Thread: weekend 2 hotels are sold out and i have a shuttle pass what do i do now?

Unhappy weekend 2 hotels are sold out and i have a shuttle pass what do i do now?

me and my friend are going to weekend 2 and we bought shuttle passes but all the hotels that we can afford are all sold out what are we supposed to do now ??

Default Re: weekend 2 hotels are sold out and i have a shuttle pass what do i do now?

Fuck, really? What would common sense dictate? Maybe drive to the fest? Drive to a shuttle stop and park there and then ride to the fest? Speechless.

Default Re: weekend 2 hotels are sold out and i have a shuttle pass what do i do now?

Sell your passes. It's obviously not meant to be.

Kudos for trying to plan in advance. You would have thought 11 months in advance would be enough right?

Options:
    Try Airbnb
    Try and find a hotel with a waiting list and hope for cancelations
    Try connecting with someone on the board or elsewhere to share a hotel or car camping spot. There's an entire discussion board devoted to this topic (Camping/Lodging)
    If you're not willing to camp there's an excellent thread with copious information - How much to thickets cost I don't want to camp

Perhaps some hotels are not prepared to take reservations so far in advance.

the best western had rooms for $65 a night on Saturday. not sure now. It's a bit of a drive but better than paying $400 a night.

A lot of hotels haven't event released all of their inventory right now. I've never had issues finding good and affordable hotels, try looking at Hotwire or test your luck by doing bids in Priceline.

Right now for W1 (Fri to Mon) I'm seeing

- 4 star Hotel in Palm Sripngs - $166 p/night
    - 3 star Hotel in Cathedral City - $169 p/night
    - 2 star Hotel in Palm Springs - $164 p/night

That 4 start should be a great deal. The 3 star in Cathedral city is probably the Desert Princes resort.

W2 will be available in Hotwire, Priceline and a lot of other aggregators for more hotels over the next 2 weeks.
    OutKast-TheKnife-Replacements-theGlitchMob-JagwarMa-Shlohmo-MSMR-AntiFlag-CaravanPalace-GabbaGabbaHeys-EllieGoulding-NekoC-AFI-Bonobo-theCult-Bastille

QOTSA-Lorde-PetShopBoys-MGMT-EmpireOfTheSun-CageTheElephant-Chvrches-CapitalCities-Temples-Naked&Famous-Mogwai-HolyGhost-WhiteLies-theInternet-LauraMvula-

ArcadeFire-Beck-NMH-Disclosure-LanaDelRey-Motörhead-LittleDragon-ToyDolls-1975-Krewella-Fishbone-TromboneShorty-ArtDept-Bombino-BadManners-SurferBlood-BoNingen-JRoddy-FactoyFloor

I just reserved rooms at the Hilton Homewood Suites in Palm Desert for both W1 and W2. Prices are up for W1 but W2 still had the everyday price as of this morning.