Thread: Interpol and The Strokes making a return next year?

Default Interpol and The Strokes making a return next year?

Goldenvoice booked em for FYF Fest in August so would there be a strong chance they'll be back in the valley come next April?

Default Re: Interpol and The Strokes making a return next year?

Give birth through your urethra.
    Coachella - 4.10.15 - 4.12.15 - Empire Polo Grounds

Interpol most likely, the Strokes can fuck off

I'm wondering if you are from New York? haha I don't see why not. Tollett has a list of regulars that seem to pop up in their original bands (The Strokes in 2011) or on their own (Julian Casablancas in 2010, 2014). I have had enough of The Strokes, but would personally love to see Interpol again (2011)!

I arrived in America's airport with clothings, US dollars, and a jar of gypsy tears to protect me from AIDS.

I like The Strokes, but I think it would be extremely lame of Goldenvoice to book them as headliners for both festivals. Plus, after how awful his solo set was last month, Julian deserves a 5-year ban from the polo fields.

I can see Interpol happening, though, especially with a new album by then.

Quote Originally Posted by kellybuck99 View Post
    I'm wondering if you are from New York? haha I don't see why not. Tollett has a list of regulars that seem to pop up in their original bands (The Strokes in 2011) or on their own (Julian Casablancas in 2010, 2014). I have had enough of The Strokes, but would personally love to see Interpol again (2011)!

LA native, it's super rare having Interpol play in the area. Paul banks has been around with his solo gigs but Coachella would be sweeter with the return of Interpol.

I wouldn't mind Paul Banks solo in either the Gobi or Mojave...
    I arrived in America's airport with clothings, US dollars, and a jar of gypsy tears to protect me from AIDS.

Quote Originally Posted by omon15 View Post
    LA native, it's super rare having Interpol play in the area. Paul banks has been around with his solo gigs but Coachella would be sweeter with the return of Interpol.
    Interpol play LA & So Cal 4-5 times every tour, what the hell are you talking about?

But yeah, they'll probably be there next year. Not sure about The Strokes.

Coachella Junkie malcolmjamalawesome's Avatar

Well they are both bands
    Quote Originally Posted by ruetheday View Post
    I don't fucking care. I don't even know who the hell Dave Wang is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devin the Dude View Post
    you used to be that guy that just Dave Wang's everybody. that guy. he's gone now, and whoever you really are showed up, and that was utter disappointment.

It totally makes sense that every single act that Goldenvoice does business with would be invited to the festival. I mean, WHY WOULDN"T THEY?
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

I would prefer neither...both bands deep into the downside of their career and neither quite ready for the reunion/old-timer label...Tollett can do much better than tired bookings like these.

2014 has started out like a MF with seriously great releases from Swans, Sun Kil Moon, War on Drugs, Neneh Cherry, Thee Silver Mt. Zion...

Why people are always chomping at the bit to bring back acts that have played multiple times already and just played in the last three years over pushing for the great new stuff and acts that have yet to play the fields really confuses me sometimes.
    Last edited by IlliniQ; 05-23-2014 at 10:34 AM.
    The Replacements - Bryan Ferry - Outkast - The Knife - Dum Dum Girls - Jon Spencer Blues Explosion - Broken Bells - Haim - Neko Case - Jagwar Ma - Goat - Waxahatchee

Queens Of The Stone Age - Pet Shop Boys - Chvrches - Mogwai - Warpaint - Washed Out - Future Islands - Ty Seagall - Darkside - Foxygen

Beck - Neutral Milk Hotel - Superchunk - Arcade Fire - Bombino - Daughter - Surfer Blood

I think the Strokes would only play again if they headlined, and they're already headlining FYF so I don't see them doing both in the same year...

I never liked The Strokes and hope they don't return. I doubt they play Coachella next year. Interpol seems likely though.

Julian Casablancas was the worst thing I've heard at Coachella. Dear. God.

1/27 Kevin Hart, 1/30 White Arrows, 1/31 Allen Toussaint, 3/1 Fleetwood Mac, 4/4 Stars, 4/17-4/19 Coachella W2