowdown on who/who not to see, reviews, inside scoops, etc. A lot of bands stay at the Renaissance Esmeralda as well as at the not-as-ritzy Indian Wells Resort Hotel across the street (not part of VMT). For w2 next year, it will be one of these two for me.
    Last edited by kvnty; 05-28-2014 at 01:00 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by fakekvnty View Post
    All you ladybois want inside this pink slip
    You bitchez will all CUM-ba-ya when y'all see my pee-shooter.
    Follow kvn†y on instagram :: "Lorde is my shepherd. I shall not want."

Unfortunately the Esmeralda is not in the week one package this year! We always stay there and now I had to book a VMT package for the first time since I did not get tickets on the presale! After every year I have gone to Coachella so I freaked out and booked a package. I stayed at a friends la Quinta house and went to Stagecoach this year for the first time- my daughter's husband dropped out- and there were so many people at the shuttle stop! I think because of all of the house rentals plus the hotel there are just too many people for the shuttle unless you go at 11 am. So that is the only reason I did not book La Quinta even though it is closer!

Quote Originally Posted by momof5 View Post
    Unfortunately the Esmeralda is not in the week one package this year! We always stay there and now I had to book a VMT package for the first time since I did not get tickets on the presale! After every year I have gone to Coachella so I freaked out and booked a package. I stayed at a friends la Quinta house and went to Stagecoach this year for the first time- my daughter's husband dropped out- and there were so many people at the shuttle stop! I think because of all of the house rentals plus the hotel there are just too many people for the shuttle unless you go at 11 am. So that is the only reason I did not book La Quinta even though it is closer!
    Can you take a punch?
    All you ladybois want inside this pink slip
    You bitchez will all CUM-ba-ya when y'all see my pee-shooter.
    Follow kvn†y on instagram :: "Lorde is my shepherd. I shall not want."